Pumpkin Sapa Hotel
Agoda.com
US$40
US$30
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here after looking around a few other hotels in the area. I've read some of the other reviews so guess this place may have had some work done on it since they were written (also has good hostelworld/booker reviews). The room was pleasant - modern, bright, clean and generally quite nice to be in with UPVC double glazed windows, its warmer than the other hostels/budget hotels in the main road which touts were trying to get me into for prices between $7 and $15, its costing $10 here. I had an electric blanket as it is a cold period up here in the mountains, TV, hairdryer etc, large modern bathroom with lots of hotwater. The place is down one of the side roads behind the main strip so its also pretty quiet here. I'd suggest having a look when you are in town. The staff are also extremely helpful and have let me use their phone for long international calls to my bank. I'd recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Ask around in town and view a few places. Don't take the first one that you look at. If you're on a budget but looking for something half decent, I highly recommend finding your way to pumpkin hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Booked as a part of a package so had no choice for a nights stay. I did move to another hotel the next night, only because I had made other arrangements prior- glad I did.
Staff are very accommodating and polite. Food for breakfast and dinner - included in the package, was good.
Wifi is available.
My room was 2 single beds and lucky I was travelling on my own as it would have been difficult to have another person in the room at the same time as the beds were very close together and blocked half of the access to the bathroom. It was locate on the 4th floor and there is no lift but that is not an issue for me. Beds are very hard but slept fine as I had just return from 3 days of trekking. TV reception was very poor. There is a hair dryer in the room.
Laundry expensive so suggest you head a few meters down the road to the laundry that does an overnight service for 26000 per kilo. Out of the hotel, go left and it is on the left hand side - about 30 meters.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I do not mention The Pumpkin hotel in a good way. We were there in January. It was something like 15C degrees outside but I had a felling that in the hotel is much colder. There were no heating in room! Windows and door were not tight. They has many holes that were 5 cm width! We asked for amp and the next day service asked us to pay for it. Apart from it curtains were dirty. The worst think was the bathroom. I'm not very expacting, but is was so dirty that I couldn't take a shower. Awful! In the end we decided do change The Pumpkin hotel and moved to another one.
Good thing is that Pho soup was quite good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Our stay here was included in our Sapa trek package. I would not have stayed here otherwise. There's really nothing "wrong" with the place but it is obvious that it has seen better days. The rooms were clean but tired and worn. This was especially evident in the bathroom. Although the shower worked, it was falling apart. It was definitely not a hardship to stay here but I'm sure you cold easily find a more attractive alternative.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I didn't have many expectations from this hotel but was actually pleasantly surprised. The place is a little rundown and could do with an overhaul but the staff were super friendly and made it a nice place to stay. We were even invited to join the staff for the Tet New Year celebration dinner. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple