“Excellent pub grub!!”

Ranked #12 of 70 Restaurants in Timaru
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: European, Healthy, Bar, New Zealand
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: TGB (Gastropub) is located in historical building with dramatic high ceilings, nostalgic exposed brick and modern touches. It's been operating since 1875 for obvious reasons: southern hospitality with exceptional food and drinks. Our food grub is no-nonsense yummy and generous. Come on down, and chow down with the food. You'd be so glad you did!!
Glentunnel, null, New Zealand
“Excellent pub grub!!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Very Very good meal,the restaurant was beside the bar but was intimate enough!!GGreat service,and prices were fair.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Glenn C
wiredfrog, Owner at TGB Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Greetings Glenn Thank you for your stamp of approval. We appreciate your kind words and we vow to be even better. Happy holidays. Faithfully, Ping LIM (The Proprietor)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Timaru, New Zealand
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Best meal ever! Thanks guys. Would recommend to all. Make sure you go to this hidden treasure in South Canterbury

Visited March 2013
2 Thank nemo1123
wiredfrog, Owner at TGB Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
Greetings Madam

Thank you for your kind words regarding our restaurant.
We appreciate it.
We look forward to serve you again in the near future.
All the best from Ping LIM (The Proprietor)
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

had desert here was yummy with great atmosphere and excellent service will return for sure, the restaurant and bar area is beautiful and romantic and in a great location, stayed at the hotel as well which was lovely had a great weekend away will return and have dinner there next time.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank raewyn b
wiredfrog, Owner at TGB Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Greetings Raewyn & Adam

Such a delightful surprise again. We are glad that you enjoyed the food and atmosphere here. We look forward to be of service to you again in the near future. You are now officially the Honourary Lifetime Member of the Grosvenor:) Have a pleasant day. Sincerely, Ping LIM (The Proprietor)
Timaru, New Zealand
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

The TGB Bar is misleading from the front.I strongly urge that you do go in.The service is friendly and unobtrusive.The food we had today was delicious-highly recommend the pine nut and spicey beef salad.Though the dressing was yummy I would probably ask for it on the side next time as there was lots of it.The decor was quaint but also modern and it is very clean.Excellent value for money.

• Visited January 2013
Xiamen, China
“Homely Feel”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I was stranded in Timaru for the night & thank you for the company of the lovely staff at TGB, which happened to be the bar/restaurant for the historical Grosvenor Hotel. I was tired and cranky and apart from helping me to check in, the staff who was just about to pack up stayed on and asked if I wanted to have a nibbles and a night cap before retiring for the night. I said that I wouldn't want to be a bother which she brushed off. She made me a sandwich and keeping me company. Such a wonderful gesture for someone like myself who had been on the road for quite some time and the one thing that I aspired for is a warm interaction. I woke up refreshed the next day and I take the opportunity to express my gratitude and appreciation for a little bit of human kindness and not mere commerce. Well-done, TGB!

• Visited September 2012