“Prepare to relax”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Cirali
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Prepare to relax”
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We enjoyed a lovely week at the Canada Hotel in Cirali in October 2009. The hotel is welcoming and Saban is a fantastic host (Carrie was in Antalya for most of our stay but was great when we did meet). Cirali is a special place and if you are after a long, quiet beach, beautiful scenery, historic sites and peace and quite you will love it. We ate great food at the Canada every night, the mezze are highly recommended. The only downer for us was we both felt a little under the weather but the atmosphere at the Canada helped push this to the back of our mind. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Penfoldio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2009

My boyfriend and I visited rural Turkey for the first time, spending ten days at the Hotel Canada. We wanted a holiday offering rest & relaxation and were very happy with what we found in Cirali. We chose this location as we wanted somewhere quiet and unspoilt, off the mainstream tourist track and we were not disappointed.

Cirali is small and peaceful with lots of really good restaurants, particularly those along the beach. The beach itself is stunning, and if you go to the Olympus end the snorkelling is great. As some other reviewers have pointed out, the only downside is the litter left by irresponsible tourists happy to enjoy the beauty of Cirali yet ruin it for others.

The Hotel Canada is about 15 minutes stroll from the beach. The hotel has a number of bikes for hotel guests to borrow (check the brakes work and seat isn’t too painful before you go) and we had great fun exploring the village on these.

The rooms at Hotel Canada are comfortable and adequately furnished with plenty of storage space. Rooms are cleaned, and bedding and towels changed, on alternate days. Carrie told us that some rooms have mini fridges, which is a useful extra. Our room was on the road side of the hotel and was a bit noisy due to passing traffic. I took earplugs, so it wasn’t a problem.

The food at the Hotel is excellent. Every day Saban prepares something different with soup, a variety of salads and dips, kebab or grilled meat/fish and a dessert. This is very good value at 10 Euros each.

Carrie and Saban are very welcoming hosts and really do their best to please their guests. If you need anything, just ask and they will try to arrange whatever you need.

There are loads of trips available from the hotel. We spoke to Carrie at the start of our holiday and gave her a list of the trips we hoped to do and she went out of her way to organize as many as she could for us. We really enjoyed the boat trip, the amazing ruins at Phaselis, and the evening trip to the Chimera (a torch is a MUST as the walk there is in the pitch dark). Goynuk Canyon was an amazing experience, really exhilarating. If possible, try to do this at the beginning of your holiday as it is a great way to get to know your fellow hotel guests.

What we liked most about the Hotel Canada was the warm welcome, Carrie and Saban’s willingness to help and relaxed attitude. We will definitely recommend the hotel and Cirali to our friends and hope to go back ourselves.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Poots-UK
Essex
Reviewed 11 October 2009

My husband and I chose the Canada Hotel after reading outstasnding reviews on Trip Advisor, we were not disappointed. Yes the rooms are basic but very clean with towels and bed linen being changed every other day. If you are looking for 5 star luxury don't go to the Canada Hotel but if you want a very warm welcome, excellent service and a feeling of belonging well this is the place to go.
We did feel that just two things needed tweaking. Evening meals, although very good need to be a little more varied, say some traditional turkish casseroles and cushions on the chairs in the evening, that is all I can suggest.
Whilst I was at the Canada Hotel I had a frantic message from my daughter who was on holiday in Marmaris. I spoke to Carrie who telephoned the hotel in Marmaris and enabled me to make contact with my daughter. My husband and I were very appreciative of Carrie's help and her husband Shaban.
The hotel is approximately a 10 minute walk from the beach which we did not find a problem as the setting is so beautiful it was a pleasure to walk.
The staff were extremely friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
We will definitely go back to the Canada Hotel and would not hesitate to recommend the hotel for a totally relaxing holiday.
Carry on with what you are doing Carrie and Saban you are fantastic hosts.

Doreen and Michael West

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank temple9
UK
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I do agree with some of the most recent posts that Canada Hotel has become a victim of "Tripadvisor Hype" which is such a shame.

I can understand that many people might have different opinions regarding hotels as well as any services. This is why I am adding our comments and taking the time to write a review.

The room was clean and we did have a fridge.
Our beds were very firm which we would have mentioned if we stayed any longer.

Our room was one that overlooked the dining area - we were glad, since, we did not want to overlook the road. I guess over looking this area is fine if you are planning to stay up but we were looking for some real rest and I'm afraid we were disturbed 2 nights out of 5 until well gone midnight. The problem was that some of the tables are fairly close so voices don't need to be raised much.

Although the food was tasty (breakfast buffet was great) the evening meal was a set meal and therefore you have no choices, although, you are told what the main is before booking.

The staff are lovely and when we had an issue with a leaky shower (the floor was covered with water) we were provided with plenty of towels to dry it off within seconds.

We did organize our own trips since after asking twice about a trip to the Chimera (but nothing was planned) we decided to book ourselves on our 4th day of 5. We understand that the hotel was extremely busy - but we were made to feel like little children that had done something naughty by the hotel's response to this. We know that we would have saved some money if we had booked through you (I think it worked out as £2 each) but it was the reason we were initially attracted to the area and we didn't want to miss it. We didn't appreciate being told that “we should have asked you first” (when we had in fact asked twice before making the booking independently)...

It was a shame because all in all we had a great stay and the service and energy of the team was appreciated. I would recommend the hotel since the price is good value.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pekoe
canmom, Owner at Canada Hotel Cirali Olympos, responded to this review, 8 October 2009
Dear valued guest and trip advisor member,

Firstly I would like to thank you for the postive comments regarding our hotel as we do try our very best to please and satisfy all our guest to ensure a restful and memorable stay...or if there is anything we can do to make your stay with us more pleasurable, please do not hesitate to ask us and we shall do our very best to try and satisfy your request.

I dont believe that our hotel is over hyped on Trip advisor as we do work hard each year to make each and every guest's stay with us a pleasant one. Just reflecting the views of the many guests we have had over the past 15 years.

Regarding the room. As I have mentioned before in a previous mangament response there are only 2 rooms that directly face the dining area. Rooms 111 and 112 and the room in question here is room 112. The beds are New and of Orthopedic quailty..some people want firm beds others want soft.

As to the noise you could have mentioned it to me during your stay and I could have tried to one of two things. Either change your room or ask the guests to be a bit more quieter in the evening. And really most guests do retire early for the evening at either around 11pm or 12am but occassionaly might sit outside by poolside enjoying each others company.

In regards to the comments about the Chimaera trip. If I remember the passing conversation correctly. I had approached during breakfast or sometime in the day asking if you wanted to visit the Chimaera that night and you had said you had already been.

I am sorry that you felt that you were treated inappropriate because that certainly was not my intent..all I wanted to point out as you could have asked me and I would have tried to accommodate and organized a trip. ( which we had planned the last night of your stay with us ) I certainly did not think my mannerisms were inappropriate. If I was I am truely sorry.

The private trip to the Chimeara provided by another company in Cirali cost 15 liras each whereas our bus cost 5 liras each. We do try to plan for a trip to the Chimaera every 2 days or so depending on the amount of guests that wish to participate. But if there are no participants we cannot do a trip. Some of the guests have their own cars and go on their own accord.

I am sorry I do not remember any prior requests from you for a trip to the chimaera however it might have been that I was in the process of trying to organize more particpants. And going over the emails before your arrival there is no mention other than myself for a possible trip to the Chimaera. I quote " and do not forget to bring a flashlight for visiting the chimaera..a possible trip to visit the flames on the mountain side of the Chimaera..( yanartas ). "

In regards to the option fixed evening menu. Many guests have commented to me that they have enjoyed the variety that the menu provides as they might not have tried some traditional turkish dishes on their own.

I would like to stress to the readers of this review that if the guests have a problem with our hotel it is much easier to fix the problem when they are here. We unfortunately had no prior information or complaints about the problems mentioned in the review but as hoteliers we would like to provide 100% satisfaction to all our guests.

Out of 152 reviews we have received 125 Excellent reviews, 21 Very good and with only 6 average reviews. I do believe that the majority of our guests are satisfied and happy with their stay.
Dublin_Ireland
Reviewed 7 October 2009

We spent almost a week at Hotel Canada and loved every minute of it. The rooms were comfortable and clean; the food was all freshly homemade and very healthy, and plenty of it! Our hosts were fantastic, very friendly and helpful. I managed to catch a very bad cold and they picked lemons from their own tree and gave me honey so I could make some hot drinks to help with the recovery! We will certainly go back there again. Thanks so much Saban and Carrie! x

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma_Mu
Surrey
Reviewed 5 October 2009

For our fifth holiday to Turkey, we were recommended to try the Canada Hotel by a friend. As avid readers of Trip Advisor we read all the reviews and can honestly say it lived up to its truly well deserved reputation.

Service provide by Saban, Carrie and their family staff was second to none. We were particularly impressed by the way we were greeted at the Hotel on our arrival at 10:30 pm and were immediately offered a light meal consisting of the first 2 courses of their delicious standard 4 course evening meal which costs 10 Euros per head!

As reported before, the room was slightly smaller than we would have expected but it met all the basic requirements and the linen and towels were changed every 2 days. Try and book a second floor room facing the garden. The room had an empty fridge but we could have done with an electric kettle to make tea or coffee.

We loved the pool, poolside restaurant (with adjacent power points for free use of the wireless internet), the hammocks in the garden and having ‘mothers’ chicken’s wandering about only added to the charm and family atmosphere of the hotel.

We stayed 10 days in September and besides lazing around the pool and visits to the beach, (not a problem walking, cycling or using Saban’s shuttle bus to cover about 750m. minimum), we visited Olympus, Phaselis, Chimaera and spent a day gulet crusing providing the prefect balance to the holiday.

So for a quiet, relaxing, attractively priced stay in an unspoilt part of Turkey then you could not beat a stay at the Canada Hotel in Cirali. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank crinklivacs
UK
Reviewed 1 October 2009

We had a lovely holiday in the Canada Hotel. Overall very good value. Carrie and Saban and their staff are extremely helpful at planning your activities if you wish. Saban will organise walks if you wish especially in the spring and autumn. We enjoyed diving, canoeing as well as visits to the Chimera, Olympus, Phasalis. If you are interested in ruins you could not be better placed than Cirali as there are plenty within a day's journey if you hire a car or taxi. Plenty of chances to chill out by the pool and chat to other guests or go down to the beach cafes. Kumluga market is well worth the visit but ask for a small map. As you will barely have time to grab a snack get a donner kebab at the clothes market. The patisserie has lovely cakes. Antalya museum and the old town are also worth a visit especially if its raining. The hotel is kept spotlessly clean and the garden and pool are lovely. Ask for a room overlooking the garden and pool.. Cirali itself, since it is in a national park and a sea park, is very quiet, ie no jetskis, no nightclubs but lots of little restaurants with excellent food. We tried to try them all!

• Stayed September 2009