“thanks for unforgettable holiday”
Review of Sultan Palas Hotel

Sultan Palas Hotel
Ranked #42 of 64 Hotels in Dalyan
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed 5 days in hotel. We had everything what we wanted.We slept in the garden under the fruit trees.We traveled by boat on the river. We visited the ancient cities. We walked around in the pine woods.. we swam...
Thank you from the heart for great holiday.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lale_12787

Reviewed 13 June 2012

The other reviews have said it all really. If you want turbo relaxing in tranquil settings, with a great pool and surrounding scenery then look no further. Friendly service, clean simple rooms, lovely gardens, can't wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We have just returned from the Sultan Palas and the most relaxed holiday we have every had. All the previous reviews are perfectly correct and describe the area, the wonderful views of the wooded hills,the fragrant garden and the food, but most of all the friendly staff who could not do enough to make you feel welcome. It was so lovely to get a "shuttle" boat instead of a bus into town, where there is every type of restaurant and a good selection of shops. Market day on a Saturday is worth a visit where the stall holder will offer you a sample of freshTurkish delight, and the shop keepers a glass of fruit tea. I would recommend 2 or 3 nights half board and the rest eating in town to soak up the atmosphere at night. Most of the people at the Hotel had been before and we will certainly return to this tranquil Hotel in a most beautiful area.

Room Tip: All rooms face the fragrant garden with a balcony there is no need to worry about any noisy area'...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuvMyH0liday
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice - and if we were planning to visit this lovely area again we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.
The setting is rural, surrounded on two sides by wooded hills and on the opposite side of the river, slightly up-river from the town.
The hotel provides regular, free transport to Dalyan using it's own minibus and boat and, although free transport ends early evening residents can be transferred to and from town later in the evening for a small fee. The hotel will also organise airport transfers using local transport companies for a set fee. From Dalyan it is possible to travel to nearby towns and beaches using local bus or boat.
The hotel itself is small and friendly although not intrusive. Food is very good, although if you are staying for an evening meal you will need, at breakfast time, to order from the three main courses available.
The hotel swimming pool is superb - very clean and never crowded. The hotel gardens are extremely well maintained and many of the vegetables served at mealtimes are grown in the vegetable garden.
Rooms have a balcony or terrace with a small table and two chairs - so lovely to be able to sit and listen to the birdsong first thing in the morning. Each room has a small seating area (no TV but there is one in the hotel lounge) with kettle, tea bags etc. Spacious and comfortable.
This is such a lovely place - and I have no hesitation about recommending it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HampshireSue85
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This is a lovely hotel set in fantastic (+ peaceful) gardens. I stayed for a week on my own and had a great holiday- everybody was so welcoming and friendly. From the moment that I entered the hotel the staff couldnt do enough for me. Although the hotel is a short boat ride from the main town- this adds to the excitement and enjoyment. The hotel run a bus and boat service which means that you can get to and from town really easily. Food was lovely (the 'Meeze' are amazing! I ended up eating more starters than main courses!)
I would recommend this hotel for people on their own, couples and families.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ClareLondonTraveller
Reviewed 14 October 2011

My wife and I stayed several nights at Sultan Palas. It is a wonderful, relaxing place to stay. Our room was comfortable and the setting was peaceful and quiet. The pool area is nice and everyone enjoys being together and chatting into the evening by the pool and at the restaurant area. The food was very good and plentiful. A wonderful Turkish breakfast spread is the highlight, along with cold first courses. The staff is very helpful and knows everything about the area and the best places to explore, by foot or boat. We took several river trips and enjoyed the company along the way. It was the perfect restful ending to our several weeks of traveling in Turkey - a great spot to relax and just enjoy the quietude and scenery.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nelson B
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I'm a Turkish Painter and a Graphic Designer from Istanbul. Thus we've graduated universities of fine arts and chose art for a life; we like to see the small details. And for us, beauty is very important. I've been to many vacations in Turkey and I know how most of the hotels work round here. Sultan Palas is a very very big exception. What makes this place precious is that it's runned by a very intellectual and modern woman. The hotel owner doesn't think much about money. My first positive impression has started with their reservation policy. For a reservation of a room, despite of other hotels, they didn't ask for money. The nice lady on the phone was talking very kindly so I knew that it would be a nice vacation for us in Sultan Palas and yeah, that's right. Before we came there, they gave us a lot of information. They've arranged our transfer from the airport. (It was a very nice Van I must say). After half an hour of a ride we've reached to the river. From the river, captain Ismet (very cool and friendly guy, just like all other employees of the hotel) took us to the hotel. The hotel has an AMAZING garden I must say. The gardeners are working very carefully. The pool is big enough and is very clean. The hotel itself is in the middle of beatiful hills and forests. It's a fantastic nature! It takes 5 minutes to walk to the riverside. I've stayed in many hotels in Turkey, I've even stayed in a 7 starts hotel but I've never been this comfortable. The rooms are not cramped, the walls are not choking you like the other hotels. The rooms are not small, after the bed near to the window there are chairs and a small table. The nice detail we liked very much was to find a Kattle, tea & coffee cups + a lot of coffees and kinds of teas inside the room. You also have a very nice balcony and there is another table plus chairs on the balcony too. It's awesome in the morning to drink your tea on the balcony, listening to the sweet sweet birds and feeling the fresh air in your lungs. The hotel itself is so so much clean everywhere. I couldn't even see a single flake of dust. This is a key point, the rooms are REALLY so clean and they are cleaned daily. The cleaners are very nice and happy face people. The food is delicious. Vegetables and Fruits are so fresh. The owner told me that she does all the food shopping herself. The owner takes personal care on almost everything. I've read comments about wasps annoying people but I havent encountered an event with any wasp. Yes, there are many wasps flying around but they mind their own business. I mean unless you try to go chase and kill them, they are not interested in you. Even when I was eating honey, they didn't care. But beware about mosquitoes! On our first night, we were really eaten out until we find a anti-mosquitoe body spray(put it especially on your legs). Before you go to the dinner, you MUST have this spray. The hotel is at the other side of the river so you can't go out of the hotel after 7 at night. But hey, who would want that anyway? If you are not so much interested in boring Bars and pubs, it's not a problem cause Dalyan is a place like this; you can go to the beach or you can join tours. The tours finish at 18:30, then you go back to the hotel (you'll be very tired). Or you will go to the beach in the morning and come back like 18:30 again. (the beach is closed at 19:00 anyway - because of turtles). So there's nothing you can at the city center after seven anyway...
If you are looking for a beatiful holiday that people care so much about you in a very clean, comfortable hotel which also has very nice food; Sultan Palas is exactly what you're asking for. Go and feel like a Sultan you too!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple