All reviews beautiful hotel old town skylight window secure parking quiet room romantic location large bed clock tower four star hotel background music an excellent restaurant big portions high ceilings comfortable rooms wonderful room nice staff loved this hotel
Reviewed 30 June 2014

An excellent choise for Sighisoara, Central Park Hotel is located at walking distance from the Old Citadel.
Both accomodation and food were almost perfect at very decent prices. Everything is clean and every detail counts.
I recommend the restaurant terrace for dinning and the backyard for free parcking.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were in this hotel in June 2014. It was a fantastic place to spend a few days. Furnishings were very modern and staff was very friendly. It was very close to the old town. The owners are Canadian and the hotel has an old country appeal as well as a modern touch. Beds were most comfortable. Parking was free in back of the hotel.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were given a elegant large well appointed room with a large balcony overlooking the courtyard area below. Sadly we were only able to enjoy the delights of Central Park for one night but would love the opportunity to return. The hotel is in a fabulous position with views across to the wonderful old town of Sighisoara. Private secure free parking is located to the rear of the hotel. The rooms really are a delight to return to and are very well equipped. Our travel companion also had a lovely room but not as large as ours and minus the balcony. Both our rooms were to the side and rear of the hotel, the views from the rooms at the front must have been really fabulous. Breakfast was very good our only complaint if any would be the piped disco music - not really great idea for breakfast and in a hotel as lovely as this. The reception staff were very friendly and spoke excellent English. Hotel was extremely good value for money and we would not hesitate to recommend if you plan to stay in Sighisoara which is a sight to behold.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for one night suring a group trip. The rooms are nice though some of the rooms have impractical bathrooms with not enough room for your legs while on the toilet. Our room had a big bathroom though.

The bed linens were really nice and the view from the rooms facing the street is really good.

The breakfast buffet was quite good and there's free wifi.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randriksen
Reviewed 10 June 2014

LOVED this hotel! It’s very central, near lots of restaurants (the best restaurant in town is also the hotel's restaurant so extremely convenient), cafes, banks/ATMs, and supermarkets and located just a couple of minutes from the entrance to the citadel/clock tower. Just a note that it’s not inside the citadel itself. There are many adorable looking pensions/B&Bs inside but I've never stayed in one so cannot speak to them. Personally, I felt it was more convenient to stay outside the citadel since the site itself is quite small so am glad I chose Hotel Central Park.

The owners took a gorgeous old 19th century building and transformed it into a beautiful hotel that has modern facilities while still highlighting the original architecture. Each room is different as it takes into account the original wooden beams and layout of the building. I reserved a basic double room and was given a spacious room on the top floor. The room and the bathroom were very clean. The shower was warm with good water pressure (no tub). There is a stocked mini bar and the bed was very comfortable, the best I experienced in Romania. The included breakfast had a great selection and was also the best I had in Romania (three types of eggs, sausages, meats, vegetables, lots of cheeses, yogurt, cereals, bread, traditional Romanian dips/spreads, etc). On my last day, I had to leave very early in the morning so they packed a breakfast I could take away with me, even taking into account my dietary restrictions!

Both of the receptionists and the gentleman who I think was the owner/manager were all very kind, helping me to book a car to Malancrav/Biertan and a bus ticket back to Bucharest. I was originally going to take the train but they advised me that it’s often late and that I was better off taking the bus. Plus, the bus is cheaper. Good thing I asked! They also helped arrange an early morning taxi for me to get to the bus station. I couldn't have asked for better service or a better room and will definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Sighisoara.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo