“Exellent Diving School” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Boom Diving

Al Boom Diving
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Fujairah
More attraction details
Owner description: Al Boom Diving has PADI IDC Centres in Dubai in Atlantis The Palm; in Jumeriah 1; Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo and in the Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa; in Fujairah at Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort; and in Dibba Musandam. Daily diving with transport with our bus fleet, from Dubai to at all of our locations is available.
London, United Kingdom
“Exellent Diving School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Just come back from a stay at the meridien hotel which was a great hotel. My wife is very fussy about everything but she was happy with the room and everywhere was extremely clean. Food was good and a nice range and the pool area was very good and maintained well and very safe for kids. I also like to dive and went along to Al boom diving. The service and welcome I received from the team was first class they were extremely friendly and nothing was ever too much trouble. The manager Bruce was very good and accommodating and always on hand which was good. it was all kept spotless as well and all the kit was maintained to a very high standard. It was always safety safety safety first and ensuring all customers and their safety were put first. I dived on a number of occasions with Ceri and she was very pleasant and kind but extremely professional at her job and ensuring that everyone was ok at all times. I also went to musandam. Ceri was also in charge of the boat and there was a number of safety briefings given by Ceri and then she asked the dive instructors to give their own briefing too. Nobody was allowed to dive unless all kit was checked and each team had been briefed. They made it all so pleasurable and on the way they were also on hand to talk too and when we got back at night al boom dive team were waiting to take all equipment back. The service again was extremely good. I would like to thank Bruce for having such a good team and to pass on my thanks especially to Ceri for making it such pleasurable diving and the team for there great work. Also I believe it's Ange?? The reception lady she was very nice and always smiling!

• Arabic first
Norwich, United Kingdom
“The best time you can have in a wet suit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

The best experience I could have ever hoped for. I did my open water course at Al Aqah with Al boom diving. The guys that run the dive school Bruce and Ceri (a pair of lovely mad scots) were just incredibly helpful and such a lovely friendly couple. From them on down I felt looked after and truly safe. They and their team were fantastic. I was very apprehensive about diving but felt in the safest hands. The instructors and the boat crew helped and encouraged me. They gave me the confidence to get my open water. By the end of my time I felt like I was part of a family. Everything was well organised, from the bus in Dubai to the gear set out with my name tag on it. If I was standing looking a bit lost at any time, someone normally Ceri or Bruce would come help me out. This was one of the best trips of my life. If you want to learn to dive go talk with Bruce and Ceri; two of the nicest people you could hope to meet. The memories of the diving there will stay with me for life.

Visited June 2013
AlBoomDiver, Front Office Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Tony B

Thank you for taking the time to report on Trip Adviser about your recent visit. Its great when guests give up their own time to recommend something.

We have spent a lot of effort in ensuring that our guests are well looked after and from your words, I hope that we did our job well. The two Scots (Ceri and Bruce), are infectious and love spending time with our guests, new and old, helping them and assisting them to challenge themselves. I don't know about mad, but certainly loopy at times, their experience and knowledge is being passed on to all our staff, and that helps to the whole experience.

We do hope that you continue diving, and continue your personal challenge.

Welcome to the Al Boom family Tony B

Safe bubbles
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
152 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 184 helpful votes
“Good Diving not Great Diving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

This review covers Al Boom across a number of sights and locations. I have dived with them 4 times, Jameria Beach (avoid), the Aquarium (excellent), Fujairah (OK), Musadaman Oman - best of all. If you are staying in Dubai and heading East be prepared for a long day bu minibus and an early start. I have noticed that the professionalism has improved dramatically since my first trip with this last one the best ever. Equipment for rent seems in better condition and guides and DMs seem more interested. The dives are not particularly challenging, viz can be variable but its warm and sunny! Whatever your qualification level, give them a call.

Visited June 2013
AlBoomDiver, Front Office Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear Stuart

Thank you so much for taking time to add a review about Al Boom Diving. We appreciate all comments, and when they are positive we like to share with the staff.

The dive sites we use in Fujairah are based around diver qualifications and weather. If they were not very challenging - next time please let us know and we will look to give you a different experience. We are re-opening sites along the coast and we would love you to experience these.

I think you have caught the essence of the staff very well. We are investing more and more time with the guys - and girls - looking to help them improve the experience for our guests. It is an ongoing programme to work toward excellence and it looks to be paying off. Our guests are the most important element of our business.

Thanks again for your comments - when you return, I hope you will see further improvement.

Safe bubbles

Bruce
Breda, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best diving school in Dubai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Me and my classmate did a 2 hours course in the swimming pool and a dive in the aquarium of the aqua park next door. It was part of a school project and Al Boom was really helpful by filming during the aquarium dive. Special thanks to our instructor Mo and Dorothy for all the help during reservation!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Martijn V
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“pretty bad and generally disorganised creating a lack of trust”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

in short the finer details, communication and planning was very poor. we 3 came from Dubai for a day diving. Emails would go days without a reply, and i still have had no reply on some emails.., when i rang there was confusion about pick up etc... in fact the pick up time was misquoted and only by ringing and double checking again the night before did we get the right time. the driver was friendly enough. We were sat on the boat for about 30-60 mins because no equipment was there, tanks arrived but they didnt send the rest of the kit on the same truck so they had to go back again.

the on boat experience was mixed, poor management of the equipt and one of our divers dived realising they only had 20 bar (boat crew didnt check equipt and only changed some tanks between dives and buddy checks were not encouraged) [that diver was of course responsible for doing the self check and responsibility shouldn't be passed on] . the other divers became so concerned about the planning and safety that we actually analysed the O2 tank to ensure it was 100%, finding out it was 100 but not a full tank.

The dive masters knew their way around the sitse and were relatively good at pointing out life and things to look for.

when leaving the final dive we spent 20 mins whilst the crew collected the hire kit and checked it in, instead of just sailing back and dealing with that at the harbour, if it wasnt on the boat at that point im not sure anyone was diving back in to get it! the focus certainly felt on the kit and not on the customer.

if this is a sign of diving centres in these areas then i wont be planning more dives in this area. to learn they are 5* padi is simply a bad example of padi centre standards.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Kings74
AlBoomDiver, Front Office Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Sir

I must apologise for what seems to be have been a very bad day. I cannot comment about the earlier communication from our all centre staff in Dubai and I will ask our Call Centre manager to contact you directly.

With regard to the kit not being there - this was down to an oversight by senior Instructors in or Al Aqah operation. We were advised to make up the kit for divers on the Mussandam speedboat, but he forgot. Simple as that and no excuses. On arrival at the harbor, rather than contact the centre here, the staff there called on one of our local Dive Centre partners for assistance which then took time to assist. The equipment was made up by that time and we were en route to the border when we got a call saying that the problem was resolved.

Our tanks are filled on a dally basis and it appears that one of the empty tanks was collected rather than a full one. Again a simple error that should have been averted but wasn't. The O2 tank again was not checked. All in all this has been a day full of errors which does not happen, and we have taken steps to ensure it never happens again,

We are extremely proud of our record of safety and we will investigate ore. It is NOT like us to screw up this badly. I will get back to you when I hve had the chance to interview all staff concerned.

Please bear with me and give me the opportunity to put things rght.

Kind regards