“Great holiday”
Review of Metin Hotel

Metin Hotel
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Dalyan
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Recently returned from Dalyan. Our 2nd stay at metin hotel and won't be our last. We booked direct which was straight forward by email thanks to the helpfulness of Nurten front desk . Airport transfers were arranged with hotel and we were collected from airport early hours of morning and shown directly to room we had asked for. No check in delays which we completed next day. Very clean hotel, comfortable rooms with mini bar re-stocked daily at basic drinks cost. All staff very friendly and helpful, Even had a freshly picked rose given to me early one morning whilst sitting on patio. Bar staff very friendly and bar food very good. Situated just off Main Street of Dalyan and 2 minutes from river and it's many boat trips and 2 excellent restaurants one next door and one across the road. Would not hesitate in recommending the Metin for a holiday base. Please let me know if I can be of more help if you are considering this hotel

5  Thank Suesteve58
Metin H, Ön Büro Müdürü at Metin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Reviewed 1 July 2014

having been to the metin 17 times my wife and i never get fed up of going back,the friendly staff and management ,the cleanliness of the whole hotel,and the proximity with it being a stone throw from the village center,can,t wait for next may when we go back with my son and his family for his 40th love the METIN x

Room Tip: the rooms facing the pool are best
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank onur123

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Excellent hotel....stayed in May this year. Very clean and comfortable and the food is really really good. The staff are amazing nothing is too much trouble for them. I was poorly and the staff sorted out a doctor for me and even took me to see the doctor and waited whilst I was seen. Returning again in October and I can't wait. Thank you guys.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Clare W

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just come back from a week with my wife to the Metin hotel in Turkey. Upon arrival we were greated with a good welcome from the very friendly manager/owner who led us to the top of block b..room 302. The room was small but adequate for our needs...but a little dated. This was our 1 st time in Turkey so I am unsure of standards of rooms but if this the standard of 3star then need to look higher. The balcony was too small to sit out and the view wasn't too good either.The pine clad ceiling dated the room. The attempts at reprinting the room was below standard I would of expected. The light over the mirror did not work ,neither did the hair dryer ( after mentioning he hair dryer did not work ,they hurriedly went to get us one...many thanks) but the light did not work all week. Anyone with mobility problems ,this room is on the 3rd floor and may cause problems. The beds were comfortable but on the first night I had to brush off what appeared to be cigarette ash off the dated cover. There was a mini fridge on the floor but no bottle opener to have any of the drinks..to be fair I never asked for one either. The very small safe in the wardrobe was an extra at £1 a day....something I have never day to pay for in any hotel I have ever stayed as the cost of £4 per day for the air conditioning, another extra you may need to consider when booking. The bathroom was small but ok but there was never any hot water in the morning but plenty in the evening( a problem we reported but nothing done about).There were not enough plug points in the room either ...in a modern society with phones/ cameras/ iPads to charge there was 1 in the bedroom ,1 in the bathroom unless you unplugged the fridge,tv or air conditioning?
We booked late so don't know if that made any difference? We booked bed and breakfast. The food was ok for breakfast but for the last 3 days there was no orange, which was replaced with black current and on the last day no lemon either. We werent early risers but please can you make sure things like this are looked at..most people prefer orange. On a couple of occasions there were no omelettes left but when asked for these were cooked fresh. 1 day the omelettes were cold. But breakfast on the whole was ok...plenty of fresh melon and cereal etc... The evening meals were about £7 for 3 courses ...great value and people seemed to like them..the only opinion I was told it was very limited...but for £7 what do you expect?
The pool was good and never overcrowded with plenty of sun loungers and I cannot remember a day when we didn't have somewhere to lay...

If I seem to be knocking this hotel then my standards may be aimed a little higher But the staff are great and really care you have a good time. I read the reviews and expected much better...If you want a basic hotel in a great location ...only 50 ft to the main street...then this will suit you!

The resort is fantastic ,the food is great ,as we're the great value trips. ......thank you guys for a great week ,...we will return. But sadly ,maybe to a different hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on levels 1 and 2 are bigger and better!
1  Thank MrTaylor1501

Reviewed 24 June 2014

have stayed in Dalyan a number of years, basically staying at the same hotel, this year I couldn't stay there so I chose to stay at the Metin .... ok ..... read the reviews, some glowing, some with people coming back every year .... other not so good, but, I thought I would make my own mind up
So off I go .... arrive at hotel, no greeting at first, reception empty, owner comes from out back due to having lunch, book in, young guy hauls case up 3 flights of stairs .... I nearly trip over the entrance to room as raised ledge into room then drop down .... I am in the attic ok for one person I would think with the smallest space to sit and look at roof tops :-)
The wet room, with sink, toilet and shower had been retouched with blue paint in the grouting, there were still impressions of sticky bathroom add ons and the sink reminded me of a water trough, no little touches other than soap dispensers (aka Travelodge)
Beware if you are like me and an early riser there are no teamaking facilities, and if you ask is there anywhere you can make one the answer is no same answer if your towels need changing, as they only replace every 3 days !!
Breakfast is over in another block, so a nice trek down flights of stairs, then up the other side for me, (I am sure this is to get you to eat more) ....... and this is really nice if you enjoy quarter omelettes, various olives, nescafe, and teas
Dinner I didn't eat there until the last two days, and surprisingly I enjoyed them both ........
Don't get me wrong, the place is ok if you like central to town, basics, and crowding round pool (remember to book your sunbed with towel and book)
Lots of people return each year, the person on reception is chatty, cleaners polite also
Down sides...... no tea making facilities, changing on linen and towels, living in the roof with lovely view of roof tops and smells of cooking,
Plus side .... met nice people, Hussain the rep with TC so helpful,
Recommend .... unsure ......

Room Tip: if you can always get a pool view, low to ground as those stairs are killers, and remember breakfast...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sas03_12
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Not long back from a 10 night stay at the Metin Hotel, which is very central to all bars, restaurants, and the canal, didn't have a meal in the hotel so cannot comment. The breakfast was very good , omelettes every day with a good choice of salads and cereals, couldn't fault it. Pool area very nice with plenty of sun beds, would have preferred to have paid at the pool bar rather than pay with your card. Rooms were very bright and clean, we stayed on the first floor with a street view, a pool view may have been better but the time you spend in your room it wasn't a problem, it was too hot to sit on it if you had he sun, the maids came in every day and did a great job. All staff were very polite and obliging. This was our 2nd time in Dalyan, first at Metin, if we do return I would consider coming back to the Metin

Room Tip: A room with a pool view would be nice but not essential, depending how long you spend in your room.
2  Thank happylarry2

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Arrived through the night owner was there to greet us ,check in was fast ,rooms where delightful spotlessly clean ,lovely fresh Turkish breakfast .all the staff were very helpful and friendly and nothing was a bother for them ,lovely swimming pool and plenty of sun beds ,got the usual Germans 2 mattresses on their beds ,but still plenty for everyone ,position of the Hotel was ideal just round the corner from the Main Street but so quiet on a night time ,had a most enjoyable time at this Hotel ,if ever in Dalyan again this is where I would hope to stay .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple