“A little bit of heaven...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dalyan
Mehtap Hotel Dalyan
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Dalyan
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We just got back from our fourth trip to Dalyan and our stay at the Mehtap.
we saw some old friends from our previous trips and made some new friends with Umit's new guests.
the hotel was lovely as ever with its relaxed and friendly atmosphere. As always the bedrooms were clean and comfortable, breakfasts delightful and the bar always welcoming for those long cool sundowners and nightcaps.
It was heartbreaking leaving and we're looking forward to trip 5 next summer and we will book early to make sure Umit and Serap will have a room for us as we could never stay anywhere else except the Mehtap.
Kath & Mike

2  Thank Hello_Irish

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was thinking about what you need to know in order to make an informed choice about your hotel in Dalyan- here goes!

Location: 5 minutes walk into town, two minutes from the river path and the best bar in Dalyan (a lovely little bar overlooking the river where you can feed the ducks, terrapins & fish -they give you bread! whilst watching all the trip boats- absolute bliss!! You may get lucky and see Nile Turtles- we did!)

Hotel: Spotelss family run hotel, very clean pool, nice comfy beds, friendly, nothing too much trouble, very quiet and chilled.

Other guests: We have kept in touch with many guests, the hotel attracts a wide range of ages. People who appreciate a nice friendly, good quality experience. The welcome that you get from the owners- Umit & Sepat is second to none. I had my 50th birthday there and was given two lovely gifts from the owners and the young lady who helps with breakfast and cleans the rooms, I was really touched. I had gifts from friends that I had made to the hotel as well, this made my birthday a very special one. Thanks folks!

Food. The Turkish breakfast is great, as was the Turkish meal cooked for everyone at the hotel by Serap.

Would I stay there again? Absolutely, we have been three times, We couldn't possibly stay anywhere else in Dalyan. Almost every visitor returns- it's that sort of place- once you arrive you instantly chill.

How to book: Book directly through the Mehtap's website- it is quick and easy. Umit will arrange the transfer for you. It is an ideal place for lone travellers, you will feel safe here.

I can assure you that you will not regret booking the Mehtap. You feel like a valued customer, not just another number! We go to Lanzarote every year, but often come back having spoken to no-one. At the Mehtap genuine friendships are made.

Please feel free to contact me for any details.

We actually visited Istanbul for 3 days first. We went with Turkish Airways who were fantastic- large baggage allowance, good food, alcoholic drink included and plenty of leg room. We stayed at the Erboy hotel which was nice . We spent 3 really good days taking in all of the fantastic sites and then for £15 each!!!! with Alpha airways we flew to Dalaman, Umit had arraged the transfer. All went very smoothly. We then instantly chilled once we got to the Mehtap. My advice to you- Don't deliberate, the Mehtap is very popular, so book straight away if you are intrested. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: We have had rooms in all areas of the hotel. All are quiet and have comfy, clean beds.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rosiedog187069
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This hotel is small and friendly with only 16 rooms. It is run fantastically well by Umit and Serap who do everything they can to make you feel welcome and to ensure that your holiday is a memorable one

The rooms are well set out have free air-conditioning and since my last visit have had new bathrooms fitted. The whole place including the pool is cleaned every day to a very high standard ,There is a small bar that has reasonable prices(no need for happy hour style gimmicks here).But the best thing about this place is the friendliness of the owners and the other guests. You are immediately welcomed by everyone as soon as you arrive.

My wife and I have visited this lovely hotel three times now, we always said that we would never go back to the same resort twice- never mind the same hotel! however, Dalyan and this part of Turkey has a lot to offer and you know exactly what you are getting at this hotel- a warm welcome, a spotlessly clean hotel and pool, plus a very nice Turkish breakfast. The other guests are always lovely as well!

The hotel is extremely good value for money- you book it direct with the owner through their own website.

1  Thank travelingtrimmer
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is getting repetitive but still needs saying - It's brilliant.

I e-mailed Umit in January to ensure a room was availabe and immediately booked flights - foolish me, by the time we flew Jet2's cost had reduced by over £200.

I do not regret this as I had to ensure there was space in this little bit of heaven !

What can I say that has not already been said - Umit & Serap are perfect hosts with nothing too much trouble, which reflects on all their guests who are equally friendly and return year on year.

Guests even e-mail each other to ensure their occupancy dates coincide - it's so friendly.

How then was there still a room or two unoccupied during our 3 week stay - I can only put it down to the credit crunch - foolish people - at a shade over £30 per room NOT person, including breakfast, it's a bargain.

It's spotlessly clean and tidy, friendly & relaxing, ample space by the pool with far too many restaurants in Dalyan serving brilliant food and everyone you meet is so friendly.

In order to ensure a room for our next vist, I take back everything I have previously said - but I can't, but I must, but I can't - Oh sod it - IT'S BRILLIANT & WE'LL BE BACK AGAIN & AGAIN.

Room Tip: Front Rooms overlook the pool, rear rooms overlook the garden with views of the mountains beyond.
1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 3 July 2012

If you're looking for a small, family run, warm, welcoming hotel look no further. Umit and his wife Serap run this hotel and make you feel incredibly welcome. My room was clean and tidy and well proportioned with a comfortable bed and brand new bathroom. The air conditioner worked well and was used a lot (it was v hot). The pool area has plenty of seating and loungers and a good size pool, there was also access to free wifi. It all has a very relaxed feel to it. My friends were staying up the road at the Keskin but spent most of their time here as they preferred it. Breakfast was simple and fresh and if you're not a fan of turkish breakfasts there was plenty of bread and jam to go around. There was no formal restaurant but snacks and quick meals were available all day and inexpensive. Its a quick walk to town by the main road or the riverside path where there are plenty of restaurant options and daytime activities. I was very sad to leave

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank james t
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This was our first stay at the Mehtap although we did visit in September to have a brief look around. We only returned home on Monday and are already planning to return in September if possible, if not definately next June 2013. I have always said that there is so much of the world to see that I would never return to the same place twice but with Dalyan and the Mehtap we have found our paradise. Umit and Serap are the loveliest of people you could meet. Our transfers from the airport were faultless and Umit was waiting at the gates to greet us and show us to our rooms. The rooms are simply but beautifully dressed and spotlessly clean. Breakfast is a buffet of lovely fresh salads, cheeses and bread and always something extra is cooked that is brought to your table. Josh meticulously cleans the pool everyday and hoses down the areas twice daily. The trees are laden with fruits and the garden full of vegetables and herbs. One day of our holiday Umit and his wife Serap and their children joined us and others at the hotel on a day trip to the waterfalls and it was like one big family outing. Such fun we had! The last night of our holiday the family prepared a turkish meal for eleven of us and we sat under the canapy and enjoyed home cooked soup...... so tasty...... Serap, I want that receipe! A mixed meze then beef, mashed potato and rice to die for and the the grand finale was the huge hollowed out water melon shaped like a basket overflowing with fruit and set alight with sparklers as it was brought to the table. What a wonderful evening we all had. And to Dalyan, well what scenery. You couldnt ask for more. The mountains, the lake, the river trips to Turtle Beach, breathtaking and only a 5 minute walk to the harbour and town where the locals are so friendly and trusting. One morning we popped into the newsagent to buy a paper and they didnt have change so they told us to just drop the money in again when we were passing! Serap gave me a gift on leaving of a bottle of peppers in oil that she was making and I cant wait to try them in 2 weeks when they will be ready. Our two week holiday wasnt enough, in fact I dont think I will ever tire of returning. They made us so welcome and next time I feel I will be returning to visit friends and not just staying in an hotel for a holiday. Cant wait to go back. Love to you all. Lee and Nick xx

2  Thank Lee1963
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Who would be an hotel owner? You spend a fortune on refurbishment, you receive wonderful reviews and you are achieve Trip Advisor awards for 2011 and 2012. Despite all this you still find yourself with some vacancies in July and August!
Thank you Umit and Serap for another wonderful holiday at the Mehtap. You always make your guests feel very special and we look forward to our next 3 weeks with you in September. It's amazing that having discovered the Mehtap 16 years ago, we still still can't wait for our bi-annual visits.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and Umit will always reply to any query you have so that you get the best roo...
3  Thank jilldec