“Very, very good food”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Leuven, Belgium
“Very, very good food”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was one of the restaurants I went to when staying for business in Timaru. I had read some of the reviews and still the food was a surprise. I had the big size fillet and it was cooked a perfect fit to my order. The glass of red wine I ordered was just a bit to cold for its good.
Conclusion: If you want a very, very good steak go to this place. The service is perfect and the food also.
Additional to that, the restaurant is located in the old custom's building and the fireplaces really work.

• Visited June 2014

Timaru
“Simply scrumptious”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Went with a girlfriend for dinner she had the duck and I had the steak with blue cheese and spinach sauce divine then to finish off we shared the chocolate desert great way to start holiday weekend
Food always excellent never disappointed when we dine here

Visited May 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“A lovely Timaru local restaurant with great food”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have been to Custom Steak House a few times. One of my favourite fine dining restaurants in Timaru. The food is very nice. The atmosphere is quiet and not too posh. I will go back to this restaurant when I want to treat myself with good food. The owner is usually there and serves customers. He is very professional and it's a kind of local restaurant you want to support.

• Visited December 2013
Ashburton, New Zealand
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had booked a week ahead of our visit, which I was pleased as the restaurant was busy. We had three courses and they were all above standard and amazing, which was what we wanted as we were celebrating a special occasion and it came out in good time. Dessert was even better! Service was attentive and great wine recommendations. Will most definitely be back!!!

• Visited May 2014
Rotorua, New Zealand
“A welcoming warm restaurant in a stunning old building, worth the visit!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Visited on a wet Monday night, we were welcomed into a warm (log fire) and beautifully lit restaurant, a really stunning old building! Great beer and wine list, menu is decent as well. Steak does make up the majority of the menu, but there are some vegetarian choices which is great. Some delicious desserts as well. Most people at our table had steak and really enjoyed it! Sides were really delicious too. Everything was expertly cooked and came out at the same time!Sadly i was too full for dessert! The waiter was really fantastic and filled us in on the history of the building, he also did a great job handling the cheeky people at our table and had a good sense of humor about it! Overall a fantastic dinning experience!

• Visited April 2014