“Welcome pit stop on the main street”
Review of Zekeriya Sofrasi

Zekeriya Sofrasi
Ranked #9 of 135 Restaurants in Datca
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Ate here five times during our 8 days in Datca. Very nice atmosphere, good quality traditional food with very low cost. Friendly service and pleasant outlook at the passing parade. Some may complain about being on a busy street but all over the Med I find it endlessly fascinating to watch the world go by.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a simple cafe-type restaurant. Belly up to the counter to order a variety of well-cooked Turkish dishes that evidently vary from day-to-day, e.g, lamb shank cooked in a clear broth; grilled aubergine; spiced meat balls etc. After ordering at the counter, you carry your plates to the table. According to our local guide, it is the most authentic Turkish restaurant in this port town and it is clearly a favourite of the local business people who pop in for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I am not an expert on Turkish food but my Turkish wife tells me when we eat here that the food here is very good.
you can dine in the newly refurbished restaurant or dine on the street and watch the world go by,
Excellent food, excellent service and a good price.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I ate here in this Lokanta almost every night. There is a good variety of food to chose from. You can check out whats cooking before ordering and the friendly staff are always ready to help.
No alcohol but they do some lovely Turkish puddings.
There are tables on the pavement and inside too looking out onto the street.
Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I sail often to Datca and stop by this restaurant for lunches. I was here for lunch two days in a row, August 13 & 14th, 2013, and for dinner on June 12, 2013.

The restaurant presents food as some do in Turkey: you go and see "what's cooking in the kitchen" with the dishes in their pots behind a glass divide. You pick and choose what you want, then sit down and tell the waiter--or take it yourself back to your table. There are tables inside and also some tables outside on the street.

It's always crowded and locals also frequent it--telling you that it's good. Each day the choice is different depending on what vegetables are in season. I've even had spaghetti here.

I have never had a bad dish! I'm not sure what the bad reviews are talking about, for my husband is very picky about food and, as a Turk, he knows the cuisine. He enjoys it also. No alcoholic beverages are served.

The owners and help are very friendly. The prices very low--$10 USD max. I'll continue to eat here when I visit Datca.