“A great little cafe”

Ranked #10 of 40 Restaurants in Ashburton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2013

An excellent little café with friendly staff and good menu choices. Pleasant surroundings with an attached gift shop and garden centre.
Service food and coffee were excellent, certainly would recommend this as a stop-off on your travels.

2  Thank Livestats

Reviewed 30 July 2013

absolutely terrible service, old product served, poor meals, filthy toilets. will not return. such a shame as it is right on main road and gift shop adjacent to it is pretty cool.

1  Thank Natalie S
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My friend and I went to Lushingtons for our combined 50th get-together - she had travelled down from Christchurch and I'd driven up from Timaru for the afternoon. Lushingtons had been recommended to me by friends who'd been there previously.

We had a delicious meal of salmon which we stretched out for the whole afternoon with ongoing drinks and nibbles. The service was friendly - one of the waitresses obligingly took this photo of us in the giftshop - and because it was winter we chose to eat inside in the cosy dining area.

We enjoyed the giftshop with its huge range of everything imaginable. I particularly enjoyed some of the quirky cards. The garden centre was also well worth a look, too, and I bought a few herbs that I'd been unable to find in Timaru at the time.

All in all it was a great place to eat and shop and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

This was a warm and inviting stop on a very cold and wet day.
Friendly staff, tasty food and excellent menu choices.There were 4 of us, and none could fault any of our food.The coffee was also great.
Dont leave until you have spent time looking around the lovely gift shop and garden centre.
Whether traveling north or south, this is a lovely place to stop.

2  Thank Rae96
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The complete destination for anyone who enjoys gardening and searching out unique and reasonably priced gifts for the home or in fact for any occasion. Awesome cafe, grab a coffee to drink while you browse around or stay and enjoy a meal from the onsite cafe.