“A Great Friendly Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 62 Hotels in Dalyan
LEICESTER ENGLAND (UK)
“A Great Friendly Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

We have just spent a fantastic 2 weeks (13th -27th July 2009) at the Mehtap Hotel Dalyan which is within a 10 minute slow walk to the town centre and a vast array of great riverside restaurants serving traditional Turkish and, if you wish, English cuisine.

The Mehtap Hotel is located in a quiet part of Dalyan with the mountains as a back drop. This charming, small and friendly hotel is managed by Umit who speaks very good English and his wife Serap. We found them both very welcoming and hospitable.

We had a room for three people with air conditioning, which was cleaned daily. The young lady who cleaned our room added an artist touch with regards to the way the fresh clean towels were folded and displayed on our beds in the shapes of swans surrounded by purple bougainvillea petals. Fantastic.

The swimming pool which like the rest of the hotel is kept very clean always had plenty of sun beds and umbrellas around its perimeter. If you require a drink or lunchtime snack from the hotel there is a shaded area of grape vines for you to sit under relaxing and contemplating out of the rays of the midday sun.

We stayed on a bed and breakfast bases as we enjoy eating out at the local restaurants, however evening meals are available from the Hotel if required. Do try Umit’s barbeque evening which we found to be very reasonable and a great way to talk and meet with the other hotel guests.

In addition to the above as a small and friendly hotel, myself, my wife and our 15 year old daughter met some lovely Dutch, Turkish and English people during our stay.

To conclude a great hotel which deserves its TripAdviser “Travellers Choice 2009” award. My wife, myself and our fifteen year old daughter would highly recommend the Mehtap Hotel, for its high standards, quality of service, friendliness and value.

We will be back !!!

Andrew, Jane & Laura Whitehouse. (Leicester, England)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank WHITEHOUSE1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Turkish first
Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

I've been with my friends for 10 days at Mehtap hotel in June 2009. For me it was the most charming hotel I've ever been. Umit and Serap are really friendly and warm people . We had a room at 'the pool side' and had a lovely view. The room was clean and breakfast was very nice. I certainly go back... Umit, if you read this... how are the cats? :-))

1 Thank alfatom
somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

Umit and Serap treated us like part of their family on our arrival. It was our 4th time in the Mehtap in June 2009 and will not be the last.We met up with people from previous holidays and enjoyed the company of others who no doubt will be going back to enjoy the delights of Dalyan. the surrouonding countryside, coast and Turkish people.Everyone receives the same personal attention from Umit Serap and their staff with plenty of laughter when trying to learn and use the Turkish language. The hotel is situated in a quiet area with a comfortable walk to the village which has more than enough amenities. The Mehtap is spotlessly clean both inside and out with simply furnished rooms. The Turkish breakfast is plentiful and lunchtime snacks and weekly barbercues good value for money. For the swimmers a super pool. Overall all the place to stay.

2 Thank richard1Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

It's all been said and everything reported previously is 100% correct.

The hotel was spotless and outside areas hosed down twice daily and the rooms were also cleaned daily. Mention must go to the maid who made up the beds occasionally festooning them with flowers and forming the towels into ornate shapes.

Umit, family and staff were all very attentive without being pushy and as previously stated, nothing was too much trouble.

The barbeque evenings were an excellent way of meeting fellow guests and the 3 courses represent good value for money, Breakfast is another communal meet-up and all nations get on famously despite the language differences.

Only 1 negative issue needs addressing and it is common to many hotels and that is the slippery surfaces in the bathroom when wet. A fellow guest suggested putting down a beach mat or similar and when brought to Umit's attention he did say he would address the problem - but I'm guessing perhaps next year.

Whould we go back - definately. "She who must be obeyed" and yours truely met some great people and even went on a couple of boat trips organised by regular guests, Mike & Carolyne.

A further thanks to Umit, family and staff - the only question now is not if but when we return.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike W
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2009

My partner and I returned to the Mehtap Hotel for the third time in just over a year. To say we had counted the days since our last visit was an understatement. The warmth of Umit and Seraps welcome is just the start of what is always an idyllic holiday. We were fortunate enough to meet up with old friends and make new. The atmosphere amongst the guests is always one of friendliness and a keenness to share in the beauties of this delightful place.

it is to their credit that Umit and Serap have been chosen as "Best budget Hotel in Turkey for 2009" they have most certainly earned the accolade.

One of my most enduring memories of this visit is watching a sixteen year old, an eight year old and four year old Kirim, Umit and Seraps son, playing happily together in the pool and, indeed , going off to town together. The cameradie they had belied age and language differentials.

1 Thank bensonSurrey
lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at the Mehtap with my 16 year old son this month and wanted to say what a lovely time we both had.

I found the hotel on trip advisor, read the reviews and wanted to stay. I had previously visited Dalyan and wanted to base myself there for my next trip to Turkey.

The Mehtap is a small, budget hotel. That is however all that is small and budget about this hotel. The service, the welcome, the friendliness and the attention Umit and Serap pay to their guests comfort and enjoyment is huge. My holiday plans changed at the last moment and thus my 16 year old accompanied me instead of my partner. Ordinarily I would have chosen a livlier hotel and resort if I were taking my family. However I need not have worried - my son loved his stay there!! The sheer friendliness of the staff and guests (many of whom are returnees) was such that it was impossible not to feel welcome and relaxed.

We will definetely be returning and I would have no hesitation in recommending the Mehtap to anyone considering a trip to Dalyan

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank mumof4Lincolnshire
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2009

i visited this hotel back in 01 and 02, just been reading the latest reviews and have been inspired to look at returning after spending the last six years holidaying in bodrum. when i visited it was run by kameron and his wife and his brother in law, kameron's son deniz alp was a little cutie, as was the hotel dog - moonlight! often wonder what happened to them and where they went, if anyone knows i would love to see some info on these dalyan reviews!
will certainly look at a return trip this september and see if it is still as relaxing. (i did not stay in june 2006 but it was the earliest dat that it would allow me to use)

• Stayed June 2006, travelled with friends