“Great food, huge portions, friendly service”
Review of Suzie's Cafe

Suzie's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Sterling
Soldotna, Alaska
“Great food, huge portions, friendly service”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

They have awesome food and the portions are huge. Waitresses were very friendly and quick to get our orders out. They have homemade pie that reminds me of my grandma's. So good! My only complaint is that there are not a lot of tables, so we ended up eating at the bar, which was fine. I would definitely recommend to visitors and locals!

• Visited July 2014

Austin, Texas
“Good food and nice folks”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Good meal in Sterling, the staff were friendly and helpful. We had fish and chips, hamburgers and salads. All were fresh and the beer was cold.

Visited June 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Based on trip advisory reviews (and limited choices) we ate lunch at Suzie's. It was outstanding! We had hamburgers and fresh blueberry pie right out of the oven.

Minneapolis
“Great lunch stop”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Friends and I all enjoyed our lunches at this convenient stop. The food was excellent and the portions were enormous. The rhubarb pie for dessert tasted homemade with a flaky crust. The staff were very friendly and attentive. We also enjoyed the atmosphere and appreciated the cleanliness of the facilities.

In short, a great place to stop for lunch.

• Visited May 2014
Orange County, CA
“Good Food Overshadowed!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Having dined at Suzie's Kenai several times in the past few years, I didn't hesitate to go there again on August 17, 2013 with my wife and two grandkids. We had been fishing all morning and everyone was hungry. The food was very good. We had hamburgers, fish and chips and drinks. French fries were with all. The food measured up to past dining experiences. What totally failed at Suzie's was the service.

Things started out fine with a young waitress who took our orders and served our food. I had no reason to be concerned. Then, suddenly, that waitress left as if reaching the end of her shift. This is normally not a problem as another waitress would finish up the service in her absence. At Suzie's on that day and time, this was not to be the case.

The children were thirsty and finished up their drinks and hoped for more root beer. I tried for 15 minutes to catch the eye of one of the three waitresses there who stood in a small group and chatted the whole time. Finally, in frustration, I raised my hand and a brunette unhappily broke away from the others. She got the drinks and returned to her chit chat. We finished our meals and sat a spell thinking that one of the girls would notice and finish up the service and bring our check. NO SUCH LUCK. I tried in vain to catch the eye of any of those three gals for 20 minutes. Finally, again in frustration I raised my hand with a gentle wave. The same brunette yelled across the room at me with a big "What?". I didn't know how to respond with anything but a look. I told my wife and the kids to get up and leave. I sat there and sat there until finally another one of the chatty trio came over to the table to ask if we were done.

Eventually, I paid the check and even left a comfortable tip against my better judgement. But I have to say that if there is a Suzy who owns or operates that cafe, she would have been very disappointed in the rudeness that was shown to my family by her wait staff. I am not sure I will ever go there again.

• Visited August 2013