“Could be so much better if . . . .”
Review of Four Seasons Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orewa
Four Seasons Motel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Orewa
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Like previous T A reporters stated, this place needs a clean-up. We booked this motel based on the web info but were surprised at the state of the room. Cobwebs, wall paper peeling of the wall etc. We could not find another place in town so we were stuck. The worst was that we booked two stays here, one coming from Waitomo and one night from Kaitaia. No other motels could be found. So, Motel owners...... Clean it up !!

Room Tip: I do not give many places such a rating, so look out!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank René R

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We put our wedding guests here by mistake, we thought we were booking another motel.
our guests were horrified. stained carpets, smelly rooms, dirty and old/run down.
1. The male owner walked into the rooms without knocking.
2. When they asked about laundry facilities he grabbed a ladies washing bag and looked through her dirty washing before she realised what was happening and in shock grabbed it back off him.
3. I booked 5 rooms, the owner took money out of our visa without notice a month prior to the stay. i called to question him, he yelled at me!! we did get it back but what a battle.
4. He told us our last arriving guest (who was flying in at 10.30) that if he didnt pick up his key at 10 he would be locked out and we would be charged the room, and no, we could NOT pick up the key for him!
5. He threatened to kick all of the guests out at 1.30am because they arrived back at the motel at an unreasonable hour (they were at a wedding!)
6. He prowled around keeping an eye on everyone.
7. Spa unit??? YUK!! an old bath in a smelly unit thats seen better days!
8. Couldnt speak very good english so conversing was very difficult

there is more but i think i have got my views across, i recommend you dont stay here.

Room Tip: Go to another motel!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank katipokatipo
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We were stuck for somewhere to stay after coming from Auckland as everywhere else was booked. I can't believe that it was $160 a room. I should have looked at it before paying. It was terrible. Wallpaper falling off the walls, hard beds that stank, traffic noise and the owner walking around at all hours above me. There were cobwebs everywhere. This place needs to be cleaned up.

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank LondonFunlovin
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed at this motel for 2 nights the owner was very friendy. I was in the front unit of the motel and the unit that I was in was ok but needs to be updated with fresh paint on the walls. The bed was very comforable. Only thing I don't like was the traffic noise which it kept me awake all night, also the owner lives above the unit and I can hear the owner walking around all night keeping me awake. If I was going to stay at this motel I will be making sure I have one of the back units.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gordon L
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed 3 nights and the owners were very friendly and helpful
The unit was clean and comfortable.
I enjoyed peace and guietness and this is whst I got.
Beautiful beach across the road and down a side street is only a few minutes walking distance.
Also next to shopping centre there are lots of shops and nice restaurants.
Would return and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Little bit run down. The room was ok just old decor , the spa bath was good and made up for the small 1990's 14" tv everything just needs to be updated...then it might be worth the money they charge...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gavin L
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I am stunned that some people call these depressingly dull rooms clean. I was promised a full kitchen and end unit months in advance only to arrive to a middle unit ( because someone else wanted the spare bed !!!) Be warned about this place - those disgusting smoke alams ( coveredin nicotine) may not even work - and the owners DONT CARE. We checked ours because it was yellow and covered in nicotine the wiring had corroded and there was no backup battery - we approached the owner who just laughed - "Oh no, no smoke alarms !" I can only warn others. The full kitchen promised was a joke. The only thing this place has got going for it is location. I would advise you to look around - for the area they are charging current rate for substandard accomodation.
The property is advertised in AA's magazine but they take absolutely NO responsibility.

Room Tip: You can ask for what you like - doesnt matter they will just move you
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple