“Rustic atmosphere”

Ranked #27 of 74 Restaurants in Timaru
Bay of Plenty
“Rustic atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Visiting from north island. Found food lovely and service great highly recommend the soup. Loved the rustic atmosphere and toasty warm fire. All in all a very pleasant visit

Visited August 2014

Timaru
“disappointing”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been here before and really enjoyed the food and the service. I took a friend who was down from Christchurch for brunch and was disappointed when we went to order the eggs benedict to be told no hollandaise sauce - I choose to still have them and my friend decided to have the pancakes instead. We asked for coffee before our food and which we had to reorder. Our meals were bought out and there was hollandaise sauce. I would have thought that they would have come and given my friend an opportunity to reorder the eggs benedict.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Liz N
Timaru, New Zealand
“Owner very rude”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My Parents had their 50th wedding anniversary here last Sunday, it all turned to custard when they had overbooked the place. We all had pre-ordered the meals as there was 50 guests attending people to help out the manager, we had our meals coming out before the guests had even arrived, half the meals were cold, the own/manager was very rude, they were under staffed as my wife had to help serve the meals and to cap it off we were asked to leave at bang on 2pm we only arrived at 12 lunch time This is very poor service and would highly recommend people not to book this place if you have a large group!

• Visited April 2014
9 Thank rustynuts123
Mill Creek, Washington
“I love this place....one of a kind...”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I love this place...Stables Café and Bar is a one of a kind place in Timaru. I am so glad that we took the chance to travel out of the main city and visit this charming place on a country road. I felt right at home with the wonderful staff. The owner, Shirley, made us feel like we were visiting an old friend...great food, country atmosphere and a place to kick back and relax. If we ever get back to Timaru I can say with certainty that we will visit Stables and have a good meal and a chat with Shirley.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Takarehi
Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu), New Zealand
“Wonderful Afternoon With friends”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Great family atmosphere, Beautiful Cafe and friendly staff. I had a wonderful meal " Spinach and corn patties with smoked salmon " Yummy would highly recommend if you want a lite meal. It is a bit out of town if you haven't got a car but is worth it I would highly recommend to anyone

Visited August 2013