“Comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bay City Motor Lodge

Bay City Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Timaru
Bay City Motor Lodge
Ranked #13 of 16 Timaru B&B and Inns
wiltshire
“Comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We rang this place as our plans had changed and we couldn't face an unbroken 10 hour drive. We managed to get the last 2 rooms at 3 hours notice. It was comfortable and very clean with everything we needed for a light meal. The owner was very helpful helping us plan our forward journey and recommending places to stop. Would stay there again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Feilding, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

I was lucky enough to travel to Timaru recently and stayed at the Bay City Motor Lodge. The accommodation was good, nice rooms with balcony's. My problem was the Owner/Manager. He was very rude, arrogant, and unobliging. Any requests were greeted with negative remarks which in my book is unnecessary. I was a paying guest. I don't need to be treated like that. Should I ever have the chance to visit this part of the country again I will not be staying at this place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Glenys M
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

Did the motel basics well enough: clean room, good bed, good shower, good TV. Not luxurious, but fine for a business trip. Quite expensive, and breakfast in the morning was extra. Near a very busy road.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Very nice and new. The nicest motor lodge that I have stayed in my 11 days in NZ. It is new and modern. Very clean. Walking distance from city and restaurants. The owners were very nice and the hotel also had free Wi Fi. Excellent!

Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank TexHouston
Palmerston North, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I just called this motel to make a reservation for two nights. I spoke to the owner and when I was going to give my credit card number he quoted me a price per night of $15 more than on their website. I pointed this out very pleasantly (I travel a lot so it's not uncommon for this to happen). He then gruffly asked me "Well how old is that website?". I was taken aback and replied "I am not sure sorry - it's your motel's website, and this is how I found out about you." The owner then said I could have a basic room for $115. I thanked him, and then asked which unit it was - I was looking at their website and there were detailed descriptions of all the rooms. He said "Just a plain and simple one. I don't know about what you are talking about, I am too busy to look at websites" in a rude and accusatory manner.
His tone had turned nasty and at that point I politely told him that the conversation was making me uncomfortable and that I had decided not to proceed with the booking.
He sounded angry at this point, mumbled something and then hung up on me.
I hope I just spoke to him in a bad moment, and he is actually very pleasant in person. A pity to have had that experience though, as I would have certainly booked.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rachlovestravel

Travellers are raving about these Timaru hotels