“Excellent service & a great location”
Review of Four Seasons Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orewa
Four Seasons Motel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Orewa
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at this motel for 6 nights as our nephew living in Auckland had reserved it for us.
Fortunately this motel was a perfect place for us to stay. The room is so clean and tidy, the hosts are helpful and friendly, the cost is quite reasonable for the quality, and the location is so covenient as all sorts of restaurants and supermarkets are in a few minutes walking distance and the beautitul Orewa beach is just across the road.
We really enjoyed a relaxable stay. We certainly would stay at this motel again when we return to New Zealand next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 April 2012

The town was booked out and we were advised to try the four seasons motel. We rang and booked for the price of a 4* city hotel and on arrival could see why it was the last place in town to have vacancies. Yes it is retro and the owners do their best to keep things clean but you can't hide strong mouldy smells and that chill down your back when a room is very damp. The uncomfortable bed was right up by the door and it felt like we were sleeping in the parking lot because we heard every little sound around us. The lady owner/manager was helpful but when you travel as much as we do with our work around NZ the no. 1 priority is for a decent nights sleep and that night it just didn't happen. We were out of there by 8am. We won't be staying here again especially for the price we paid - well over whats quoted in the Jasons motel book.

Room Tip: perhaps the rooms upstairs aren't so cold.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank baliliz_12
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The rooms are clean and the owners are helpful. I read the reveiws after I had booked and was worried before I arrived. But it is ok and so near to a beautiful Beach. The owner washed our clothes for $5 and brought them back very clean and dry. this is good value for money, bed clean and comfortable and plenty to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Unfortuanately HAD TO book over the internet well in advance---stayed 2 nights in total--1 on the way up North which was OK, and then the last night on the way home some 10 days later!.
The owners are very welcoming on arrival and the room was very ordinary but fairly clean. No little shampoo/conditioners where incl in the DEAR price of $170.00 nor xtra pillows which I thought was strange and had never experienced anywhere before!!!.
As another poster mentioned the male owner to be "Creepy" - yes I can see why that was said---he tended to come in a few times into our room even after we had checked in 10 mins before and staying right next to his office and wee cleaning area he sorta hung around a tad too much. So our last night on holiday arrived and I made a special visit to the supermarket to get ingrediants for a lovely hot brekky the next day!--during the night the wee stretcher bed which is CHEAP and nasty broke, but we managed to fix it and put away - then on to our lovely HOT brekky!===NOT HAPPENING - the oven doesnt work at all!!!.
Calmly mentioned that I would like a small refund as the oven is broken=Things dramatically CHANGED!---he nutted right off--turned weird - argued and stated in accent "very hard business you know--tings are ferry tough-you stay now want refund- no one else tell me this--you come last night to tell me not now--what can i do now bout it" and on and on--I simply said "We are telling you & didnt turn it on last night as we didnt need it"!.
Things went on & on-his wife came to calm him down and I suggested he should get it fixed before others will complain and we payed GOOD money to stay!.
He then said the oven didnt have to go as its not mentioned in his advertising (I siad it was--he argued and said no--only the stove top!--I SAID.....
....In NZ a oven is ALL of it -NOT just the elements!!!.
In the end he offered me only $20 refund which I took and wanted to get out of there fast!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank rhad
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This was really not good. The manageress wasn´t very friendly and made us pay up front. We didn´t like the look of the first room and she grudgingly showed us a second, which was slightly better but still very tatty. Orewa is a lovely place, and I´d definitely recommend a visit, but this motel? No way.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BaselLisa
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Agreeing with most of the other detrimental reviews...Smelly, overpriced, unhelpful Korean owners. There are plenty of other less expensive and better (couldn't be worse) motels on the waterfront. We had a two bedded room ....and were warned not to TOUCH the 2nd bed. Dooh.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clivegil
Reviewed 12 November 2011

This would be one of the worst motels we have stayed in anywhere in New Zealand.
Apart from being over priced, (unfortunately we booked before viewing) the lounge suite was designed for dwarfs who did not mind being poked with the inner springs, the TV was good if you were 6ft and had x-ray vision. The kitchen facilities were designed for the above noted dwarfs, as long as they do not have to turn around.We found having one of the owners constantly "peering" at us from their upstairs apartment a bit "spooky". A spa which looked great until we enquired and were told it was out of order.
Overall a stunning tourist trap. The motel association needs to review some of its members from time to time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RAP245
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orewa
Waves Motel
Whangaparaoa Lodge
Whangaparaoa Lodge
#1 of 2 in Whangaparaoa
Ramada Suites Nautilus Orewa

Been to Four Seasons Motel? Share your experiences!