“Disappointing”

Satisfy Hotel
Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Not Satisfy very dis satisfying!! If you want a good nights sleep or to be near the town centre, do not stay here. As it was the quiet season (May), I don't think anyone else was staying at the hotel. The restaurant was closed & the pool which looked good in the photos was green!!!! There were heaps of small brown ants & mosquitoes in the room & the bed was hard. Lights outside the room stayed on all night & shone through thin window coverings. From 5am to 7am there was an extremely loud local government radio broadcast blasting through the hotel nonstop. On checkout a sign was noticed off to the side of reception advising of this. Very disappointing

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jane T
Vo_Chi_Cuong, Người quản lý at Satisfy Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2015
Dear Ms Jane

Thanks for your reviews, as the manager of Satisfy hotel I would like to appologize for what you have suffer because of really bad service. Now we are the brand new company to take over this property and things like that will never happen again to our guest though Local radio sometimes are still bother you , but it will be out soon as the government' s promise.
If you visit Chau Doc again, please contact me and may I offer you a free full of service stay here to make it fair ?

Sorry again with many thanks.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Salt Lake City UT
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Brand new construction, this lovely place is about 5 minutes from town. The staff is very kind. The major plusses about the Satisfy are that one, there is an in house restaurant that serves delicious food including breakfast and the pool area is divine. We were in Vietnam in March of 2012, and let me tell you, it's hot! The pool was such a treat. Lovely teak pool furniture and pretty plants. There is even a pool bar with underwater stools. Staying at the Satisfy was such a nice experience as it was so realxing compared to the hustle and bustle out in Chau Doc. It is situated right across from a cute tiny kiddie amusement park and it's quite a hoot to wander over and look at all the families enjoying the carousel, etc. Safe quiet area. Not too out of the way, but you would have to take a 3 minute taxi ride into town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the pool!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jetgirljill
Rensselaer NY
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We stayed here for our last night in Vietnam (10 days total). We came to Chau Doc to take a speed boat Down the Mekong River into Phnom Penh, so I do not really know what other attractions may be here. The staff seemed nice and yes, they did take our passport to give to the "government" but we got them back about an hour later. The taking of passports is common in Vietnamese towns which are located close to the boarder. This really freaked me out the first time, but my guide insisted it was required. My friend and I had copies of our passports, so that fact served as reassurance when we were not in possession of our passports.
I did not choose this hotel, this was the one and only hotel my friend and I let our travel agency book for us, so we had no idea what it was like, but were assured it was quality. The hotel itself is what we Americans call a motel, the rooms are accessed from the outside. When we checked in they took our passports. We wanted to use the computer in the lobby so we stuck around there for a while. The women that worked there spoke okay English, but not as good as we were used to from hotel staff other places. We were brought to our room where we had a lengthy lesson in how to lock the door. We were on the ground floor and all around the room were signs in English reminding you to keep all doors and windows locked at all times. Needless to say, all these serious security precautions made me nervous. (I should say I am female and travelled with a female friend.)
The room was clean and looked nice enough, however the bathroom in particular stunk like mold very badly. We had to sleep with the bathroom door shut and even then it was quite strong. There was some kind of carnival going on in the town and there were old American children's songs being played with Vietnamese lyrics. Strange, but whatever. We hung out by the pool trying to use the free wifi which did not work. The beds were uncomfortable and neither of us slept well. The breakfast was only okay. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: I would have felt safer in a second floor room, rather than sleeping by a window on the ground floor...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KristaJ

Travellers are raving about these Chau Doc hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Out of all the hotels I have stayed in whilst in Vietnam, this was the worst. If you want a good nights sleep or to be near the town centre do not stay here. On arrival the desk told us as we were checking in that they were taking our passports for details and would give them back in an hour, we refused and said we would like to keep them on us and would wait for them to take he details, which was done within minutes. The hotel room stunk of stale smoke, I'm not sure why we weren't offered a non smoking room, maybe they don't have them. The walls and windows are paper thin, so anything going on in the courtyard where the pool was could be heard crystal clear. The noise late evening may I add, was not from customers as they were barely any in the hotel, but from the staff. At 5 am some loud music came on, which we thought was coming from the courtyard. After ringing reception 5 times with no answer, we got out of bed to fin dout why the noise was so loud, the receptionist was asleep on the lobby floor. After waking him we found out that it was the local radio and wouldn't stop for another 2 hours and could not be turned off. After lack of sleep, a trip not town which is almost 3 km to the main part of chau doc is tiring. I would never return and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple