“Just a bed for the night”
Review of Four Seasons Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orewa
Four Seasons Motel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Orewa
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Thank goodness it was for one night. Room was shabby and wallpaper peeling as well as the paint. Very tired looking furniture and overall in poor condition. A bit overpriced for what was offered, and would definitely seek alternate accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barry T

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We have just arrived back from Orewa from one of the worst experiences I have EVER had.
Guy was pleasant enough on check in, eventually,went to use bathroom and there was long black hair all over bathroom floor. which was tiled. Totally gross, but just
wiped it up with loo roll and noticed after prepping some food in kitchen the rest of floor in unit also really unclean, hair and bits and pieces of stuff on the carpet everywhere.
Went to office to ask to borrow the vacuum, in no way made any complaint - and the Asian Basil of the motel world went off at me, growing more and more aggressive and hostile every minute saying "you make trouble, you make trouble, no other guest complain, you wrong'. Went back to the unit and I vacuumed entire place, as I was, he appeared at the door, gesturing and yelling at us, I told him he was in the wrong business and he was making a fool of himself, I had only asked to BORROW the vacuum, and was doing the cleaning myself, shouldn't have been a big deal. My partner had to stand in the doorway to stop him coming in to threaten me. He then said he would refund our money which was a surprise, but we took the option gladly. As we were driving off he stood there menacingly outside the unit glaring at us like we were some kind of low-life thieves. I tell you now, do not stay here, I thought the other reviews about this place were a bit OTT but I was wrong, they are rude, disgracefully behaved and aggressive, on top of that the place is where the 90s went to die, the room was filthy - I am not kidding - and it is in desperate need of new management who understand hospitality. You have been warned.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Sonny J P
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We arrived in Orewa and began looking for a motel. It was the night before a car rally so the town was very busy. We managed to find a vacancy here after some searching. The room was quiet and the bed fairly comfortable but the furnishings were very downmarket and tired. For what was being offered it was expensive and not one of our best buys! Out of 20 or so stays we enjoyed in NZ this was well and truly in the bottom quartile.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are any rooms that are better than the one we had.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David190343
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Only place with a vacancy left for two of us on a Tuesday night. Price was fine, no complaints there. Room was OK with a few friendly bugs, could have done with an airing. Oddly enough, one of the two double beds had a notice asking that we didn't disturb it.
Friendly welcome and helpful advice from the owner on the phone. Less so when we arrived.
Must be better options in town.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Like previous T A reporters stated, this place needs a clean-up. We booked this motel based on the web info but were surprised at the state of the room. Cobwebs, wall paper peeling of the wall etc. We could not find another place in town so we were stuck. The worst was that we booked two stays here, one coming from Waitomo and one night from Kaitaia. No other motels could be found. So, Motel owners...... Clean it up !!

Room Tip: I do not give many places such a rating, so look out!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank René R
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We put our wedding guests here by mistake, we thought we were booking another motel.
our guests were horrified. stained carpets, smelly rooms, dirty and old/run down.
1. The male owner walked into the rooms without knocking.
2. When they asked about laundry facilities he grabbed a ladies washing bag and looked through her dirty washing before she realised what was happening and in shock grabbed it back off him.
3. I booked 5 rooms, the owner took money out of our visa without notice a month prior to the stay. i called to question him, he yelled at me!! we did get it back but what a battle.
4. He told us our last arriving guest (who was flying in at 10.30) that if he didnt pick up his key at 10 he would be locked out and we would be charged the room, and no, we could NOT pick up the key for him!
5. He threatened to kick all of the guests out at 1.30am because they arrived back at the motel at an unreasonable hour (they were at a wedding!)
6. He prowled around keeping an eye on everyone.
7. Spa unit??? YUK!! an old bath in a smelly unit thats seen better days!
8. Couldnt speak very good english so conversing was very difficult

there is more but i think i have got my views across, i recommend you dont stay here.

Room Tip: Go to another motel!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank katipokatipo
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We were stuck for somewhere to stay after coming from Auckland as everywhere else was booked. I can't believe that it was $160 a room. I should have looked at it before paying. It was terrible. Wallpaper falling off the walls, hard beds that stank, traffic noise and the owner walking around at all hours above me. There were cobwebs everywhere. This place needs to be cleaned up.

• Stayed: November 2013