“The best service I have ever received!”

Desa Seni, A Village Resort
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Canggu
Vancouver, Canada
“The best service I have ever received!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We decided to stay at Desa Seni as part of our last two days before leaving Bali. We have travelled around Bali for three weeks and stayed at very good places. However, Desa Seni is one of the best places we have stayed in. We have travelled to many places and Desa Seni gets my stamp approval due to their organic way of serving guest. I was treated as if I was family member, staff knew my name and always made an effort to ask me about my day, the food which is grown on the resort and is organic was delicious and the room was tastefully decorated and arranged. The most fantastic thing for me was to do unlimited Yoga as a guest of the resort. I have been practicing Yoga for almost 2 years due to back injuries. I had the best Yoga classes at Desa Seni so far.

I recommend anyone staying in Bali to experience staying at Desa Seni and trying the Yoga classes as they are fantastic. Thank you Desa Seni for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eli G
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Terima kasih Banyak! So exciting to know that a village can create an experience so wonderful. It is great to have people come and contribute to the experience of others! Thank you for taking the time to write! Nothing more pleasing to all to know we have made a difference. See you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Indonesian first
switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at Desa Seni 5 days for a yoga retreat.
You just wish this place would be your home, the design of every single thing is thought through beautifully, the flowers, the status the decoration details have found a little perfect space in every corner of the village.
The staff is extremely welcoming and friendly yet letting you your privacy.
The kitchen is using veggies from their own garden, organic of course and blends all sports of leafs herbs and veggies wonderfully. Also great massages!
Perfect spot for a couples to recharge!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Well come on back!!! such a pleasure for everyone to receive such grateful people! Sharing our vision and love is a gift! Thank you!!!
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

What a blissful stay at Desa Seni! The moment I entered this resort I couldn't smile wide enough, greeted by the most charming staff, who couldn't do enough for you, we felt truley pampered and utterly relaxed from the moment we arrived. Original and creative, beautiful little houses in your own little piece of their gardens, amazing and fresh food, most of which comes straight from the gardens. Lovely salt water pool and yoga to suit any standard! Not to mention the best massage of our trip(and we had a few)! Green, thoughtful and luxury all at the same time! A one-off experience for all the right reasons!

• Stayed April 2014
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
You have made many many people smile wide! Thanks you for taking the time to let us know. Smiling is contagious!! Big smiles from Bali!!!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is one of the best places I have stayed at, anywhere in the world! The yoga classes are fantastic, the food is delicious, the rooms are immaculate and beautiful, the whole place looks stunning, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful... I could go on an on. Stay here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you! It is always with pleasure to welcome ones who share the same vision. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know and share your experience. Our staff will be delighted. Till we see you again, Matur suksema!
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Unlike most yoga retreats that are serious with their detox diets, rules and treatments, this is designed for those who want to find that inner peace, re(connect) with nature, peace and our body and minds.

The yoga is varied and covers beginners with hatha, kundalini and meditation, and for the more advanced, Bhakti flow and astanga will get you going. I managed 3+ hours every morning for 4 days, and I feel great. Octavo and Angela gave more intensive classes but they were supportive to all students and both have naturally calming teaching styles, so even though it is intense, they relax you too. Jess' classes were comfortable and soothing, especially sunrise hatha. Sunrise classes of hatha and meditation at 0715 were the best ways to start the day, and prepared you for the next "more intensive" class at 0830 or 1030. I spent afternoons at the beautiful pool, which is quiet and uncrowded, or visited the nearby beaches; Echo Beach is a beautiful surfing black sand beach, go for lunch and watch the waves and then rent a sun lounger, or sit on the beanies at the sand bar and watch sun set.

I stayed in the Village Cabin which is the only single bed, and smallest charming wooden hut in the resort. It works. Spacious shower and outdoor patio & garden. There is only AC in the room, and you may meet new friends like geckos in your bathroom, but that goes with staying so close to nature, they at least help to eat Mosquitos.

The entire resort is Eco friendly and they have their own organic garden.

The resort restaurant serves some meat, but there are plenty of vegetarian choices, and personally I found the non meat options more satisfying. Delicious food and juices.

There's a TV in the room but no reception, only for DVD purposes, but there is a radio and dont worry there is wifi all throughout, so bring reading material and enjoy the peace.

Another amazing thing about Desa seni are the people; everyone is welcoming, friendly, like you are part of the village. Howard, one of the owners, if walking around, will also introduce himself. I made many friends there, and can't remember all their names but Yoga and Yudi are definitely stars.

Lastly, Desa, Seni and Sally - the resort dogs are also charming themselves. Desa accompanied me for breakfast, walked me home, slept on my porch every night.

Desa seni really gives back to the community, it is very admirable their vision, their ambition and their contributions. They hold yoga related charity events like yoga stop trafficking, they support local charity groups and they will hold a yoga festival on march 16th.

I went to Desa Seni to take a break from it all, clear my mind, refresh, refocus and reconnect. It gave me so much more, it was inspiring and I take so much away with me from just those magical 4 days.

Thank you and I look forward to returning to my journey of eat pray love.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MissReviews
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and extensive review - it is very much appreciated!! We appreciate all feedback and are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay so much. Yoga and Yudi were thrilled to have their names mentioned and we appreciate your support and kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your journeys bring you back to the island of the gods. Terima Kasih!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed for 3 nights and absolutely loved it. The javanese house was amazingly beautiful with lots of creative design details and also lots of privacy. The entire place with staff, food, gardens and pool beam of delight and you feel so looked after and pampered as a guest. I did yoga a couple of times too which was nice.

• Stayed February 2014
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much. Reading your review makes it all worthwhile and our staff greatly appreciate the nod and kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you many more enjoyable holidays to come! Terima Kasih Banyak!!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Desa Seni can be described in one simple word…. Exquisite!!!
Masterfully landscaped, organic, tropical, evoking a "Heaven on Earth" experience.
I arose every morning in the skillful hands of accomplished Yoga instructors with their heart chakra open to impart their knowledge and expertise.
This heavenly experience could not exist without Angels in human form soulfully nurturing Desa Seni.
My heartfelt gratitude to:
Owners,Tom and Howard, the skillful and hospitable office staff: Ikin, Nesa, Awan, Dewit and Citra. The bright smiles of excellent service executed by Irham, Yudi, Mustaka, Kadek, Suarda, Budi, and Rai.
I departed replenished, rejuvenated and most importantly whole!!!! Your Cinderella had a ball.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for such a glowing review. Our team was all thrilled to read their names and we are deeply appreciative of your appreciation. The yoga program is one of our biggest projects very dear to our heart and having you enjoy it so much makes it all worthwhile. We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you again for your kind kind words! Terima Kasih!!