Jumali House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Dalyan
See available hotels
  • Pool
Kilim Hotel(Dalyan)
Arp Dalyan(Dalyan)
Berg Hotel(Dalyan)
Kano Otel(Dalyan)
View Hotel
All reviewscot and high chairliving areafantastic holidayvillagardenpoolriverside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My friends and I have just booked our third holiday at the lovely Jumali House. We booked for 2012 the day we returned from this year’s holiday as we were so anxious to be able to return next year.

There are six of us in the group (mixed ages) and we have been away together for 18 years – we have stayed in some amazing villas but Jumali has it all. I can’t help thinking that I shall be returning to Dalyan and Jumali for as long as I live.

The Villa is everything you ever dreamed of. Four very well equipped double bedrooms – each en suite, each with a balcony and each overlooking the beautiful pool. A spacious living room and kitchen fitted with everything you could possibly need. The Villa is surrounded by a luscious green garden filled with exotic blooms, fruit trees, palm trees and bushes bursting with flowers. You can even try your hand at Croquet on the back lawn.

There is a large shaded Turkish chill out area beside the BBQ and additional outside kitchen and a Gazebo covered in a grapevine entwined with other exotic scented blooms. I recall sitting under the Gazebo early one evening, I could hear the sound of running water – there is a warm breeze blowing on my back, a beautiful pink flower fell from the roof of the Gazebo and landed by my foot. There was a little bird sitting right above me on the telegraph wire singing a joyful song and I could see the rock tombs - Oh Joy.

The pool is surrounded by lawns which are well tended by the discrete team of gardeners who visit regularly but whom you hardly notice. The pool man also comes twice a day – but early in the morning and at the end of the day – he also slips in and out almost unnoticed.

During the early evening as we sit sipping our cocktails on the huge balcony off the upstairs living room which overlooks the splendour of the gardens as well, we listen to the haunting call to prayer as the sun goes down over the mystical rock tombs which are opposite the Villa – they look so beautiful at night time when the lights come on -it almost takes your breath away.

Huge white storks fly over our roof, we watch in fascination as the little owls, which roost in the chimney of the villa across the road, perch themselves on the telegraph wire at the end of the garden, the occasional frog or lizard hops or slithers by hoping the owls will not notice them. We hear cocks crow, donkeys bray, there is a symphony of song from the garden birds.

We never quite know what is going to visit us next – this year a large tortoise (whom I am told lives under the chill out area) got himself wedged in the iron works of the elaborate front gates and we had to go and rescue him. Last year we had to rescue frogs from the pool.

We have never needed a car. It’s a few minutes walk from the town – even for us older folk. Dalyan has everything you need, many fine restaurants. It’s a jolly place; the locals are extremely helpful and friendly. There is a great deal of fun to be had but no ‘lager louts’ here. It’s a small town and we feel very much at home there. It seems everyone knows everyone and they all want to be your friend.

There are many amazing boat trips to be taken at very reasonable prices. Our joy is to stop for breakfast by a riverside café on our way to buy fresh fruit and vegetables in Dalyan Market. As we sit enjoying our meal we watching the huge and graceful Caretta Caretta turtles popping up for air or hoping to be offered a blue crab by the waiters and the storks and herons fly above us.

I can’t wait for next year.

Margaret Macara
m.macara@sky.com

Room Tip: A peaceful haven
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank smartmart147
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I just wanted to say that I spent a fantastic week at Jumali House in Dalyan in October 2010. I travelled with my two year old daughter and some friends. The house itself was amazing - it took your breath away on arrival, the pool and gardens, the outside areas and bbq were all fabulous - inside was spacious and well appointed with another breath taking view from the balcony of the Lycian tombs just over the water and a regular venue as the sun set!

Dalyan was an easy 5 minute walk and felt safe and friendly. There was so much to do and see in the local area without the need for own transport - the convenience of the river boats to Turtle beach or the little buses to get around - everything was easy to access.

Eating out was not a problem with a two year old. All the waiters and restaurant staff were so friendly and accommodating, they appeared to take genuine delight in entertaining her! Many thanks to the people of Dalyan and the owners of Jumali House for an exciting yet restful, beautiful and enriching week!

x

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank HappyTraveller102010
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Truly fantastic place - the pictures say it all. A short, relaxing walk down an unpaved road from the centre of the small but lively town of Dalyan that has everything you will need. A great pool and BBQ area, fantastic balconies to enjoy the sunset over the hills. The bedrooms are well presented, cool and relaxing and give you an escape from the heat. The sitting area has a large table so that you can eat together and a TV and sofas if you fancy watching a film one evening. Nearby there are many boats for rent, natural thermal pools and mud baths, a lake to swim in and beaches only a short relaxing boat ride away. There is plenty of history: a colliseum and spectacular rock tombs to see. I did not feel the need to stray away from Dalyan in my week there, but if you want to there are many trips that can be taken further afield. Great restaurants and places to eat in Dalyan itself - try the more local ones to get the most amazing tasty food. Fun bars with live music if you like late nights, but Jumali House is away from these, so you can have an early night with no concern of noise disruption. A spa had just opened when I visited which looked good, although I did not try it. Lovely jewellery to be bought on the street markets and the weekend market is spectacular. The people are very friendly and the heat is wonderful. I hope to go back to Jumali House - it was the most relaxing holiday I have ever had.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank cokaty
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Jumali House is a stunning villa in a perfect location with wonderful views of the Lycian Rock Tombs from the first floor balcony. The large pool and beautiful maintained gardens, full of flowers with plenty of shady areas help make the stresses of home melt away. We will return.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Jumali House provides an ideal base for a trip to Dalyan. The Villa is perfectly situated, just on the outskirts of the town, which makes it a peaceful haven at any time of the day but is only a five minute stroll from the many restaurants that can be found on the main street or on the banks of the Dalyan River. The Villa lacks nothing with regards to comfort and facilities and is well looked after by the very descrete and friendly staff . The feel of space in and out of the Villa is fantastic and the larger than average pool is a welcome retreat from the Turkish Sun together with the shady parts of the large garden. Of an evening, just before strolling to the town, a nice cold drink on the balcony overlooking the Lycian Tombs is just the appetizer before sampling the varied cuisine the numerous restaurants have to offer. Ther is no need to eat in the same place twice unless you find a few favourites as we have. No more to say other than why not give it a go?

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family