We had a wonderful time at this hotel - perhaps because it was November and there didn't appear too many guests around. We slept like logs, the room was of good size but above all, we were made to feel welcome and were treated as honoured guests. When we returned from doing the crossing, the cover had already been removed from the indoor swimming pool so we could exercise our weary limbs in the tepid water, which helped recovery no end. The only problem I had was getting wifi to work - it would not connect in our room but did work downstairs. The breakfasts and take away lunch for our trip was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining all the facilities of an boutique hotel with the ambiance of a an alpine lodge, the Powderhorn Chateau is situated in Ohakune at the doorstep of the spectacular Tongariro National Park. This stunning alpine wonderland is one of only a handful of sites throughout the world to be given dual natural and cultural World Heritage status by UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Hotel Ohakune
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Ohakune