Sapa Lodge Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmountain viewsister hotelhot watergreat viewricehotel is locatedconstruction noiseovernight train from hanoicomfortable roomafter checking outtrain stationgreat roomstayed for one nightfamily roomhotel stafftown centreno elevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We were in Sapa Lodge the two days after the big holidays of reunification and intl labour day. Rates triple in many hotels, so we expected to pay more than normal. We walked in at the hotel, were charged 50 USD for a standard room (no view and very dark, moist and a bit smelly, 2 cockroaches at night, TV on the side of the bed). Then checked on Agoda and they had a deluxe room with very nice view and more comfort for sale for 50 USD. I talked to the manager about it and we got a better room for the second night, again on Agoda the same would be 30 USD. Also when I told him we could go to another place for the 2nd night he said that all the rooms available on Agoda would in fact not be available, but that the hotels just don't know how to manage their availability online.
The staff was very friendly, breakfast okay, the tables at breakfast could have been cleaner. The second room is a lot nicer, but the fridge is making a lot of noise.
The hotel is okay, but they just try to make as much money as somehow possible.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Bed is a firm foam mattress firm and comfortable. Room and bath are clean. Breakfast Buffett was ok. We were allowed to check in early off the train and check out late for a fee.

There are other hotels along this road which are cheaper and have the same view.

I felt like herded cattle in the included travel from Loa Cai as there were 16 adults and two infants in the 15 person van from Loa Cai which also serves there other hotels. I would consider private travel or perhaps part of a guided tour as there are other villages en route to Sapa.

If I go back to Sapa, I would try a home stay in a village as that was my ultimate destination anyway. Plus, my money would go to the village instead of other people capitalizing on the location.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here two nights with my husband. We loved this hotel. The view from our room was amazing. The staff were excellent in being helpful with any matters of concern, but the bed we slept in was the hardest mattress we ever slept on which didn't help us trying to get to sleep.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is amazing. I'm sure there might be other more luxurious hotels in Sa Pa, but the service that you get at this place is just exceptional. The hotel receptionists Flowers and Tho allowed us to use a room to shower before we went on the train back to Hanoi and go out of their way to assist you with anything. Our room had a mountain view that was really nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room as they are the same rates as the other.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here whilst in Sapa. The room was clean and had a great view. The breakfast was good and the staff were very helpful. They even let us borrow a room to shower after checking out and going on a trek.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple