All reviewsbeautiful hotelold townskylight windowsecure parkingquiet roomromantic locationlarge bedclock towerfour star hotelbackground musican excellent restaurantbig portionshigh ceilingscomfortable roomswonderful roomnice staffloved this hotel
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My friends and I stayed for 2 nights at Hotel Central Park, and we totally loved it. Location is just great, 3-5 minutes away from the Citadel when crossing the street, or 30 min away, when going for a nice, longer walk.
The staff was very cheerful and helpful, and the rooms are big and comfortable, very clean, with a nice bath. I stayed in room 29, and totally loved the skylight window.
The food in the restaurant was excellent, I'd eat there every day. (The background music was a bit loud for me, but at least it was nice).
All in all, it's an absolutely wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had two days here while exploring Transylvania. We were greeted by cheerful and helpful staff who spoke excellent English. The room was large and spacious with a bath to measure. The food in threstaurant was good and excellently presented with a comprehensive wine list, and with pleasant background music. Car parking was easy and secure.
We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014

It is clear that efforts were made that the hotel to look impressive, of 4 stars: they have carpet on the floor, white or black upholstered furniture, wallpaper on the walls, curtains in the windows, even canopy in some rooms.

But when you sit in it, the fourth star begins to flicker. We stayed in room 209, under the roof with skylight window, presented as overlooking the city, but we saw only sky.

Room and bathroom were generally clean. But in the corner of the ceiling to the walls, on the left of the locker money, was a spider web with trapped flies on it.

At breakfast some products quickly ended as scrambled eggs, coffee, sugar and I always had to ask for more.

At the restaurant, which looks nice, I had to seek the attention of the waiters, who seem to averting the eyes of customers, raising the hand to catch their attention.

And the the cherry on top was the bill 3 times bigger than we consumed, perhaps brought from another client. Clearly they have to improve the human factor (services). (I informed also the hotel management about all these.)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Daniel D
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I just loved this hotel, from the very start, walking in to reception to hear a Romanian speaking Spanish past the striking red dining room, out into the lovely court yard; I knew it was going to be comfortable.

No lift up to our room, which was a bit tiring, but once there an extremely impressive room awaits – huge comfortable bed with instant air conditioning, good spacious layout very tastefully decorated, ultra-modern bathroom with good quality products and a wonderful colonial style balcony which overlooks the outside buzzy eatery and surrounding hillsides.

Location is excellent, just cross over the road at the front of the property and two minutes you’re in the old town, with Vlad’s birth place, old medieval buildings, shops, bars and restaurants – we took a wonderful pre-dinner walk around and headed back to the hotel for supper.

My scallops were probably the best I have ever tasted, with garlic butter and lemon – simply delicious, my partner had a pasta dish which is said was good, not outstanding like mine but very acceptable. Desert on the other hand was a disappointment, however the way the hotel dealt with my dislike was excellent – there was nothing wrong with the chocolate passion cake, it’s just that I really didn't like it, it had too much of an almond taste and it felt ‘shop bought’ as opposed to my main course which tasted so fresh and flavoured – BUT, when I told the waiter, he took it away without any argument and struck it from the bill without hesitation, which for me is good service and worth noting. My partner’s desert of profiteroles was also a little disappointing as they too didn't appear fresh – but he was happy to eat them as they were smothered in good ice-cream.

Check in and check out were seamless and reception staff highly efficient and friendly. Breakfast staff not so, it wouldn't have harmed them to smile occasionally especially on arrival – however the breakfast was good, very varied and plentiful, served in the lovely red restaurant area, although I did see a few people take their plates and coffees into the open area which appeared to be allowed.

The Shower was excellent, very powerful and it was nice to see that there was a bath also, although we didn't use it, only staying for one night. Parking was a little tricky but secure.

All in all, an excellent place to stay in this wonderful location, I only wish that we had planned to stay longer

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We've booked 2 rooms for our family and both rooms were nicely decorated, very clean but one of them had ceiling windows and of course we didn't close the windows when we left for a day trip (35 degrees outside). During the day a storm started and it rained in the room, on the bed and everywhere. We've been at the reception where the staff changed our room right away, without asking many questions (I felt quite bad for asking another room but everyone was very kind and helpful).
Very good breakfast, good choice. Definitely recommended.

Stayed: August 2014