Royal View Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sapa
See available hotels
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I came to Hanoi to see my famly and my oldfriend. We decided to go Sapa for weekend vacation. I booked Royal View Hotel through a friend's advice and she did'nt let me down. The first things I love about this place is Customer service. They are really friendly,helpful when show me some interesting bar, restaurants, blah blah... The weather is extremly cold and foggy but I think the room design really made me feel confortable, the bathroom is clean.... In short, next time if I come back Sapa, I still live in this hotel.
A great place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Little P
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We got put here as a part of an eight day Vietnam deal that I purchased online. We enjoyed our stay. The rooms were large and relatively unfinished but a large king bed was nice. The electric blanket was a homey touch in the cold season as the room has no heating. This didn't seem to be an issue as we had a lot of sun and the room held its heat. Staff were nice but struggled with English sometimes. We got washing done one afternoon and it was ready the next morning, also cheap, so loved this! Breakfast was standard, except an omelette station made to order which was good. Mix of Vietnamese and western. Toilets in loby arent clean and don't lock. There is a bit of noise from halls at night but this didn't seem to bother us. Overall it was nice and I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Extremely cold whilst there and foggy which made the trip slightly uncomfortable. No real heating except radiant heaters which don't have much effect.
Great staff would couldn't have been been nicer more helpful. Food is good. The area is magic

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guy W
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a terrible hotel
It has a good location off the main street and a wonderfull view of the mountains
It was probably a former colonial french house
There is an open fire in the lobby-no way for the smoke to get out
The breakfast is sometimes fixed menu and sometimes buffet
It was by far the worst coffee we had in Vietnam and the most inedible breakfast
The rooms smell and the ceiling and walls are full of mold.
there is a small heater supplied insufficient for the size of the room and an electric blanket with no controls
the bathroom window is sealded from outside with toilet paper. the bathing soap provided has an awful smell
the bed is rock hard
Dining room staff is unfriendly

Room Tip: if you got time, try to find another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and were pretty underwhelmed. Arriving off the overnight train we were ushered into a smokey reception area where our bags stayed until check in at 12 -making our bags and contents reek. The rooms were big but cold and the shower was a hand held head over a bath tub. The one good thing about this hotel was their dining room. It had a big heater and the breakfast was delicious. I would only recommend this place if you were going in summer.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends