“Helpful, clean and quiet”
Review of Coronation Park

Coronation Park
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Ashburton
“Helpful, clean and quiet”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Arrived late and left early, but the staff were very helpful , turning lights and heaters on ready for our arrival. Thanks so much Coronation Park, that made a world of difference in the middle of Winter after a long drive.
Look forward to staying again next time we are through.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
coropark, Front Office Manager at Coronation Park, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and thanks so much for taking the time to let us know.

Regards Tania

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Admittedly stayed in winter not at peak time, but was pleasantly surprised to have a quiet stay. The motel unit was very clean and tidy, the decor was excellent, no garish paintings. All the Sky channels was excellent for me and my 5 year old. Staff were courteous and pleasant. Handy to town & easy to get in and out of. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nelson
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed on our way through to queenstown, my husband and myself on a romantic get away trip, we had pre booked and arrived late, the room was labelled with our name and the unit was clean and warm, we stayed in a motel unit and the decor and furnishings were modern and lovely, I would thoroughly recommend to anyone passing through Ashburton to stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you find your funds low, why not try staying at a Motor Lodge. The beds are just as comfortable, you are warm and dry inside the cabin, and you can still have breakfast delivered in the morning. I stayed in the basic cabin and it was adequate for my needs. The only drawback was the toilet and shower were not connected. For some the cabin might not work - if you have a weak bladder, it wouldn't be for you. However, for many it works just fine and the cost is very affordable. With my savings I was able to go out to eat and shop. The cabin was the most basic option. For people who just need a stay-over, I recommend it. They also had other options for larger families and budgets. The kitchen facilities were very nice and the showers and toilets were clean. They even allow pets! That is a very big plus if you have those.

Room Tip: Select the size recommend for your party, if you have pets, bring their beds or bedding, if you have...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Room Type: Chalet
Price Paid - $99

First Impressions

Holiday Park was easy to find, and handy, but off the main road. Was greeted by a teenager who was energetic but had troubles using the eftpos machine.

Room was a self contained unit, in its own building, with a spacious living area, couch, table, and a double and single beds. Kitchen appeared well stocked with everything you would need.

Bed
Bed was a double, nothing to write home about, slept ok.

Shower
Water pressure was to be desired,and if you don't shut the door to the kitchen properly it swings open, and makes it very difficult to open the door. As most places I have stayed the Towels have been either on the bed, or hanging up in the bathroom, when I got out the shower I could not find a towel in the normal places, and luckily had my own towel in my bag. Once I was dressed I asked at reception about where the towels were and was told they are kept under the sink in the bathroom.

Room Overall
Overall its a pretty basic room, nice and tidy well priced for maybe a couple with a child, or a small group. But would not recommend for a business traveller travelling on their own. Although room is off the main road, and a fair distance from the railway, because of the building materials, could hear the train go past over the TV.

Service Overall
Overall average service, think I must of arrived when the owners daughter was manning the desk for a few minutes, and then when I went to ask about the towels was when the owner was showing other people to their room. Although there was coffee and tea available, no milk was offered

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
coropark, Owner at Coronation Park, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post your review on our page. We apologise for not having an adult manning the desk. We had one staff member on bereavement leave and Jamie and I were called out to a fire at a rental property. Fizz hasn't done the office before - Murphy's Law that guests would come in on that occasion.

We have taken on board your comments about the towels in the bathroom cabinet. The logic was that it would be more convenient for guests to have the towels near the shower, but in hindsight it might be better to put them back onto the beds.

Just a reminder that the chalets are part of the holiday park and classed as a budget self-contained accommodation - which is reflected in the price of $99. We do have lovely 4 star motel units with all of the embellishments that corporates expect including queen sized beds. These units start at $130. Regards Tania
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in April. Didn't see much of the place as we arrived late and then left early the next day. The facilities though were spotless so on that basis I would recommend it if you are passing through Ashburton.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent the night at Coronation Holiday Park in our camper. The site was dry and well maintained. The helpful service from the reception staff was appreciated and the facilities were good. We will be back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
coropark, Owner at Coronation Park, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. It is appreciated.

Regards Tania
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburton
Commodore Motor Lodge
#1 of 7 in Ashburton
Ashburton Motor Lodge
Ashburton Motor Lodge
#3 of 7 in Ashburton

Been to Coronation Park? Share your experiences!