Riverside Hotel
  • Restaurant
BC Spa Hotel(Dalyan)
Asena Motel(Dalyan)
View Hotel
All reviewsyellow brick roadthe rivernext yearsecret placethe staff were extremely helpfulislands boat tourhotel boatidyllic settingpassing boatsturkish buffetcleaned every dayeating breakfastother guestshot waterstar luxurywatch the worldbar prices
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Had a 8 day stay in Riverside Hotel Dalyan in October 2013. Hotel in a beautiful quiet scenic spot opposite the river with a ten minute walk into the town. Staff very helpful and the food, half board, was basic but very fresh produce. The rooms need a little TLC as very tired and do not live up to the exterior and position of the hotel. Sheets and towels were fresh every day. Lovely pool and bar. The food on the jetty restaurant attached to the hotel was very good and reasonably priced.Thoroughly recommend to anyone looking for a peaceful holiday with friendly welcoming staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lesley M
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We spent a nice week here. The staff were great, it was a good place to relax. The room we were in was a bit small but very clean. The cleaners came everyday. We left our room unlocked most of the time, it felt very safe. It has a nice location on the riverbank and the food in the restaurant was quite good. I thought it was excellent value for money, for what I paid for the hotel I was very pleased. Overall it was a nice relaxing week, I've no complaints. I would recommend the riverside, A friendly and welcoming hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My partner and I returned from The Riverside last night, relaxed, refreshed and disappointed to be home.
We arrived after a hiccup at the airport with our transfers, we booked a shared transfer but hadn't banked on the taxi being shared with people from different flights!!! we waited over an hour with useless information from the rep. we eventually arrived to a friendly welcome and shown to our room, the room was small but very clean with a double firm bed, plenty hanging space note this is like a large linen press so the hanging space isn,t long. the showeroom is again small but perfectly functional and spotlessly clean, the only problem we found was the tiles, the shower is not a tray so everything gets wet the tiles are not non slip, I would take a couple of cheap shower mats in my case if I went again. the towels are changed everyday and there was an endless supply of toilet roll, there is a small hairdryer and a socket for shavers etc.
One wee thing I found annoying was that the full length mirror in the bedroom was on the opposite side of the electrical points so was inconvenient for straighteners or stylers a wee swap over would be great.
We dropped our cases and nipped into town for a quick bite. We found out how beautiful the hotels location was in the morning, the sun was beaming the sky was cloudless and the gardens of the hotel were stunning we had a pomegranate tree right outside our door!! We went for the buffet breakfast and this for me was not great, it was typically Turkish which is my preferred breakfast however the bread was hard and stale, everything was lying uncovered and there was flies on most things, we had a coffee on the terrace overlooking the river which is fabulous, We basically ate out for breakfast every morning after that. Too be fair other guests seemed to eat there so maybe I'm too fussy.
The staff were very nice but I think they were looking forward to season end and some things were a wee bit slipping, you could wait an hour for someone to serve at the bar but that is also the appeal of the Riverside.
The pool area is lovely kept pristine and plenty beds and seating areas to chill on, the water is freezing!! but great once submerged lol. during the day there is no music playing and this is probably due to the age group, at 48 we were the youngest there until joined by a couple that were 46!! I found that a little difficult as there was a lack of ambiance, and we could hear every conversation sometimes quite loudly about, blood pressure, tumours, teeth (or lack off) deaths etc, Im not mocking the elderly but it probably did encourage us to spend time away from the hotel, this was a blessing really as Dalyan is stunning, laid back and populated by truly lovely people, we ate at fabulous restuarants, cafes, and chilled in some of the most laid back bars in the evening. best meals definitely Ramazan Han for the steak, Bistro Blue where I had the best prawns ever, Hidden Garden for great food and the best service we have ever received, also a massive breakfast!! Bulent Donerci for a kebab meal deal kebab, chips, rice and a drink 13tl, £4.50 approx., Make a wee visit to Café Gol near the square and Mosque its very local- blink and you will miss it, but we had the best chicken kebab there with two cans of coke for about a fiver for both of us, the kitchen is in full view and spotless and the lady cooking cant speak English and our lack of Turkish made this a fun way to order but we got what we wanted, it doesn't look much but we loved it.
The food at the Riverside was good and we had a few light bites which were all ok.
It's about a 10 minute walk into town and its a pleasant trip, there are a few jewellery sellers along the way all with handmade goods, Theres loads of boat trip options and I think all good value, we went on a trip to a market which wasn't much as end of season but the trip there was great, and the captain great fun, we also went to Turtle beach by boat, walked right along the beach to the other end and visited the turtle rehabilitation centre which is worth a visit, The food stalls are great too, we travelled back by dolmus and the scenes are breathtaking definitely worth a trip.
Right back to the hotel.......We ended up loving it, have most definitely never had such a chilled out break probably for the first time ever have came back from a holiday feeling like we had had one..........I never even flipped when my daughter at home told me about a bath flooding/door kicked in episode!!!!
So summing up, my first trip to Dalyan and I loved it I will definitely be back, perhaps not to the Riverside but I would 100% recommend it to older travellers or a single holiday maker, It may be we just stayed at the wrong time for us and if that was the case then we would definitely stay at a different time of the year.
I'm just going to add about the cats and dogs, we loved them but if you aren't animal friendly it may be a problem as there are many and all over, all lovely natured and just wanting a cuddle.
GO GO GO!!!!! you can't help but fall in love

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank lisa c
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We spent 4 days at the Riverside Hotel Dalyan, the rooms were basic as most Turkish hotels are, the rooms were spotless, towels changed everyday, we ate lunch there a couple of times, the food was good, normal turkish breakfast, had to pay for fresh orange juice, most hotels have available free.
The pool area was good as was the bar area.
The staff were brilliant, always on the go doing something.
Location spot on, only 7/8 min walk into Dalyan.
Would i stay there again, probably but not for 2 weeks, rooms to small to stay 2 weeks, all in all great small hotel, as long as you are not looking for luxuries.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Just had a wonderful two weeks at the Riverside, spoilt only by the fact that the staff were a little jaded as it is getting towards the end of the season. We went on a beach barbeque, and my daughter is disabled and in a wheelchair, but the staff were extremely good at getting her on and off the boat and across the sand.
The rooms were quite small and very basic, but we didn't spend that much time in it. We were more than gratefull for the air-con and it was worth £3 a night.
It has a lovely pool that was cleaned every day, but the edges are getting a bit worn and can give you a nasty scratch, I got a couple.
It was our second trip to Dalyan and it was as magical as the first.

Room Tip: If you are a family of three it would be best to book two rooms as they just pushed another bed into an already small room for us
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family