“Garden Room View”

Ranked #37 of 67 Hotels in Sapa
New Zealand
“Garden Room View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I thought the hotel was very nice. After catching the overnight train from Hanoi and eventually finding the hotel (taxi driver got a bit lost - in translation as well) the staff were welcoming, offered a room for me to take a shower as my room wasn't ready, said breakfast is available at the restaurant if I wanted at my expense because I hadn't officially checked in which I thought was very decent of a hotel to offer that info.
The room was spacious, although the garden view was literally a view of the roadside shops garden which was overgrown with chickens running around. However, all was still pleasant. Could have the windows wide open and take in the fresh air.
Booked a tour through the hotel of Tā Van village, fantastic! I made sure I checked out before I went on the tour as I knew I would be back well after check out time. They stored my luggage and even gave me a room which was still waiting to be cleaned by house keeping so I could have a shower before I headed to the train. I also organised a private vehicle to take me back to the train station in Lao Cai through the hotel, which took me to a restaurant where someone was waiting to receive me and to organise my train tickets which I thought was a fantastic service.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel decoration is charming. I love the lobby with the natural picture behind the reception desk. Rooms are quite big, new and comfortable. Decoration in room is like resort style. Sunset restaurant on 9th floor offer a great view of Fanxipan mountain. Hotel also offer free early check in if room available and as well as late check out. Hotel also offer free shower before getting to the train.

Staff are nice and responsible. Generally very happy with this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with Muong Thanh valley view, high floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived after the night train and although we could not do the check in because it was too early, they let us have a shower in another room. Our room was big and clean, there were some treats (fruits) left for us. The breakfast on the roof top was very good.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Earlybirdies
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had an amazing time here. Seriously I could have just parked myself on my balcony for the entire trip. The staff were amazing and so very very helpful. Our rooms were beautiful and clean and very spacious. However - the view was the most amazing. Yes - we could hear the construction from next door - but that had little imapct. Breakfast was delightful. Would really really recommend staying here. We loved it!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

the small hill station of SAPA has many hotels and this seems to be one of the very good place to stay. All rooms are mountain view and looks great from balcony but only disappointment is balcony is too small! any way in limited space of hill station this is ok. Staff is friendly and courteous with smiles on the face with good English which is relief in this country when you don't know their language! Services offered are good and if you are not too choosy with food its ok to have breakfast! rest the hotel has swimming pool but very small, location of the hotel is very good where in you can find departmental store, market and restaurants in near vicinity.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Pitt Meadows, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We arrived early in the morning after taking the overnight train from Hanoi, and although our room was not ready (not that we expected it to be), the receptionist did offer us the use of the shower facilities in the spa area. We welcomed this and were extremely grateful to clean up before heading off to tour the area. We only stayed one night, and the room was arranged with a tour company as part of a package so I cannot really comment as to value. However, our room was clean, spacious and offered us a quiet night's sleep, so we were quite happy. The bathroom was basic, but again it was spacious - and it was equipped with all amenities we required, including plenty of hot water. That evening, just as we were about to head off to explore the restaurants for dinner, we heard the patter of rain, which quickly turned into a major downpour complete with thunder and lightening. This being the case we decided to eat dinner in the hotel restaurant. The meal was good as was the service. The following morning's breakfast buffet was plentiful and we had no complaints. There was a bit of a language barrier - our fault, not theirs! All in all, we were pleased with the hotel and would stay there again if we returned to Sapa.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Selected by our travel agent, this place ticked all the necessary boxes without being amazing. But then sometimes a hotel that does all the necessaries right is all you need. However there were two elements that did really stand out :-
#1 the service from the wonderful smiling faces and helpful, attentive manner of all of the staff.
#2 the views are amazing, though friends indicated that we were very lucky with the weather that revealed the views at their best.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family