We are a special type of traveler: we had 2 small sons with us (19 months and 7 months). We spent a month in Villa Monte, Cirali, Turkey. My spouse and I, we travel a lot (you can see http://www.flickr.com/photos/usovo/ ), have been to some quality resorts worldwide, and we agreed with each other, that out of many points on the Globe, this one might deserve a second visit!
First thing to know is that Cirali is a quiet and authentic small Turkish village - it defines the scale of the infrastructure in this area: no discotheques, but several nice open-air restaurants along the beach. However, there are several rent-a-cars, medical offices, small department shops (trading in almost anything you will need!). Plus, the village is astonishingly located inside the national park!
The hotel is small and very quiet, accommodating less than 20 people, which makes it easy to contact anybody, if you want, or to keep "family solitude" if you feel like doing so.
The owners/top-management of the facility are the family (Sinan and Esin), both Turk, both speaking good English.
Points of our total satisfaction:
- we were able to discuss the whole vacation by e-mail before coming and the owners fulfilled every given promise
- hospitality and general attitude was so positive from the hotel staff, that we felt like visiting relatives
- food was high quality, authentic to Mediterranean cuisine and absolutely "organic", served in cozy rustic style
- small hotel house stands inside the large lemon-tree garden and has it's own secluded yard, planted with flowers, citrus and banana-tree, which was safe and comfortable for the kids
- overall area - mountain-sea natural reserve (national park) with astonishing hiking facilities, turtle nests in the beach, ancient city of Olympos (one mile walk), eternal flames of the "fire mountain" (Chimera) - two miles or so
- neighborhood - peaceful village, with homes mostly converted into pensions
- beaches - sand and some stones, fine for kids (with attendance, of course!)
- people around were from Europe, US, Canada and Turkey (majority) targeted to tranquil rest with no extremes and NO crowds
Accommodation was OK, no luxury, but comfortable (AC, equipped bathrooms). Of course, this is not even a 3 star hotel, but overall impression of hospitality and personal care makes vacating in Villa Monte definitely and positively unique!
For any special questions please do not hesitate e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrey and Irina
(we are from Moscow, Russia)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa Monte is considered one of the best 'small hotels' in Cirali, not just because of its location, but also its special architecture, picturesque garden, comfortable rooms (romantic double rooms/ comfortable family rooms up to 5-person), delicious Mediterranean cuisine and its hospitality...Cirali is a governmentally protected area because of its archeological (0lympos / Chimaera) & ecological (Caretta Carettas) significance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Villa Monte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Hotel Cirali