“Thank you Mr Tony!”
Review of Elysian Sapa Hotel

Elysian Sapa Hotel
Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Sapa
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Nice hotel with friendly staff. What made my stay there memorable was the kindness and help extended to me by the owner, Mr Tony.
I was there in August and met with an accident while exploring around with rented bike. Mr Tony went extra mile to send me to local hospital, bought medicine and made arrangement so that I could catch the train back to Hanoi for further treatment.
Mr Tony, I appreciate your help in time of need. I believe that you have set a very good example for the staff to follow after. God bless you and your business!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Hotel is perfectly located and staff is really friendly and helpful. Yes the rooms are not 5 star, but the quality of service you are given makes up for it. I would highly recommend this little hotel for a easy and comfortable stay in sapa.

Cathreeya from Thailand

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

This is my first time,feeling that it a must for me to write review to recommend this hotel..i went vietnam with my family during november time, as this is our first family trip,i wanted my family to really enjoy themselve and to my suprise,the hotel manager Tony and his assistant has treat my family like their family. super impressive service by them.they offer us a family to take shower and rest for foc when we reached sapa abt 6am.My dad is a fish lover,knowing tay they have specially gone to market to buy us fish for our dinner.The room on the other hand,was clean n big.They have also install bed warmer due to the cold weather. to our suprise,when we leave sapa,they send us all the way yo the train station,it show how much they care for their customer.thumbs up to the service!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I am pleased to see this hotel has been knocked down to number 3 .. It was number 1 when I stayed here in September 2013 for 2 nights. In terms of location its great, our room was in the middle of the hotel so we didn't suffer with any noise like other reveiwers say they did. We arrived from the train station early (free pick up - great!) and the room wasn't quite ready, so we had some breakfast (at a cost - not great, cold & undercooked pancake - I must confess I didn't complain so didn't give them a chance to rectify)
Our room was ready a little earlier than anticipated which we were pleased about after a 9 hr train journey from Hanoi. We were overjoyed until we entered a damp, musty room. I ignored it at first until I sat on the bed and the bed clothes were damp, I then noticed a huge damp patch in the corner of the ceiling. The smell wasn't great either. We tried to communicate with Tony, who thought we meant we had a leak, eventually he realised what we meant, and immediatley changed us to a new room, which really wasn't much better albeit a little less damp, but it absolutley reaked of strong cleaning products, which was pretty unpleasant.
There was no external window in either of our rooms, so if you require this maybes request it on booking (we weren't advised of this, or given an option like we had in other hotels in Vietnam)
We also never had hot water while we were here, a must in the colder months of sapa.
Tony's english isn't great, we found it difficult to communicate and we both found him a little ignorant. The young girl that worke there (sorry I dont know her name) is lovely.
We very rarely complain about things, and whilst this didn't ruin our holiday, I was really dissapointed with it as a whole and wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a mountain view external window
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rspsb
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Have just spent three nights here at the Elysian. It is a clean, comfortable and well located little hotel with good prices and exceptional service. Tony is great and arranged our transfer to and from Lo Cai as well as organizing motorbikes for us one day. After our first night we went out to stay in one of the local villages for a few days and Tony kept our luggage at the hotel and greeted us like family on our return. Limited breakfast menu but the food was very good. While our rooms were a little humid as the last reviewer noted, I did not find it noisy at all even though its right on Cau May street - one of the busiest little streets in Sapa. We were on the third floor and towards the back of the hotel so that may have helped. For the price this was well worth it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The staff is really friendly and helpful, they help getting from/to Lao Cai with a shuttle, they offer the tea all the time.
The breakfast is fair, with 4 menus.
The rooms are quite big, the bathroom big as well, and everything was clean.
Unfortunately the hotel is not well located, right in Cau May street, which is a steep road so motorbikes are really noisy. Also, this wasn't the wet season but the room was extremely humid. I think these two point can be improved by using thicker windows.
But for the price this hotel is really good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here for three nights with my wife and teenage children. We arrived like everyone on the night train from Hanoi. Tony arranged for us to be picked up from Lao Cai by a shuttle. When we arrived at the hotel our room were fotunately available so we checked in and had a couple of hours sleep (the train is not conducive to sleep).

This guesthouse is very well located on the main tourist street. It has brilliant views of the mountains and Fansipan from their balcony on the second floor. The rooms are simple but clean and have everything you need. There is no air conditioning but with the cool mountain nights it is not required. The rooms are very spacious with great bathrooms.

Tony arranged for an one day trek visiting the local villages which was excellent. The staff are friendly and courteous.

Overall it was one of the better hotels that we stayed in during our holiday in Vietnam.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have great balcony views to relax with a coffee and a place to hang out washing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family