“Thorough and professional, a totally solid team.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Boom Diving

Al Boom Diving
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Fujairah
More attraction details
Owner description: Al Boom Diving has PADI IDC Centres in Dubai in Atlantis The Palm; in Jumeriah 1; Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo and in the Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa; in Fujairah at Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort; and in Dibba Musandam. Daily diving with transport with our bus fleet, from Dubai to at all of our locations is available.
London, England, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Thorough and professional, a totally solid team.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I recently had a brief holiday in dubai staying at the jumeirah zabeel saray on the palm. My hotel didn't offer any dives on the days we where staying so I opted to look else where, I am soo glad we did!
Coming to dubai for the first time I knew nothing about its location transport links etc so contacted al boom regarding a days diving, they could not be more patient and helpful if they tried!!
They arranged collection from my hotel a fair drive away from their main shop and a very polite timely gent collected us with no fuss as agreed early in the morning. We where then driven to the main shop to collect some air bottles and a couple of other customers then headed off to the site in Fujairah in the east of dubai.
When we arrived all our equipment was laid out for us to check and we met the crew who where all very polite and professional.
I honestly felt safe and looked after from beginning to end, they sorted everything out for us and made us feel very welcome.
The diving was fantastic! The sea was literally teaming with wildlife and I cannot wait to go back!
I'd recommend them highly as they are as safe and professional as any team I have seen anywhere in the world, can't wait to return next year for a longer visit,
Kind regards,
David wilson

Visited August 2013
2 Thank daverave69
AlBoomDiver, Contact Centre Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Hi David Wilson,

Thank you so much for the positive review. We appreciate your feedback.
It's good to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Dubai and especially your dive experience with us. All our staff strive hard to provide the best service possible. It gives so much joy to know that our efforts are recognized.

We hope to have you here again.

All the best,
Dorothy

• Arabic first
St Cleer, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Easy Diving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We were staying in Dubai and travled to Fujairah for a 2 tank dive. We dived on Martini Rock and Dibba Rock. The journey from Dubai was by minibus and took a little over 2 hours. Despite the early start all the instructors were very cheerfull and helpfull and looked after us. When we arrived at the dive center in Fujairah it was a mass brawl to check in. However, once we checked in our kit was already available. The kit is good quality, reasonably new and we had no defects. We were then herded like cattle and transferred to another bus where we were cramed in like sardines. Both dives were good despite the poor vis. Then back to cattle herding for the return journey to the dive center.
Overall: Nice dive, good kit, cheerfull and helpfull staff, but treated like cattle - I would rate it good, but not very good.

3 Thank Andy S
Cincinnati, Ohio
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Professional organization and people --- worth your time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I just completed my basic open water certification with Al Boom while passing through Dubai. Having took the PADI eLearning option, my classroom exposure was limited. However, the time I did spend in the classroom led me to believe the organization gives thorough instruction and spends one-on-one time with the students. My instructor, Ben, did an excellent job explaining his instructional points in a clear, concise manner.

In the pool, the instruction was professional and thorough. The Atlantis Center has two huge pools in which training occurs, and these are perfect for introductory students like myself. I didn't know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised by the facilities. The Al Wasa Road facility pool is much smaller, so if you can choose, go with the Atlantis facility.

My first two dives were at Jumeriah Beach, which is very forgiving for the new student. Sandy bottoms and no surge/current make for an ideal underwater classroom environment. The last two dives were at the Meridien facility in Dibba (Fujairah); specifically, Sharm Island and Snoopy Rock. The underwater life is plentiful and the bottom slightly more rough than Jumeriah. A great place to learn! The team at Fujairah was excellent. One thing --- you can buy your lunch at the gas-station stop en route, so there's no need for the overpriced sandwich the Meriedien offers. Also, there are dive shops at all facilities, so if there's anything you want to pick up, it's a great place to do it.

The staff is focused on the customer and caters to your overall experience. I have nothing more to say except that they did a fantastic job and I will take my advanced open water with them in the near future.

Thank you, Al Boom Diving.

SIDENOTE: If there are any down-sides to the experience, it's just the 2-hour ride to Fujairah. Make sure you hit the bathroom beforehand and bring some tunes to listen to.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank rpb_28
AlBoomDiver, Front Office Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear rpb_28
Thank you for taking the time to review Al Boom Diving. You certainly got to see our operation in some detail as you visited three of our sites. We are especially proud of Atlantis and the facilities we have there.
I especially want to thank you for your comments regarding our staff. Our dive teams at all sites work hard to give our guests the best day possible, and it seems that on this day you felt they did that for you.
Congratulations on passing your Open Water diver course. We look forward to seeing you again - next step Advanced Open Water. But more importantly we wish you happy and safe diving wherever you go next.

Safe bubbles
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Just fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

i have recently dived with Al Boom Fujairah and honestly was one of the best weekends of my life. The staff were wonderful- very cheery, smiley and helpful. Was made to feel right at home. Rental equipment was in great condition and dive sites were spectacular. Throughout my weekend i managed to do around 4 of the east coasts best dive destinations; including Inchcape 1-a 30m deep wreck dive with plenty of wildlife to see (the moray eels being my personal favourite). To conclude i thought the dives were amazing, the staff lovely and welcoming and the atmosphere very relaxed and chilled- even on a Friday!! Thanks to Al Boom AL Aqah for some fab bimbles! Hope to see you all soon x

Dear Roisin

Thank you for taking the time to review Al Boom Diving on Trip Adviser.
We are pleased that you had a "fab" time while here, and we look forward to welcoming you back one day.
It was great you enjoyed Inchcape 1 and the "bimble" you had on the dive. For info we now have a pregnant Puffer Fish down there now, and we look forward to the new attraction.
Safe bubbles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A professional center, amazing dives.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have dived with this center in Fujairah and took their bus from their location in Dubai.
I have never seen such a professional center before.
everything was organized till the last detail without any glitch.
The dive sites were just amazing and the stuff really firendly.
if you have the opportunity to be around, this is the diving center to go.

Dear DjeridiAndProud
Thank you for taking the time to review Al Boom Diving on Trip Adviser. Its always great to hear that someone appreciates what we do. We do not take our service for granted, and we strive to make things as good as possible for our guests.
We hope to see you again soon, and wish you safe and happy bubbles
Warm regards