“As good as it gets”

Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Dalyan
Sheffield
“As good as it gets”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Our first trip to Turkey - We chose the Binlik based on previous Trip Advisor feedback and were not disappointed. The Binlik hotel is a great place to stay - On arrival around 4.00 am local time on 12th September - the reception was effortless,friendly and prompt taking less than 10 minutes from arrival to getting to our allocated room - we were given a charge card to use for the duration of our stay at the hotel which is used to pay for refreshments without the need to use cash - For each transaction a copy receipt is issued enabling an easy record of your spending to be kept. The man on reception brought our cases to our room - explained to us the security key and air condition and tv functions the Room 116 was a decent size - immaculately clean -and the bed was extremely comfortable. Our room was immaculately cleaned every day,towels replaced everyday and bed made. We found that this well run hotel under the leadership of Manager "Kadri" All the staff made a big effort to make our holiday a great experience and nothing was too much trouble. We found the snacks and drink prices to be good value for money - the cheesecake and tirimisu are mouth wateringly good.
The town of Dalyan is less than 10 minutes walk away and has an exellent range of shops and restaurants. We found the Turkish people to be friendly and welcoming - The restaurants while eager to have your custom and explain what they have to offer - were always polite and definitely "not pushy" we ate out every night and recommend "La Perla" situated near the town statue alongside the river where the many tourist boat are to be found. The head waiter is known as J.J. is a great character and the range of food is excellent and highly recommended.
Our first Turkish holiday was thoroughly enjoyable from arrival to departure - We will certainly be coming back to the Binlik Hotel and the resort of Dalyan many more times.
Review of Rob & Linda Nixon from Sheffield

Room Tip: The ground floor block where room 116 is situated has easy access and has a pool view
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RobertnSheffield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Turkish first
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

this is my first time of leaving a review,as i think it is very important to read up on were your staying and off the resort,.me and the wife had two lovely weeks,at the binlik,both blocks are well upto date,rooms are a bit on the small side,have bruises on my shins to prove it lol...rooms lack a kettle but my advise would be is to take one with you,as the coffee is lousy at the breakfast..breakfast itself is very good and plenty to choose from plus its all fresh apart from the orange juice,the wife loved the omletts an pancakes as they were cooked for you there and then,and if you asked the chef nicely he would do you eggy bread..the pools are very clean and well maintained,loungers were never a problem was plenty to go round,just becareful when walking round the pools as the floor can be very slippy,make sure they have mats down as we hadnt on the first week,but when i asked were they were they were put down the following day and it made a big difference,so beware..the staff at the hotel are very friendly and will try to help you in anyway,kadri was very helpful and knows exactly what you want an his english is excellent very clever man,dont know if he will be there next year,he has good ideas on to keep people entertained around the pool bar,but owner doesnt want to know,so as you can there isnt alot there to keep you occupied and have you spending your money at the bar...the gardener is ace,he never stops hes like a whippet,he cant speak english but suprisingly your able to communicate with each other.(what a star).receptionist has always got a smile,and is very helpful,my only gripe is,is regarding the bar staff,there very ignorant and they could do with going to charm school,this isnt just my opinion,but was of other holidayers..dalyan itself is a very nice resort an is unspoit,and there is alot to see there are many resteraunts and are all good,our fav was ali baba,good hot fresh food,price for two with drinks was 40 to 50tl very cheap,efes beer 5tl..ps would def go back to binlik and dalyan.....hope this review helps to make your mind up.......

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank bezella069
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This is my second time at the Binlik hotel in Dalyan and I had such an amazing time. The staff are so helpful and friendly and they make you feel so welcome as soon as you arrive. I will be coming back again next year with all my girlfriends and they can't wait :)

Room Tip: I requested to get a ground floor room facing the second pool with the bar and that is what we got...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank schrevsl88
Manchester
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Just got back from Dalyan and The Binlik and wish we were still there. We've been before but not for about 5 years. The staff back then were just as lovely as they are now. The refurbishments have been done really well, breakfast is lovely and the rooms super clean and modern. The place is spotless.
Our party consisted of my husband and I, along with our 21 year old daughter and 18 year old son, with their partners. The six of us hired a boat for the day a couple of times - chugging up the lake to swim in the sea and then mooring in a quiet cove for a BBQ lunch is one of our favourite things to do in Dalyan.
One negative...the room provided for check out is tiny and very hot but we have seen how much work has been done to the hotel since we were here last time, that I'm sure they'll sort it out. We had a look at the honeymoon suite, which is lovely. Tastefully decorated and very light and airy. Silver wedding next year so think this room has our name on it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Stayed at Binlik Hotel for a week and wished we had more time. Enjoyed every day of our stay and could not fault. Excellent location to various restaurants and bars and I recommend doing the Turkish night at the hotel if you are there on a Friday. Kadri is a great ambassador for the hotel, he instantly recognises new arivals and introduces himself. Stayed in C Block in 602 and must say that they are nice clean room, two great swimming pools to relax and enjoy a swim for cooling down. I cannot praise the staff enough for their level of service and help at all times.

Well done to Kadri and Staff.

From Peter and Sally

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank searcherofsouls
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Stayed at Binlik with my family the last two weeks of August, believe me everything that you will read about this hotel, especially on Tripadvisor, will be true. This is a fabulous little hotel, clean refurbed rooms, clean swimming pools, hotel gardens - with all staff working so very hard, from very early in the mornings to well into the evenings. Loved Dalyan, plenty of night life, shops, restaurants and bars without being over the top - something for everyone! We did'nt have a favourite restaurant because all that we tried were so very good. Loved Turtle Beach - especially the far end where the dolmus drops and picks up, so very clean and really safe swimming.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the main pool and pool side bar - this was an excellent room. If I had...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Warminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I went for a week with my best friend and was very happy with location and cleanliness of the hotel. Apart from the comical name - it apparently means "thousands" (as in money), it is very close to town and easy to get to. The reception is helpful and I saw in the corner there is a computer you can use with free wireless internet. I also asked for the wep key which meant I could then use internet on my phone too! We were greeted by the receptionist and (i presume) the maintenance man, who took our bags up to our room - he was definately expecting his tip but it was worth it as he carried them all that way! You get a key with a card, the card is slotted into the box which then turns on the electricity, when you take the card out again, it allows for about 30seconds for you to put it back before shutting everything down or perhaps enabling you to leave with the light on!

The bar by the pool is great, it serves fantastic food - a wide choice and there were definately no complaints, whatever we chose. There's draught beer (Effes) and plenty of cocktails, bottles, coffee/tea and soft drinks to choose. The only problem is some staff arent able to speak English. Some also choose to ignore you if they are busy!! I had to help a customer try to communicate with one member, what they were requiring (a large bottle of water and 2 glasses with ice) this proved difficult and when the phone rang, instead of ignoring it and focussing on the customer, they picked up the phone and ignored them.. not great!

I know people have mentioned stray cats or dogs but we didnt get bugged by them and frankly it wouldnt bother me if we did but they usually get shooed away by staff anyway!

The room itself, for us, was huge. We had a twin room on the roof area, as you walk in the door there's a double bed - so technically you could probably add another 2 people! We had a small bathroom but it had a fantastic shower and then as you go into the main bedroom, we had a second balcony with a great view. Everything again was spotless!

The main pool is reasonably big, there are steps and things at either end which is good, there were a few small tiles here and there missing but nothing that I noticed particularly.
Round the corner by reception is a second pool, its smaller and does have a mini waterfall thing in it which provides some fun but it does feel a lil cramped!

The sunbeds are the only problem... If you want a sunbed you need to get up for 8:15am-8:30ish and put your towels out on them or you wont get any! Everyone wants one - often by the time everyone eats breakfast they're straight out and you wont be able to get one all day! Once the towels are on, its safe, but there just isnt enough for everyone. Some people can sit on the giant beanbags on the grass area to the right of the pool if you wish but its not the same as being by the pool on a clean surface! The nice thing for the grass though was (for me) there were a few young chickens running about who had come over from a neighbouring area.

We avoided breakfast after the first time as we couldnt get used to the turkish style. cheese, cucumber and tomatoes etc are not really my idea of breakfast! We did see the guy outside was able to cook anything you wanted egg wise though, he did some good omlets with cheese, chopped hot dog sausages or onions as a filling.. pancakes were on offer too. There was cereal n' various dried fruits but I didnt fancy it. The orange juice was lovely though and you could have tea or coffee. I usually just waited for lunch or when the pool bar opened at 10am if I was really hungry!

If you ate at the hotel in the evening (we didnt) you sat at the pool bar tables and it looked quite nice - I presume you were offered the same thing as you were in the day time - (which included some lovely pasta dishes, the spaghetti bolognaise was lovely).

We went out for the evening meals as we had been before and knew the food in any restaurant was good!

I would go back to the Binlik even if some of the staff are not so great. I will say the ladies who clean have very minimal english but 1 in particular has a very good sense of humor! The hotel is lit well at night and for its location as I said its brilliant. There is a shop next door if you dont fancy travelling far and also a bar called the Waterfall bar, owned by "Reg", he's very friendly and you can get a good nescafe coffee there too!

One last thing... DONT FORGET THE MOSQUITO SPRAY!!!! .... Sinkov is the local one and very effective (about 4.00TL) very cheap!

Room Tip: The rooms in the roof have 2 balconys and are more private so I would recommend them!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends