“Our waitress Alex is a superstar!”

Fusion Restaurant Cafe & Bar
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Timaru
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a casual dining restaurant producing seasonal menus of New Zealand produce with international flavours.
“Our waitress Alex is a superstar!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had just arrived in Timaru from Chch and were starving! We were immediately greeted and sat at a very roomy table which was appreciated since we had two small children with us.Our food was presented beautifully and tasted amazing too! Our waitress Alex was very helpful, informative and made us feel very welcome (when other patrons complained about the kids even though they were well behaved). Would definately come here again!

• Visited November 2013

dunedin
“OK food but over-priced”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice location - I have eaten here a lot as it is convenient and I usually bring people with me. This time i was dining at night and was thinking of writing that the food was OK if somewhat uninspiring and a little on the pricey side. I ordered a pate entree which came with only 2 thin peices of toasted ciabata roll. As this was only half that required to eat the pate i asked for another couple of slices - whenever I have done this elsewhere - and I am a bit of a pate connoisseur - the additional bread has always been provided at no extra cost .Tthese were very small pieces of bread. To my horror I was charged $4. I explained that I thought this was inappropriate but the waitress didn't take that feedback to the manager and continued with the charge. As a result I will not eat there again. There are limited choices in Timaru but there are better quality places to eat. Prior to this I would eat there monthly and would always take three people with me.

• Visited October 2013
Timaru
“Great food/Drinks”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Best hot chocolate and iced chocolate in town. The caramel shortcake is amazing! Great place for coffee or a sit down meal.

• Visited October 2013
Timaru, New Zealand
“Great location and atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Handy central Timaru location on a Bay Hill. Great views. Friendly staff and good meals. Good value for money. Recommended eatery and drinks location

• Visited June 2013
Sydney
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were recommended Fusion as one of many great eats in Timaru. We did not expect to experience such innovative, well designed food in small town NZ.
Both our dishes were cleverly created with well balanced flavours. The wines on offer were good local ones and the staff were incredibly obliging.
Top score from us.