“Great place to get away from it all at the weekend”

Hilton Fujairah Resort
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Fujairah
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Great place to get away from it all at the weekend”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

After a stressful working week, it was wonderful to be greeted with such warmth and enthusiasm when we arrived (very late) at the hotel. The decor was dated in reception but with everything spotless and tidy, it added charm rather than detracting from the ambiance. The restaurant manfully dealt with us despite the hour!

We booked a suite which was beautiful with a great view from the balcony and a spacious lounge, well equipped with free fruit, pastries, wine and amenities. The TV was enormous and despite not being a great TV user, I enjoyed relaxing on the sofa and watching for a while. The bed was super-comfortable and we both slept like logs!

The breakfast buffet was amazing; every choice you could wish for and even proper European sausage and bacon, a rare treat! We needed no lunch and enjoyed a morning on the comfortable and sheltered private beach with handy beach bar and gentle snorkelling. we found lots of pretty places to drive to nearby, friendly local people to chat with and a great new shopping mall in the town within 5 minutes drive.

I had considered a foray into the Spa but the range of treatments was limited to massages so if that's not your thing, you may need to venture to the town for treatments.

After a small tincture in the jolly, English-styled Central Pub, we enjoyed the expansive buffet dinner. The Shisha bar was great fun too, watching the moon and stars over the sea and feeling refreshed and relaxed looking back on a great day.

If you are looking for glitzy and pretentious, this is not the place for you but for comfort, luxury and relaxation amidst great service and a genuine welcome, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
RemcoWerkhoven, General Manager at Hilton Fujairah Resort, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear ClaraCW, Glad to hear you had a nice relaxing weekend with us and thank you for coming over from Abu Dhabi. I trust we may welcome you back; looking forward! Greetings from Remco & Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

Once again perfect!! I love this place and its the staff that make it. Very relaxing and the staff make every effort to ensure a good stay. The outside bar staff are rushed of their feet at times but continue with a cool attitude and meet every wish. Can't wait for my return. Nice one Remco.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Buffer18,
Thank you so much for your continued loyal patronage over the years. It has always been such a great pleasure to have you & team with us. We are looking forward already to your upcoming visit. Take care and see you soon.
Remco & Team
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

when I arrived at the hotel the hotel celebrated the Oktoberfest. I really liked it! Also I have to mention that the water of the street of Hormuz was clear. Last time when I visited the hotel the water was quite dirty.
the hotel is clean and all employees are really friendly and helpful! special thanks to the recreation manager (I think his name is Shizu) who lent me a backpack for the hiking tour on Saturday. Also I would like to thank the team at the reception (Yulia).
What to improve: It would be great if some small laser printer would be attached to the public computers. So the guests could print out air tickets easier.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 5 October 2012

On Oct 3 and 4 2012 I organized a retreat for 81 people. The Hilton rented us their banquet room to use for the two days, and it was perfect. No detail escaped their attention, and their communication and caring demeanor was present throughout the process including directions to their hotel on the new highway to having a microphone, projector, and speakers ready, meals that include vegetarian options and gluten free options, reserved billiards tables, rapid check-in procedure, etc. They even provided special welcome baskets and free internet for the retreat facilitators without having to request it. It's rare that every minute detail of an event this complex is anticipated accurately and executed flawlessly, but Hilton Fujairah took care of it in spades. It was beyond the typically high level of service that I have experienced in Hiltons worldwide. This place has it down to a science. I highly recommend having Hilton Fujairah as the venue for larger events.

Room Tip: The Chalets are especially roomy and nice. Even the pullout couch is comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul B
Dear Paul B,
First off: Thank you for an excellent organization on your & your team's side! This enabled us by en large to look after your group well.
Moreover, Thank you and your group so much for having made the visit to our hotel a yearly tradition. It has been a great pleasure to have you over with us once again, we look forward to your next Fujairah outing.
Many Thanks and Regards from Remco, George, Denise, Paulette, etc. and All Team!
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Whenever I come to the UAE on business, this hotel is the only one I will consider staying at. I simply love staying here. I can not fault a single thing with this hotel/resort. Everything is superb from Remco the general manager to the towels you take out to lay on at the swimming pool. It is always the best hotel experience I have ever had. Every member of staff here are always polite, welcoming and courteous all of the time and always take the time to great with a smile and are always completely helpful with anything you need and always remember me whenever I come to stay. I could ramble on about everything but suffice it to say, every aspect of my time there is always fantastic & whenever I am told that I am booked in to stay there again on business I always greatly look forward to it. It is my favourite hotel by far and I cannot thank the General Manager Remco Werkhoven and all his brilliant staff enough for looking after me so well during my visits.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but I highly recommmend the double bed rooms and the ground floor rooms looking...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Matt C
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 September 2012

The back bar/restaurant has the best location of any hotel in the UAE over looking the Gulf across the water to Iran and the Straits of Hormuz. The seating juts out over the beach while the smell of seaweed contributes to the tranquil setting. Hamburgers and creme brulee are outstanding with attentive staff unobtrusive but attentive. Quality has been consistent over a couple of years and is highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank wajela
RemcoWerkhoven, General Manager at Hilton Fujairah Resort, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Wajela, Than you for your great comments, hope to welcome you back soon! Warmest regards, Remco
Essex UK
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Just a short trip so limited on experiences. Food was excellent quality and service was faultless.
As a resort, beach was tidal and therefore no sunbeds. Gym was well equipped. Would I come back for family vacation? No fraid not. To get tipsy costs an arm and a leg (£12 for a mini wine)
and to get pie eyed youd need to throw in the torso as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank bewise56
RemcoWerkhoven, General Manager at Hilton Fujairah Resort, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear bewise56, Great to hear you enjoyed the food and services of our team. Will definitely have a look at minibar prices. This should not deter you from coming back with a good house wine selection from AED140 by the bottle at the Breezes Beach Bar? We do hope so! Cheers, Remco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fujairah
Sandy Beach Hotel & Resort
#2 of 16 in Fujairah
Concorde Hotel Fujairah
Concorde Hotel Fujairah
#6 of 16 in Fujairah

Been to Hilton Fujairah Resort? Share your experiences!