“WOW”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Timaru
Sefton Homestay Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 16 Timaru B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2014

If only all B&B were like this!
This place is outstanding, without doubt the best we have ever stayed at anywhere.
The house itself is beautiful, the room great inc bathrobes, the bathroom pure luxury. The upstairs guest lounge was packed with all beverages anyone could need inc biscuits etc. I defy anyone to get a nicer place than this. The breakfast was not only plentiful and tasty but also really nicely laid out. The owners were really friendly. Without doubt if I visit NZ again I def will book here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
seftonhomestay, Owner at Sefton Homestay Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you return
Your feedback was greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had been cycling the South Island with a group and staying in hostels, etc. The backpackers in town (Wanderers - very nice) had no room for me, so our leader book dmd at Sefton. Trish and John are avid cyclists and couldn't have been more hospitable. When I asked if I could use their clothesline, Trish offered to do my laundry.

My room was beautifully decorated and quiet. The breakfast was delicious - having poached eggs and muesli before an 85k ride was such a treat!

The b&b is located two blocks from Caroline Bay - great park and beach (and sometimes even penguins!),

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

We do hope you are still enjoying your cycling trip. Thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I booked both rooms for my wife and I and my mother. Our stay was the highlight of our trip! Trish was a most wonderful host, the house and rooms were absolutely beautiful and we had everything we needed. The private bathrooms and shared lounge was perfect! Staying at such a character filled home, we were hoping for an experience, and that we got with the attention to detail and personal touches, not found in most places.
Trish's way of making you feel at home was a nice change and her breakfast served to us was better than a restaurant, honestly. We all absolutely loved our stay and encourage anyone travelling through to do so, as you will not forget this amazing house and the wonderful experience in a hurry.
We genuinely look forward to our next stay here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
seftonhomestay, Owner at Sefton Homestay Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

So glad you enjoyed your stay. We enjoyed your company. Hope it's not too long before we see you again.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We spent one night at Sefton Homestay and, after having read the good reviews, we had high hopes and expectations. I am delighted to say that we were not disappointed.
We were lucky enough to be given the Blue Room, which had the benefit of an en-suite. The other room though has a private bathroom, which is easily accessible and poses no problem at all. There is a residents lounge next to the bedrooms where tea and coffee making facilities are to be found along with a plentiful supply of home-made biscuits, TV books, games and magazines. There was also a decanter of sherry, which we thought was a delightful gesture.
Our hosts were waiting to welcome us and showed interest in where we were from and our plans for our visit. They recommended various restaurants to us and each would have been an excellent choice.
The house is red brick and very English but showcases beautiful NZ rimu wood doors, windows and skirting. The bed was comfy, the bed and bath linens were top quality and the room was tasteful, restful and well furnished but the Blue room had only a side view over the house next door. The position is a quiet street but a few minutes walk into central Timaru and the beach area.
The breakfast was generous with cereal, seasonal soft fruit and berries, yogurt, cooked breakfast and toast and plentiful tea, juice and coffee.
It was a delightful stay and we would recommend it.

Room Tip: The Blue Room has an en-suite but no view. The other room has the better view and a private bathroo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
seftonhomestay, Owner at Sefton Homestay Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was great having you both to stay.
Best wishes. Trish & John

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We visited sefton homestay nearly a year ago and we often think about this b&b. It was the perfect start of our honeymoon. It felt a little bit like coming home to mum & dad. The breakfast consisted of everything you wish for. The hosts trish and john were such lovely persons and the house and room were really comfortable and clean. We hope we get the possibility to see this house and hosts again.
Verena&Josh, Austria

• Stayed: February 2013

So pleased you still remember us. We would love to see you back at Sefton Homestay B & B.
Thanks so much. Trish & John

Reviewed 19 December 2013

My wife and I broke up our drive from the south to Christchurch by staying at the Sefton Homestay in Timaru. It was exactly how you'd picture a perfect B&B to be; clean and cozy rooms, ensuite bathroom, and even a turndown service. Our host, Trish, was great and runs a fantastic establishment. Breakfast in the morning was excellent and plentiful. Really there isn't too much to say other than this was perfect and we highly recommend staying here if you're in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very generous comments. We do appreciate you taking the time.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The house is interesting as it provides an insight into an older property in New Zealand. My room was good with a comfortable bed and an adequate en suite bathroom. The smell of jasmin coming through the window was delightful, I got used to taking off my shoes before going upstairs and once settled enjoyed the use of the upstairs lounge. My welcome was a bit hurried and I wasn't sure at first, felt a bit left and advised to put my car on the drive - just in case! - but at breakfast realised that the couple were very friendly. I was delighted and grateful to have my laundry dealt with as I was touring NZ over a significant length of time. The lounge area proved to be very effective the following evening as a place to get to know other visitors.The breakfast was lovely and fresh. I would recommend this B&B for anyone wanting a stop over or a stay in an older property.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
seftonhomestay, Owner at Sefton Homestay Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you, Pauline. Apologies for my hurried welcome but glad you enjoyed your stay. It was lovely to have you stay.