“Holiday”
Review of Club Alla Turca

Club Alla Turca
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Dalyan
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Deffo booking a return visit to a fantastic friendly helpful place
Club alla turca! !!
Not enough circles on here to rate this amazing hotel
Food amenities ambience location all very very good just go there and see what you are missing by going elsewhere

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank glyndcox

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Back again for our 10th visit. Warmly welcomed again and staff able to accommodate to our request for a particular favourite room. This year we were half board but had intended to eat out in Dalyan a number of times. However the restaurant food was excellent with plenty of choice and variety and especially very good value. Breakfast as usual was excellent, cereal, fruit, cheese, cold meat and all you would expect for a Turkish breakfast plus a chef on duty every morning to cook omelette, pancakes or fried/scrambled eggs. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Depends if you want a view over the pool or over the mountains, we prefer the mountains. Rooms on hi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jamescs26
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We wanted a quiet week away and Alla Turca gave us exactly that. It's a very nice hotel in a quiet spot about 15 minute walk from the main centre of Dalyan.

Hotel was very nice and just what we wanted. Staff were excellent, pool area was clean and spacious and the pool bar and dining area were ideal. Rooms are good relative to price although the shower was pretty weak, but not a big deal. Free safe and air con which is always a plus. Mini bar was handy and the prices were reasonable.

Only real down side was the quality of the breakfasts. In no way looking for sausage and bacon every morning, just a bit of quality in what they offered. Cereal was rubbery, coffee was terrible, charged you for orange juice, bread was less than fresh, fruit looked awful and could have done with being cut up into pieces, and the cheeses and hams were avoided by everyone. Even their eggs were a bit ropey!

Lovely hotel, very good staff, decent rooms, breakfast let it down. Only other thing I would add is the noise - imagine in busy times it would be quite load as walls are thin, you hear every door slam and because the rooms are right on top of each other you hear everyone coming and going at night and in the morning. May have just been the room we had - 122

Dalyan in general is ok. Very quiet which is what we wanted and relatively chav free which is always a plus. Restaurants not brilliant, all much and such the same in terms of standard and selection. Blue Bistro was nice as was Lime and Caretta.

Wouldn't rush back but wouldn't avoid it either.

Room Tip: Get a pool view, enjoy it for a quiet week but be sure to avoid the breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LucyBavidesleptin
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This year will be our 4th visit (my 5th) and we will no doubt be back next year.

Before people let the negative posts put them off, consider what you want from a holiday. Dalyan is quiet and it is a river setting, although you can get to the beautiful ‘Turtle Beach’ by boat or bus (both a short trip) so if you want a busy lively place Dalyan isn’t for you. As for the Alla Turca, if you want entertainment, singers, dancers etc. this isn’t suited to you as the bar staff are the only entertainment BUT if you want a lovely relaxing holiday in peaceful surroundings then give it a try and you won’t be disappointed.

Accommodation – is over 3 floors, yes some balconies face the back wall but do you seriously spend most of your holiday on the balcony? If you do, request a pool view before you go, the management are very helpful and will give you a pool view if it’s at all possible. Rooms have a free safe and yes it is recommended that you leave your money, passport etc in the safe, I have noted that some people have said money went missing, I’m not saying it didn’t but you wouldn’t leave it lying around in a hotel room in the UK so don’t do it on holiday (anywhere not just Turkey).

Food – the main restaurant is a buffet style, there is also an outside bar/cafe that serves Pizza’s sandwiches etc at lunch time. I am a fussy eater and I can always find something to eat although if you are bed and breakfast you may want to take the 10-15 min walk into the town as there are plenty of restaurants to chose from. I notice the chairs have been complained about as they are garden furniture chairs, seriously, how much have you paid for the holiday? I have always found the price to stay at the Alla Turca very reasonable and as long as I have a seat I am not bothered what it is made of.

The pool is very clean (cleaned nightly) and not too deep, there is also a small children’s pool. There are also sun loungers in the garden area along with daybeds if you want to somewhere even quieter.

Staff – we have always found the staff really friendly and Moira (Guest relations) is a treasure, if you need any advice, trips etc. speak to Moira she is always at breakfast to make sure everything is OK with the guests. The bar staff are good fun of an evening they will chat, tell jokes, lark around and generally enjoy entertaining and banter. You can add any payables (food, drinks) to your room and pay before check out, we always pay the day before’s bill in the morning that way we don’t lose track of what we have spent but we have never in the 4 years we have visited, been overcharged.

There is a free mini bus into town every morning and a pick up every afternoon. In the town there are public buses and boats for day trips and agents where you can you book organised trips in the main street. Lots of restaurants and shops, people are not pushy if you say no thank you they simply say maybe tomorrow.
The roman ruins on the other side of the river are a nice walk (not recommended on a hot day), a lady will row you over and you can walk up, local produce for sale on the way, fruit, juices etc. and call in the cafe by the boat stops for a pancake on your way back.
We would also recommend the 12 island cruise, we went on the one where they limit the amount of people of 12 (I think), very relaxing, I saw someone on here saying it was a waste for them as his wife didn’t swim, well I can’t swim but I enjoyed it, when everyone went in the water I just relaxed on deck. Lovely tea/coffee biscuits and then lunch served on board too. We had a lovely day and we will booking this again this year.

The walk from the hotel down alongside the river is gentle walk and quite pleasant with a few places where you could stop to eat or have a drink in the way. Each year more hotels pop up along this river walk but Dalyan still retains its charm.

Things that could be done to improve the holiday experience at the Alla Turca
• The beds can be a bit on the hard side so an option of a mattress topper would be good
• People should be stopped from putting towels on a lounger, walking into town for the day only to come back sit on the lounger for an hour and go back to their room. This is inconsiderate and probably shouldn’t have to be policed by the hotel but this can cause issues in busier times.
• Pool towels – it would be good if you could hire pool towels for the loungers

We always recommend Dalyan and this hotel if you want a relaxing holiday, in my opinion the Alla Turca deserves all 4 of its stars, wherever we go we always compare it to here and this is why we always come back. In February we went 5* to Egypt, not a patch on here.

Room Tip: Pool view if possile
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dianne w
Reviewed 8 March 2014

View from our room was grotty, although the balcony at least looked over the garden. We visited a few weeks before the hotel closed for the seaon and we felt like intruders as most things were stacked up outside. I got shouted at by the owner who was standing at the door of the hotel for daring to speak kindly to a lovely friendly starving (and I mean starving) dog out on the road (not on his property), the staff then threw stones at the dog to get rid of him when they thought I was out of earshot.
When I got home I realised within a few days that an antique opal & diamond ring bought for me by husband was missing from my jewellry pouch that was always locked in my room. I didn't wear it every day. I have learnt my lesson, I would never bring jewellry of any worth on holiday again.
I would never set foot in that horrible place again.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank propinquitas
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Club alla Turka is a lovely hotel with a fantastic pool and walking distance into town. We had a room which didn't overlook the pool which was good as we had a fantastic view when sitting on our balcony, albeit in our creased clothes as the only downfall of the hotel is they do not provide an iron due to "health & safety", this is not mentioned on their website, probably because you're not meant to use your own travel iron, you can however use the laundry service, at a cost.... There was also no kettle, first hotel I've ever been in without either. Saying this though, we will definitely revisit as the hotel was beautiful, great location and the staff were helpful (especially the handyman who sawed off the lock on my case after it got damaged) a lot of other guests we spoke to said they have visited for several years and it's easy to see why. Great choice hotel - definitely worth booking

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shalv81
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the end of the season and was blessed with exceptionally warm, sunny weather. Turned up at midnight and although the bar was shut was shown to a lovely clean comfortable room. After a quick walk into town for a nightcap we made it back along the dark road and settled down into a lovely comfortable bed and woke next morning to a glorious day. I could go on about the weather but the hotel was really lovely- pretty , clean, friendly staff, great pool (there were only 6 other guests so no problem getting a sunbed!! ). All in all a lovely stay and would definitely come back - maybe September which apparently isn't too hot or busy.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple