“Wonderful weekend away”

Ramada Suites Nautilus Orewa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Orewa
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A good friend of ours shouted me and my hubby a weekend away at Paihia and booked us in to the Edgewater Palms on the beach in Paihia. With a first floor view of the beach from the balcony the room was lovely and spacious. While the kitchen in the apartment was well equiped to cook in we ate out both nights and didn't use it. The underground secure carpark was a pleasant surprise as we couldn't imagine where we were going to park with our kayaks on the roof so it was great to be able to leave them and just go up to our room. Certainly deserves the 5 star rating and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The first floor beachfront apartments have beautiful views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RamadaOrewa, General Manager at Ramada Suites Nautilus Orewa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you very much for your Paihia review, most appreciated

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We arrived last minute and got a lovely apartment with fantastic views over the town. Very central location near to everything. Great swimming pool and underground parking included. Great for self catering. Free wifi was promised but was very hard to get. Would use again

Room Tip: Ask for beach facing on upper floors. Views are fabulous.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review, hope we can be of assistance again in the future!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Me and the girlfriend stopped here and staff at reception were fun happy and very helpful. Parking inside and secure. We were on the 9th floor overlooking the outdoor pool and spar, looking out over a beautiful setting at Orewa. We could see the beach which is a 5 minute walk away. Rooms very clean modern and stylish. We recommend stopping here and loads to do locally, relax or go do something on the water.
We also went to Waiwera thermal hot pools. From around 31 degs to a skin pealing 48 deg called the Lava pool.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daibach999
RamadaOrewa, General Manager at Ramada Suites Nautilus Orewa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

We very much appreciate your review and sure hope we can be of service again in the future. Cheers from the Ramada Orewa Team!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is a nice hotel with large and comfortable rooms. I had a 10th floor room with a good view of the coast. I didn't use the pool but it looked good. The building had very secure parking.

I don't really have anything bad to say about the place. About the only improvement they could make would be to service the rooms a little more frequently (I think it's every three days) but overall it's very good value. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul J

Hi and thanks for your review, most appreciated. Yes we do service every third day on longer stays because as an apartment complex most of our guests appreciate their independence and privacy. We are always on hand if there are any supplies or assistance needed. Very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to being able to host you again!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Date : 10-03-14. Right! I need to be Honest… I am 27 weeks pregnant with a 5 yrs old son. We drove from Tauranga and end up stopping at Orewa for overnight stay, very tired and just want to rest, me and my husband saw this fascinating building built in the middle of the town, overlooking the beautiful beach and saw it was a 4 star hotel..thought we can have a luxurious night, so we decided to check-in $294/night 2 bedrooms apartment, came up to our room and well what can I say; its DINGY, DIRTY, DARK, and NOISY. The quality of the room where we stayed was VERY LOW QUALITY. The noise was TERRIBLE WE DIDN'T HAVE A SLEEP AT ALL, tried to close the windows and still noisy…The noise is coming from a big fan from somewhere and the delivery trucks from New World never stop coming back and forwards!!! We decided to check out early around 8am coz we had ENOUGH!!! I told FREDA ( which I believe the MANAGER) about my feedback and she just NODDED her head, which I found VERY RUDE and VERY POOR COSTUMER SERVICE, and NO EMPATHY at all!!! I prefer to stay in a B&B, Backpackers and Motels. I will NEVER and WON'T RECOMMEND this HOTEL AT ALL!!! VERY UPSET!!!! NOT WORTH paying $$$$$…… ITS a Highway Robbery...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MaestraLoSViajes
RamadaOrewa, General Manager at Ramada Suites Nautilus Orewa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Hello Erica, have to admit that I am struggling finding your walk-in reservation with limited info so I am going to have to make some assumptions on the apartment location etc. To hear noise from New World and have two bedrooms you must have been on a North Side, OnePlus apartment, as they are few in number on that side. Generally we have very little noise issue as the apartments are well insulated from each other, however as a Father and Grandfather myself I can sure understand how difficult it can be to get settled when you are well into your pregnancy. We are sorry for not meeting your desires on this stay and wish you well and hope that all has progressed perfectly since.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orewa
Waves Motel
Grand Millennium Auckland
Grand Millennium Auckland
#15 of 66 in Auckland Central
AVANI Metropolis Auckland Residences
AVANI Metropolis Auckland Reside...
#29 of 66 in Auckland Central
Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
#2 of 66 in Auckland Central

Been to Ramada Suites Nautilus Orewa? Share your experiences!