“Yummy Vegan Treats, Even in a tiny town”

Staveley Store - Cafe & Sundry Goods
Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Ashburton
Cuisines: Australian, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 November 2013

It's not always easy being vegan while travelling, but happily Staveley Storecaters for everyone. Delicious 'sausage' rolls and various other vegan yummies, Fabulous hot chocolate! The owners are lovely welcoming people. My brother and I have visited Staveley Store every time we've been to NZ together and will definitely continue to do so.

1  Thank i_love_royal

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I think one of the best country cafes in NZ, along with Jester House; meeting spot for local community and warm welcome to visitors. Great coffee and home made goodies.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have been to the Staveley Store numerous times on my travels to New Zealand. Whenever I'm near Christchurch or Methven I plan my route so I can stop off and enjoy what's on offer.
The sausage rolls are exceptionally tasty and they make an excellent hot chocolate.

On my last trip with my sister we stopped here on a Lord of the Rings tour to Edoras then drove back ourselves the next day for more. The owners were pleasantly surprised to see us again!

If you're in the area stop in, have some tasty food then head up to Sharplin Falls for a nice walk and remember to stop in again on the way home.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We are locals and make any excuse to call in to the Staveley Store for coffee, scones (the cinnamon brioche is an absolute must have!!) or lunch with so many yummy treats. Beautiful home made food, great coffee and lovely hosts that make a very welcoming environment for locals and tourists alike. Staveley is a beautiful location, under the hills there are some great scenic walks then stop in to relax at the Staverley Store before you carry on your trip. Highly recommended as a must stop location for everyone travelling the inland scenic route.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The perfect place to stop in winter on the way to the neighbouring outdoor ice rink......ok and the way home also. Brioche was top of my list followed by ambrosia icecream :) If your tramping they sell hut passes and supplies, or if your lost in our beautiful Mid Canterbury then just stop for a coffee and directions. You wont regret it!!