“Good business hotel”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Pulheim
Odiham, United Kingdom
“Good business hotel”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here with business on the recommendation of a colleague...And will be back. German efficiency at its best from the reception team to the bar to the breakfast restaurant staff. I was well impressed at all of this for such a great price. Admittedly the rooms are on the simple / functional side - good for working and sleeping. The bar area is a real nice atmosphere and there is an option to use the patio on warmer days.

Room Tip: Ask for a room t the back of the hotel, late night smokers out the front can be noisy
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 November 2013

As this is the Hotel my company chooses to have colleagues stay during our visits to Cologne, I wanted to write a review to comment on the staff at Ascari Hotel. They were always welcoming and friendly. Being from America and only speaking English they were very patient and willing to help. I travel often and have stayed at many different hotels. I have not felt as welcomed as I was at Ascari Hotel. Many of the staff members were always friendly and joyful. I would like to point out a few that made my stay at Ascari Hotel very comfortable. Andrea was our server many times and made our dining experiences some of the best I have had. Andrea was friendly, always helpful and very responsive. Andrea always had a smile which made it a pleasure to dine in the hotel. Andrea is a true asset to Ascari Hotel. Mickey, it was always a pleasure to see Mickey in the morning. Mickey was always helpful and always a great server. Mickey started our day off right every morning. I cannot say enough about how just these two staff members made my colleagues and my stay one of the best I have had at a hotel. Another staff member I wanted to mention is Philip at the bar. Philip was at first a quiet person. Once Philip became comfortable with us he was a good bartender. Overall I enjoyed my stay at Ascari Hotel and would recommend to my colleagues during their travels to Cologne. I thank Andrea, Mickey and Philip for their hospitality during my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Leipzig
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Booking: Via HRS

Checkin: Smooth, all fine

Location: Outside of Cologone in Pulheim. Easy get there from Cologne/Deutz or main station by comuter train (S-Bahn) in 20 mins. The station is very close to the hotel, 5 mins to walk.

Room: Standard hotel room, nothing special. Quiet. I had a room to the garden side.

Dinner: Nice restaurant, food was very good, beer and wine selection is standard. Overall good quality.

Breakfast: Standard breakfast, all ok.

Overall: Very good value. We stayed for 90€ per night during exhibtion peak time, which is unbelievable good. The connection to the exhibition in Cologne by S-Bahn works perfect.
Nice team, spec. during dinner time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel is excellent if you're visiting cologne for a few days, just a short hop on the VRS transport network and you're in the centre of the city. The hotel is also situated within walking distance of Pulheim station, very convenient! The room was lovely, of a standard that you'd expect for the price. The bed was comfy and there was ample baggage storage. I found the en-suite a little small, but it for-filled its purpose & the shower was excellent. The staff were very friendly, they appreciated my terrible attempt at German and responded in very fluent English. Breakfast was the traditional continental affair, with fresh coffee etc...

The only criticism of this hotel that I have is that there are no safes in the room, which you would normally expect from a hotel of this kind, however this is not a huge problem

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Kent
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Having stayed in this hotel as a matter of choice when visiting Pulheim on business, I arrived last Sunday to find refurbishment work in progress.

The reception has now moved to where the front of the bar/restaurant was and the remaining area of the bar/restaurant is also being revamped.

Despite the ongoing work, service is still good and friendly.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KentEnglander
kristianstad sweden
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I use to stay at Ascari when I pass to France twice a year.
Extremly nice people work in this small hotel.
I like the rooms. Warmly I recommend the dinner and breakfast.
Ascari is situated not far from the motorway, but when you come to the hotel it´s in quiet
surroundings and you meet the everyday German people in the shops. A silent hotel.
Good parking outside free of charge or private at the hotel.
Swedish couple

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Kent
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I stayed in the hotel for three nights during a buisness trip to Pulheim.

Bedroom: Clean, functional and comfortable
Bathroom: Clean, smart and well maintained.
Wi-Fi access: Yes
Restaurant: Nice food efficiently served with nice size bar
Staff Service: Helpfull, very pleasant and efficient

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pulheim
Hotel Mathildenhof
Abtei Park Hotel
#5 of 7 in Pulheim
Mülheim
Best Western Premier Hotel Park Consul Koeln

Been to Ascari Parkhotel? Share your experiences!