I was on my first every ski trip and wanted to stay in a nice cabin type place to fit the romanticised image that I had in my mind about a ski trip. Powderhorn fit the bill perfectly.
The hotel itself really looks the part, and the rooms have that ski cabin feel about them. Beds are comfy and the rooms are very spacious with all the usual amenities.
Staff are super friendly and the food in the attached restaurant is pretty decent too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining all the facilities of an boutique hotel with the ambiance of a an alpine lodge, the Powderhorn Chateau is situated in Ohakune at the doorstep of the spectacular Tongariro National Park. This stunning alpine wonderland is one of only a handful of sites throughout the world to be given dual natural and cultural World Heritage status by UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Hotel Ohakune
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Ohakune