“"Can you look after 25 bankers?" "no problem sir" - and it wasn't!”
Review of Al Boom Diving

Al Boom Diving
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Fujairah
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive into adventure with Al Boom Diving, the leading diving and watersports specialist in the U.A.E. Al Boom Diving was established in 1995 and has become a household name with a reputation for excellent service. Discover our five star operations in pristine diving locations from the stunning reefs in the Indian Ocean in Al Aqah, Fujairah, to the majestic fjords of the Musandam. We also offer diving in the spectacular Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. What makes us unique is undoubtedly our team of friendly, talented and professional people from all over the world. Our multi-lingual instructors ensure that diving is fun and safe. Our staff have a down to earth warmth which has earned them a reputation for being authentic, and as many guests tell us, “soul”. In fact, going the extra mile is the hallmark at Al Boom Diving. Divers really appreciate that all equipment is carried on board our dive boats and help is at hand for assembling equipment at all times for hassle-free diving. Our fleet of dive boats are comfortable, with shading and refreshments for maximum enjoyment. We have a specialist in-house maintenance team who are constantly checking boats and equipment to ensure the smooth running of operations. We are proud of our exemplary safety record. At Al Boom Diving, safety is sacrosanct. We never compromise on safety. We have a state of the art workshop where all equipment is serviced to the highest standards. Al Boom Diving also provides the maximum level of insurance cover so our guests can relax, knowing they are taken care of. Al Boom Diving offers unparalleled diving in the best locations in the U.A.E. and Oman every day of the year. For certified divers, we offer boat dives off the stunning reefs in Al Aqah where divers will see teeming marine life including spectacular reef fish, turtles and with a little luck, reef sharks and whale sharks. Al Aqah is our most popular dive destination with reefs including the Martini Rock, Snoopy Island and Dibba Rock as well as two fantastic wrecks. Our commitment to conservation led us to create an artificial reef with our unique Reef Balls Project, which is a valuable ecosystem and a source of scientific research for schools. Guests can also enjoy a 25% discount at the Gonu Bar which is a great place to sit back and relax, right on the beach. Form our more energetic guests, we offer exhilarating watersports and parasailing. Day trips to Al Aqah are great days out. We regularly have dhow trips on the Musandam, which is probably the best diving in the region. Guests love the experience of a traditional dhow, with all the added comfort of ensuite cabins with air conditioning. The on-board hospitality is legendary. For certified divers seeking real adventure, we can offer the thrill of diving with sharks in the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. Get up close and personal with shark species including Sand Tiger and Nurse sharks. Don’t worry, they are perfectly safe! Seeing these magnificent creatures at close range is breath taking. It really is the experience of a life time and creates an understanding of why protecting these ultimate predators is so important. Take the plunge and come face to face with 700 pounds of lean muscle, 300 razor sharp teeth and 100 million years’ worth of evolution. These sharks are waiting for you. It’s perfectly safe, and it’s definitely breath taking. There aren’t many dives around the world that will guarantee you sightings of over 300 sharks and rays all at once. But the Dubai Aquarium can. For those seeking to take the plunge and learn to dive, Al Boom Diving certifies more PADI divers annually than any other school in the G.C.C. taught by the largest team of PADI professionals in the UAE. Teaching is conducted at our purpose built Aqua Center on Al Wasl Road, Jumeriah, in climate controlled pools for added comfort. Open Water dives take place in Dubai and off the stunning reefs in Fujairah. We are renowned for teaching everyone from complete novices to instructors. We also provide transport on our fleet of dedicated buses. Booking diving trips with Al boom Diving couldn’t be easier. We have a dedicated call center which is open 365 days of the year where our friendly team will help you find the perfect diving or snorkeling experience.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I learned to dive with ceri and Bruce and their team last month, I had such an amazing experience that I organised a private charter and their dive crew to look after 25 of my colleagues at HSBC for a fun weekend. I can only begin to imagine the logistical nightmare we posed. Some were advanced wanting a deep wreck dives, others were Open Water and wanted pleasure dives, and 11 had never dived before and wanted to try the discover scuba session which would involve a morning of pool work and an afternoon dive!

When we arrived everyone's gear was in order, sized and put in kit bags with each one named. We did a deep wreck dive first, followed by a visit to Sharm then a trip to Dibba with the discover scuba guys, but because some of the earlier divers had opted to have lunch and missed out on a dive the crew did not hesitate to take the boat out for a 4th time to Snoopy to allow them to have another dive and for some non divers to do more snorkelling. Totally above and beyond what was expected! The crew could not do enough for us!

The discover scuba divers had a fantastic and safe dive, many are now preparing a return visit to do their open water. And others I know are looking to advance their skills. The drinks and lunch at Gonu Bar at Le Meridian was the icing on the cake.

I admit the diving isn't great but what it lacks in the quality of the Maldives it makes up for it hugely with the enthusiasm and dedication of the crew.

We will all be back in a month for another adventure and I intend to work with Ceri and Bruce to put on monthly dive & social events for our colleague and their friends and family.

Al Boom in Al Aqaa will ALWAYS have my support whilst Ceri and Bruce are at the helm.

1  Thank Kevin M
AlBoomDiver, Front Office Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Kevin M
Thank you for taking the time to review Al Boom Diving. My apologies for not posting this reply sooner.
It would be easy to say "Its what we do", but its what we like doing. Mixed group of all dive levels,
confidence levels, timings being different and logistics - all things that we worked hard to ensure we covered for you and your colleagues.
But we had to make sure it was fun - fun for you guys and fun for our staff.
And we loved having you. From a personal point, thank you for your kind words about Ceri and I. We have worked hard, taking our business experiences to develop what was a good team into what I hope you saw as a GREAT team.

We stressed, we worried, we worked hard, and we had so much fun being part of your teams day out.
We look forward to having you all again, and who knows one day we may ALL be able to dive together.
Bruce

There are newer reviews for Al Boom Diving

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Just come back from a stay at the meridien hotel which was a great hotel. My wife is very fussy about everything but she was happy with the room and everywhere was extremely clean. Food was good and a nice range and the pool area was very good and maintained well and very safe for kids. I also like to dive and went along to Al boom diving. The service and welcome I received from the team was first class they were extremely friendly and nothing was ever too much trouble. The manager Bruce was very good and accommodating and always on hand which was good. it was all kept spotless as well and all the kit was maintained to a very high standard. It was always safety safety safety first and ensuring all customers and their safety were put first. I dived on a number of occasions with Ceri and she was very pleasant and kind but extremely professional at her job and ensuring that everyone was ok at all times. I also went to musandam. Ceri was also in charge of the boat and there was a number of safety briefings given by Ceri and then she asked the dive instructors to give their own briefing too. Nobody was allowed to dive unless all kit was checked and each team had been briefed. They made it all so pleasurable and on the way they were also on hand to talk too and when we got back at night al boom dive team were waiting to take all equipment back. The service again was extremely good. I would like to thank Bruce for having such a good team and to pass on my thanks especially to Ceri for making it such pleasurable diving and the team for there great work. Also I believe it's Ange?? The reception lady she was very nice and always smiling!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

The best experience I could have ever hoped for. I did my open water course at Al Aqah with Al boom diving. The guys that run the dive school Bruce and Ceri (a pair of lovely mad scots) were just incredibly helpful and such a lovely friendly couple. From them on down I felt looked after and truly safe. They and their team were fantastic. I was very apprehensive about diving but felt in the safest hands. The instructors and the boat crew helped and encouraged me. They gave me the confidence to get my open water. By the end of my time I felt like I was part of a family. Everything was well organised, from the bus in Dubai to the gear set out with my name tag on it. If I was standing looking a bit lost at any time, someone normally Ceri or Bruce would come help me out. This was one of the best trips of my life. If you want to learn to dive go talk with Bruce and Ceri; two of the nicest people you could hope to meet. The memories of the diving there will stay with me for life.

AlBoomDiver, Front Office Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Tony B

Thank you for taking the time to report on Trip Adviser about your recent visit. Its great when guests give up their own time to recommend something.

We have spent a lot of effort in ensuring that our guests are well looked after and from your words, I hope that we did our job well. The two Scots (Ceri and Bruce), are infectious and love spending time with our guests, new and old, helping them and assisting them to challenge themselves. I don't know about mad, but certainly loopy at times, their experience and knowledge is being passed on to all our staff, and that helps to the whole experience.

We do hope that you continue diving, and continue your personal challenge.

Welcome to the Al Boom family Tony B

Reviewed 13 June 2013

This review covers Al Boom across a number of sights and locations. I have dived with them 4 times, Jameria Beach (avoid), the Aquarium (excellent), Fujairah (OK), Musadaman Oman - best of all. If you are staying in Dubai and heading East be prepared for a long day bu minibus and an early start. I have noticed that the professionalism has improved dramatically since my first trip with this last one the best ever. Equipment for rent seems in better condition and guides and DMs seem more interested. The dives are not particularly challenging, viz can be variable but its warm and sunny! Whatever your qualification level, give them a call.

AlBoomDiver, Front Office Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Stuart

Thank you so much for taking time to add a review about Al Boom Diving. We appreciate all comments, and when they are positive we like to share with the staff.

The dive sites we use in Fujairah are based around diver qualifications and weather. If they were not very challenging - next time please let us know and we will look to give you a different experience. We are re-opening sites along the coast and we would love you to experience these.

I think you have caught the essence of the staff very well. We are investing more and more time with the guys - and girls - looking to help them improve the experience for our guests. It is an ongoing programme to work toward excellence and it looks to be paying off. Our guests are the most important element of our business.

Thanks again for your comments - when you return, I hope you will see further improvement.

Bruce

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Me and my classmate did a 2 hours course in the swimming pool and a dive in the aquarium of the aqua park next door. It was part of a school project and Al Boom was really helpful by filming during the aquarium dive. Special thanks to our instructor Mo and Dorothy for all the help during reservation!

1  Thank Martijn V