“Good place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Orewa
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is a nice hotel with large and comfortable rooms. I had a 10th floor room with a good view of the coast. I didn't use the pool but it looked good. The building had very secure parking.

I don't really have anything bad to say about the place. About the only improvement they could make would be to service the rooms a little more frequently (I think it's every three days) but overall it's very good value. I will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul J
RamadaOrewa, General Manager at Ramada Suites Nautilus Orewa, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Hi and thanks for your review, most appreciated. Yes we do service every third day on longer stays because as an apartment complex most of our guests appreciate their independence and privacy. We are always on hand if there are any supplies or assistance needed. Very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to being able to host you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Date : 10-03-14. Right! I need to be Honest… I am 27 weeks pregnant with a 5 yrs old son. We drove from Tauranga and end up stopping at Orewa for overnight stay, very tired and just want to rest, me and my husband saw this fascinating building built in the middle of the town, overlooking the beautiful beach and saw it was a 4 star hotel..thought we can have a luxurious night, so we decided to check-in $294/night 2 bedrooms apartment, came up to our room and well what can I say; its DINGY, DIRTY, DARK, and NOISY. The quality of the room where we stayed was VERY LOW QUALITY. The noise was TERRIBLE WE DIDN'T HAVE A SLEEP AT ALL, tried to close the windows and still noisy…The noise is coming from a big fan from somewhere and the delivery trucks from New World never stop coming back and forwards!!! We decided to check out early around 8am coz we had ENOUGH!!! I told FREDA ( which I believe the MANAGER) about my feedback and she just NODDED her head, which I found VERY RUDE and VERY POOR COSTUMER SERVICE, and NO EMPATHY at all!!! I prefer to stay in a B&B, Backpackers and Motels. I will NEVER and WON'T RECOMMEND this HOTEL AT ALL!!! VERY UPSET!!!! NOT WORTH paying $$$$$…… ITS a Highway Robbery...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MaestraLoSViajes
RamadaOrewa, General Manager at Ramada Suites Nautilus Orewa, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hello Erica, have to admit that I am struggling finding your walk-in reservation with limited info so I am going to have to make some assumptions on the apartment location etc. To hear noise from New World and have two bedrooms you must have been on a North Side, OnePlus apartment, as they are few in number on that side. Generally we have very little noise issue as the apartments are well insulated from each other, however as a Father and Grandfather myself I can sure understand how difficult it can be to get settled when you are well into your pregnancy. We are sorry for not meeting your desires on this stay and wish you well and hope that all has progressed perfectly since.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I thought twice before writing this review as I understand how damaging a poor review can be. However Ramada Suites really does deserve it. The place itself is really nice. Well built. Nice views. Handy to beach and shops. But the service quite frankly sucks. As we checked in we were told we were to early and to come back in 45 minutes. I asked if there was somewhere we could park our cars while we waited, and was told 'on the street'. We were early but I left feeling like I had just been told off. Minor stuff until we had a close look at the room. It was filthy. really gross. Not the sort of 'one off mistake' stuff either. The carpet was slightly sticky and left a brown tinge to my daughter's socks. The shower nozzle was horrific. Dirty oven and spotty plates. Human hair in with the cutlery and a couple more between our bed sheets. If the place had AC we couldn't find it and it was hot and stinky in the room and the corridor. In the morning I complained at reception. I hate complaining but our little trip away had been ruined and my wife was not going to stay another night. I explained the issues one by one so he could at least use the feedback constructively. He listened and explained that this is very unusual and it must have just been a 'one off mistake'. My impression was that he was gutted about the complaint but he didn't really handle it well either. I don't think I got an apology and instead got an excuse or two. To be fair he did discount our rate by 20% which was something. But my wife and I were looking forward to that trip away for a few weeks and would have been much happier at home.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HannahMarc
Hello Marc, remember you well as you said you were in the hospitality industry yourself.
When our Housekeeper popped in to further check with yourself and your wife on the matters raised it was at least some relief that you had discovered you were able to go back to your fumigated house a day earlier than you expected. If we fell short in our hospitality we certainly do apologize for that and wish you well. Regards, Eric
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and have great amenities, like laundry and kitchenette. The bed was not great but was on par with other beds in similar-priced hotels in New Zealand (flimsy and uncomfortable by US standards but seeningly normal in NZ). The onsite parking was secure and convenient. I had a little trouble getting onto the WiFi but it eventually worked. The beach views were great but my enjoyment of the fresh air was occasionally disrupted by an odor of cigarette smoke somehow found its way into my room on the 10th floor, despite the no-smoking policy. The reception staff were friendly and the housekeepers did a good job, so a pretty good experience overall.

• Stayed February 2014
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This was our fourth time staying at the Nautilus. It's a great location, very close to the beach, great village atmosphere. We enjoy the spacious, self contained rooms, the resort style pool and spa and the the friendly staff. I cannot fault this establishment, the rooms are clean and fresh, the kitchen is well equipped, plenty of spare linen. We stayed 5 nights and our room was mini serviced every 2nd day which was lovely. We did call on reception for couple of little things and our queries were dealt with quickly and efficiently. The pool is fabulous and our children could quite happily spend all day in and out of the pool and spa. If staying for a holiday we can recommend visiting the Waiwera Hot Pools, reception can even give you a discount voucher. We spent all day there - plenty to do for people that love the water. Orewa may seem like a fair distance out of Auckland but don't let this put you off. You can easily make it into the city in 30mins or so to visit some of the main city attractions. Great place to visit!

Stayed January 2014
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stunning locations and well appointed living spaces.
The pool and recreation areas were lovely and the staff helpful.
Perfectly located.

Only small gripe was the too soft/skinny single bed (very small gripe).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
AUSTRALIA
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a great spacious penthouse with a lovely view of the beach. It is modern, clean, light and airy with an enormous balcony perfect for taking in the view.

The bedrooms are large and tastefully decorated. One bedroom has an ensuite and the other is only a few steps from the bedroom. The second bathroom has the laundry facilities and a large shower.

The kitchen is large and has everything you would need. There is a heated pool and nice outdoor seating areas on the pool deck.

The hotel is well situated with 2 supermarkets only metres away and a number of restaurants and bars within a block. The beach is a mere block away and appears to be a safe swimming beach for kids.

We struggled to get wifi connected in the room, however management went out of their way to try and rectify this for us. I imagine that the problem is now solved. The TV is large and the lounge area generous and very comfortable.

We enjoyed pre-dinner drinks on the balcony and felt it was a treat.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite to maximize the view.