“Skip it”

Dining options: Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“Skip it”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I ordered the Lamb vindaloo, but they were out of lamb so they offered chicken vindaloo. I was fine with that, so went for that. What they brought out was something more like a tikka masala. I'm sure they assumed I wouldn't know the difference. And it was really pretty bad. I've seen nothing but bad restaurants in Sapa, so I wasn't very surprised; but it would have been nice to get some decent Indian food. Also, they have 6 or 8 rice options on the menu (biryani, etc), but they were unable to make any of them due to...lack of rice (oh my). Plain white steamed rice was however available. The only thing on their menu that I could recommend would be the garlic naan. It tasted the way it's supposed to. The staff seems to be unaware that they are working in a restaurant, and seem rather perplexed by the whole process of ordering, getting food, paying for food. I could not recommend this restaurant to anyone, even if you are desperate for some Indian food as I was.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank GLX1138

“Really good cuzzer!”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Having read previous reports of this place, we were a little apprehensive however once you have curry on the brain, nothing else can satiate the hunger. We were the only ones in there and the menu is small but the food came fast and was excellent. Would highly recommend.

“Poor food”
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

I like Indian food! However, I was never in India but only in Indian restaurants in Europe and various countries in Asia. This restaurant was the worst I have even been, maybe same level as the one in Viene Vang. We ordered Lassi, rice, chicken masala, raita, some vegetarian eggplant dish and butter nan. The eggplant was good, all other we only tasted and leave it more or less untouched. I am just wondering about all the other good ratings here.

2 Thank Canaro
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Just Excellent !!!!!”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We ate there twice.
True that we should have waited for a long time for the food ~30 minutes, but it is because they prepare it on-spot. You can feel the freshness.
Indian chef.
The taste is authentic and excellent.
The service is a bit slow. they hardly understand English. You should talk to the chef who well talkes English.

We will surly come back if possible.

• Visited July 2012
nsw
“Never again!”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Food took over an hour to get to the table, They had a big wine menu ( none of which was avalible.) We asked if we could go out and buy a bottle of wine, there reply was you must pay 20% ( he couldnt tell us what the 20% was acctually of) We ordered 2 bloody marys and didnt recieve them, also about 1/4 of what we ordered we didnt recieve. The food that we did get was really tasty but by that stage we couldnt really care.

• Visited July 2012