“Dalyan Dentist Mr Hayrettin”
Review of Dalyan

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Wirral, Merseyside
10 helpful votes
“Dalyan Dentist Mr Hayrettin”
Reviewed 1 September 2010

If any of you while travelling have encoutered tooth problems it can spoil your holiday.

Whilst visiting Dalyan in 2007 for 2 week I broke a tooth eating a sweet. I just thought I would tough it out until I got home. In the end I could stand it no more and was directed to Mr Hayrettin the local dentist in the town.

To sort my problem out was a fair size job and I knew this in my own mind before I went to see him. He sorted me a double crowned bride within 36 hours.He was so gentle and made me feel relaxed throughout the entire sessions. This problem back home would normally take weeks to complete on the NHS.

Today we are still very good friends and go to dalayan at least 3 times a year. I always I get my checks ups done with him. So if you are in need of a dentice please call in and see him.

Paul Whittle Still smiling bright.

3 Thank paulster_10
S Wales
18 helpful votes
“Paradise Re-discovered Dalyan a True Turkish Delight”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Our family of five have just returned from a Turkish Paradise a true Delight in every sense of the word - Dalyan.

A little apprehensive we admit initially but once in the swing of Turkish custom and hospitality the holiday was a winner. We took a 10 day hire of a villa via UK firm. 5 minutes from the town square. We found a town mixing old and new totally focussed on customer service and satisfaction. No worries with the language - the locals all excel in English but really appreciate your attempts to talk their colourful language.

The town sits on the river Dalyan - mid way between a huge freshwater lake and the sea. Location for African Queen. Transport is best by boat (Co-operative of local people) - slowly embracing renewable energy. An experience all ways round. The beach is the main nature reserve down to native turtles and is 50 mins from Dalyan by boat. Very little to do on the beach - old fashioned swimming, walks and sunbathing. No loud music, restuarants or bars - FANTASTIC.

The town offers food for all tastes - every conceivable palate is catered for. Prices suit all pockets too. Our 3 children had no problem finding sustinance.

Family friendly this is NO PLACE for those seeking all night drinking and disco (with all that entails). No big hotels - HURRAY !

Highlights : Bistro Blue - Turkish/European fusion and bar. Superb quality and attentive "family" of staff. Sun Ray Bar and sister Venus Bar - chic extreme. Ottomon Bar - quiet cocktails. Ley Ley - 10 mins from town ( free transport) - Turkish entertainment in superb nature park settings. Many atttractions / trips - history, nature,fun - well organised and economic.

Avoid - Pop In Fun Bar after dark ! Great food and attentive staff, then it is taken too far. Loud music - insensitive dancing (local staff) - dangerous use of fireworks more Marmaris than Dalyan.

1 Thank PBonTour
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 helpful votes
“Villa Jamara”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Stayed three times now in Villa Jamara, it is a 5 minute walk into the centre of Dalyan. A beautifully equipped villa but feels like a home from home - everything you would want in your villa. Even has four mountain bikes for guests to use. Villa is near other villas but you really are quite private. Owners very helpful and they arrange the transfers - about 25 minutes from the Dalaman airport. So much to see and do in Dalyan. Lots of restaurants to choose from. Plenty of water sports and trips available from Dalyan. Have usually gone at the end of the season but still lots of places open and the locals very friendly.

road town
“great time in dalyan”
Reviewed 30 July 2010

.i have been dalyan last week and enjoyed so much. especially the foods really good.we had a wonderful time there had been turtle beach nearly half of holiday.also we had been some tours with sunflowers travel acency had wonderful tours by seeing more about turkey...i missed there so much and will go again october...

Manchester, United Kingdom
201 helpful votes
“Another superb 2 weeks in Dalyan”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Much like many other reviews of Dalyan on here, I don't have a bad word to say about it..

My partner and our little one are just back from a fantastic 2 weeks, week 1 spent at the Kilim for a family wedding and week 2 at Villa Dolunay Apts, just the 3 of us.. both were perfect for the occasion.

Dalyan never ceases to amaze me for its natural beauty, friendliness, great food, day trips and overall fantastic atmosphere.. yet again we didn't have one bad meal and surprisingly I would say the best steak we had was at Chef's Steakhouse, hardly a name to get you going and it's almost Dalyan's answer to TGI's.. but it's superb.

Once again the Daily Boat Trip was a cracking day out and I would also advise any visitor to seek out the 'Olive Lounge' boat in the harbour at night and book a day trip with its captain.. a great day out visiting and swimming in coves and bays you wouldn't know existed.. they also serve up a great BBQ and a late afternoon dessert..

A special mention to the Dolunay Apts who in my review I may have done a dis-service last September in saying it's brilliant but basic.. Gokhan and his family have spent a lot of money on new furniture, apartments and windows etc and it's an even better place to stay.

I'm sure this review is echoed by most visitors, however I just wanted to put my thoughts on Dalyan etc in writing.. my partner and I think we may visit somewhere else next Summer but when push comes to shove, I'm sure Dalyan will be considered once more for sure..

Been to Dalyan? Share your experiences!