“My second home”

Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Dalyan
Swansea, United Kingdom
“My second home”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've been going to the Kilim twice a year for the last 8 years and now spend at least 3 months a year there. I think that says it all. I have stayed in many hotels in my life and the Kilim is the best all round place to stay. The high percentage of returnees is the highest I've ever seen. The owners and staff are first rate, They make all visitors feel at home, you are treated as a person not a number. Many people ask me "why do I keep going back to Dalyan"? The answer is the Kilim. Dalyan is a great place and the people are really nice. The Kilim is the honey that draws me back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank UncleTerry14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We definitely made sure we got our Kilim 'fix' this year by being their first guests of the season!
As always so welcoming with excellent service and facilities all expertly overseen by Becky and Emrah. Our fourth visit and already planning when to go next year!
Cleanliness is of the highest standard, laundry service is speedy and excellent and the food is to die for - we ate there most days - we never tire of it!
I had trouble making my son lock the room when he left it - indeed even to get him to shut the door as he left was difficult - he felt so at home he treated it like his bedroom at home!
We also had the chance of the first trip of the season on the Lemon Lounge Boat - well recommended by Becky and Emrah - the trip did not disappoint. If you get the chance do go on one of these trips - Becky can advise you.
I had a small accident when there and Emrah helped me to get medical care, he was so attentive and it would have been so much more stressful without his help and support.
Friends indeed!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Hipposunday
Sittard, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed in Kilim end of September 2013. For us the 3rd time in one and a half year. This time the hotel was nearly fully booked and we were a bit afraid that it would be too crowded in the breakfast area or at the swimmingpool or in the garden at the Riverside. But it worked out perfect.
The room is basic and clean. We love the breakfast, fresh lunch salads, the BBQ and the curry-evening with live music from the owners Becky and Emrah together with other guitar playing guests.
Becky, Emrah and their staff give you a warm feeling, they make your stay warm, pleasant and comfortable. Also for relaxing there is 3 times a week a sportclass (for all ages and all muscles will be used) and Becky can also arrange a lovely massage on the roof terrace of the hotel by Maria or Barbara.
From the hotel it is a 10 minutes walk to the centre. If you want to go to the beach by boat, they can pick you up at the Riverside. From there you have a very nice view of thombe rocks.
It's such a nice place to stay, that we were hesitant to write a review earlier. The people who stay here are nice to talk with and many friendships started here. It feels like a big familly. You can join your meals together and share your daytrip experiences and there is also place enough if you want to be alone.
Dalyan is a nice place for if you like to walk or bike in the nature. The beatifull turtle beach can be visited by bus or boat. The mud baths in the lake are special. And walking through Kaunos makes you feel small.
Dear Becky, Emrah and the angels of your staff, thanks you very much again for our great stay in Kilim! Many greetings and a big hug from Peter, Pieter and Leonie

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank LeoniePeter
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I would love to return to Dalyan just to come back to Kilim hotel. Becky gave us tbe best advice about what to do, and how. She doesn't try to sell/recommend you tours that are not worth it, and warned us against the ones that harm the environment, like the turtles tours... The tourism scene in countries like Turkey would be better and more ethical with more people like her!
The atmosphere is relaxed, and feels like a haven, as Dalyan is a very touristy place. There's a pool (with some great inflatables!), pilates classes, best view on the Lycian tombs, best access to Kaunos, a nice breakfast, and, last but not least, 3 lovely cats! The only thing on which I could be critical is the tomato and cheese sandwich I ordered, which was full of really unnecessary mayo and ketchup. But, on the other hand, breakfast is very nice and healthy! So don't look anywhere else and book in advance, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JulieInLondon
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Great hotel lovely people, no need to look anywhere else. Becky will arrange river excursions and advise you where to spend time. I was poorly when I was there . She looked after me gave me special food and lovely sage tea. Miss it already.Thankyou Louise for taking me

Room Tip: They have 4 lovely river garden rooms, very quiet and a step to the river opposite the tombs a wow f...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dartford
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was our third stay at The Kilim and as wonderful as ever. Becky & Emrah really do make
each & every guest feel special and their hospitality is second to none. As has been said the rooms are basic but clean & comfortable and the pool and bar area is a delight. The jetty which has several sun beds and a shady area for chilling is a favourite spot of ours as my husband can spend a few hours fishing while i read. Our favourite day on this holiday was a day trip out on a boat arranged and accompanied by Becky, and i even ventured into the water all be it with a noodle. The lunch on board was tremendous. Should you choose to eat at the Kilim in the evening the food is fresh and delicious. We have enjoyed the company of some lovely people and are looking forward to our return next June when we are taking friends with us to enjoy The Kilim experience. Thanks again Becky & Emrah.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewLindyLou
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We have just returned from our first visit to Turkey & have fallen in love with the town of Dalyan & the Turkish people but what made our holiday was the Kilim Hotel. The rooms, pool & grounds were scrupulously clean, the food was fresh and well cooked to order & the special BBQ evenings a delight. I could go on but I think the fact that within 4 days of returning home we had booked to go again next year - despite the fact that we don't usually return to the same place speaks for itself. I would like to thank Kilim's amazing owners, Becky & Emrah for making our holiday so enjoyable. They really do care about your holiday and do everything to make it a great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple