“The best service I have ever received! ”

Desa Seni, A Village Resort
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Canggu
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Desa Seni for one month doing my yoga teacher training and way amazed by the waiters working there. They all learned mine and 40 other peoples names in only a few days. One of the best servers was Yoga, he always had a big smile and helped with anything we needed. I would go back another 100 times just to visit the amazing staff!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for the review! The time! the love! The energy! So great to share vision and passion with others who have similar ones! Thank you and till your next visit, training, adventure! Terima Kasih Banyak!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at desa seni five years ago, and still today, after many travels across the globe, it is the most beautiful resort i have ever seen. This time, it sadly was fully booked, but i came to their high-quality yoga classes every day. Desa seni remained what it was during my first stay: heaven on earth. The minute you step onto their grounds, utter peace and serenity settles over you. It has to do with their limitless love for beauty, incredible attention to detail, genuine warmth of the staff, the organic vegetables growing in the gardens, the lovely energy radiating out from the outdoor yoga shala, their sense of community... And with something else that is impossible to explain. In a nutshell: if you have the chance to stay at desa seni, do not hesitate one second!

• Stayed: May 2014
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

It was great having you come back and visit! Sorry about being full, as a boutique wellness center, please contact us early to get a booking. Nothing more gratifying to when the community we have built comes back and back and back! So nice seeing you, till the next coming!! Terima kasih!!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at Desa Seni for three days in May of 2014. We loved Desa Seni for its beauty, comfort, service and sense of place.
Everything about Desa Seni is well thought out from the set up of the pool, yoga studios, wellness centre and restaurant to the free bicycles and "amenities" box in each room (flashlight, all natural insect repellant, postcards and ginger candies). The grounds are beautiful and well set up. One of the best things about our stay was the staff. They are helpful, friendly and genuinely cheerful in that easy Balinese way. They really seemed to enjoy working with tourists.

We stayed in one of the smaller cabins, although it was larger than most hotel rooms and had a huge bathroom. The room had all the things you need to chill out (excellent bed, good wifi, nice furniture, A/C) and none of the things you do not need (no flat screen tv). The food was excellent and included a number of balinese dishes as well as dishes prepared from greens and vegetables grown in the village itself. I do not practice Yoga so instead I got the deep tissue balinese massage which was intense but helped my lower back.

Desa Seni gives back to its community by hosting events to raise money for local charities and by offering internships to help train disadvantaged Balinese youth. They also practice what they preach in trying to reduce their environmental impact by growing alot of their own food not using any plastics and teaching others about these practices.

I highly recommend Desa Seni to anyone who is looking for that difficult find combination of comfort and service with a connection to the place it is located in. I know it is a resort for westerners but with the cabins and staff and setting you at least feel like you are in Bali and not in a resort that could be anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: try the Balinese breakfast, rent bikes to go to the beach, find out from staff your Balinese name (B...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Wow, if only you could see the smiles on all the staff, yoga teachers and myself. How nice it is to know that when you follow your passion and others join, the ride is wonderful. Thank you for your contribution, your dedication and we await you till next time. Much gratitude, Matur Suksema!!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We decided to stay at Desa Seni as part of our last two days before leaving Bali. We have travelled around Bali for three weeks and stayed at very good places. However, Desa Seni is one of the best places we have stayed in. We have travelled to many places and Desa Seni gets my stamp approval due to their organic way of serving guest. I was treated as if I was family member, staff knew my name and always made an effort to ask me about my day, the food which is grown on the resort and is organic was delicious and the room was tastefully decorated and arranged. The most fantastic thing for me was to do unlimited Yoga as a guest of the resort. I have been practicing Yoga for almost 2 years due to back injuries. I had the best Yoga classes at Desa Seni so far.

I recommend anyone staying in Bali to experience staying at Desa Seni and trying the Yoga classes as they are fantastic. Thank you Desa Seni for a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Eli G
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Terima kasih Banyak! So exciting to know that a village can create an experience so wonderful. It is great to have people come and contribute to the experience of others! Thank you for taking the time to write! Nothing more pleasing to all to know we have made a difference. See you again!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at Desa Seni 5 days for a yoga retreat.
You just wish this place would be your home, the design of every single thing is thought through beautifully, the flowers, the status the decoration details have found a little perfect space in every corner of the village.
The staff is extremely welcoming and friendly yet letting you your privacy.
The kitchen is using veggies from their own garden, organic of course and blends all sports of leafs herbs and veggies wonderfully. Also great massages!
Perfect spot for a couples to recharge!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Well come on back!!! such a pleasure for everyone to receive such grateful people! Sharing our vision and love is a gift! Thank you!!!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

What a blissful stay at Desa Seni! The moment I entered this resort I couldn't smile wide enough, greeted by the most charming staff, who couldn't do enough for you, we felt truley pampered and utterly relaxed from the moment we arrived. Original and creative, beautiful little houses in your own little piece of their gardens, amazing and fresh food, most of which comes straight from the gardens. Lovely salt water pool and yoga to suit any standard! Not to mention the best massage of our trip(and we had a few)! Green, thoughtful and luxury all at the same time! A one-off experience for all the right reasons!

• Stayed: April 2014
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

You have made many many people smile wide! Thanks you for taking the time to let us know. Smiling is contagious!! Big smiles from Bali!!!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is one of the best places I have stayed at, anywhere in the world! The yoga classes are fantastic, the food is delicious, the rooms are immaculate and beautiful, the whole place looks stunning, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful... I could go on an on. Stay here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you! It is always with pleasure to welcome ones who share the same vision. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know and share your experience. Our staff will be delighted. Till we see you again, Matur suksema!