All reviewsbeautiful hotelold townskylight windowsecure parkingquiet roomromantic locationlarge bedclock towerfour star hotelbackground musican excellent restaurantbig portionshigh ceilingscomfortable roomswonderful roomnice staffloved this hotel
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A very lovely hotel, beautifully and tastefully decorated, located right in the city center, which is convenient to visit the fortification. the prices are very reasonable. The staff is very friendly.
I highly recommend it! Also the restaurant is very good as welll.

1  Thank Xen C
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have given this hotel a five star rating as the hotel side is very good indeed. our room on the first (second) floor was very comfortable and the bathroom quite large. The shower was excellent. There was also plenty of hanging and storage space. Reception was very friendly and excellent English was spoken. We were very impressed from the start when the manager offered in an email to call us in Australia to verify my credit card details.

The location is very good - in the lower town but very close to the entrance to the old upper town. I would certainly recommend this hotel highly as a place to stay in Sighisoara.

However we were not impressed with the restaurant especially with the breakfast arrangements.
We ate dinner on the first night and while the food was good, albeit a little rich, the service was rather slow and the staff seemed more interested in serving the large tour group on the lower floor.

The breakfast was a buffet and reasonably adequate. If you wanted a Dutch breakfast of cheese and ham it was oK and the yoghurt was nice. The cooked offerings limited to fired/ scrambled eggs, sausages dry and shrivelled bacon. But the toaster did not work at all on the first day. When it was "fixed" I was still left to make my own toast and even then, and on all subsequent days it refused to do more than heat the bread, which remained stubbornly white. The croissants were cold and chewy. The staff took little interest in what was happening at the buffet. ( They certainly did nothing to check the toaster) and on the third day the coffee and tea were almost cold. No one seemed to be checking anything. Certainly it is not worth paying extra to try and get a decent cafe latte. When this arrived it was mostly froth. For a hotel of this undoubted quality, the breakfast , is in our view, a big let down.

Room Tip: We were very happy with our room with was only one floor up and which faced towards the back of the hotel. It was very quiet.
1  Thank MreMargaretRiver
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Last week me and my husband took a 2 days week-break in Sighisoara. Initially I wanted to stay up in the fortress at one of the pensions but because I read a lot of good reviews about this hotel we stopped there first to see if it was so and..... WOW! From the entrance we were conquered by the elegance and good taste, by the mix of old and luxury, by the details....At the reception very welcoming personnel ....so it was a mutual YES, we stay here, between me and my husband! The room was spotless; we had the purple room with a balcony! The breakfast was delicious and the restaurant very pleasant. We already planning to go back there. Its the best choice of staying in Sighisoara. Thank you very much!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a modern, comfortable hotel just outside the city walls of this wonderful old town. Our room was large and well-furnished but was perhaps a little dark as it had just one eaves window and low ceiling.

The hotel is a short taxi ride from the station but just an easy walk to all the main sites. We had dinner in the restaurant, which was good but were a bit 'phased' by the huge Romanian breakfast and feel they could offer something more modest for Western European/US guests.

But overall, highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great in every way and excellent value for money. Tiny moan was jazzy too loud music at breakfast but everything else was perfect. The rooms and the hotel generally is luxurious . Free secure parking at rear of hotel. Breakfast is ample and tasty.. Restaurant is well worth using.

Room Tip: Don't book a room in the front on road, could be noisy but most rooms are not on roadside and anyway double glazing is very good