“Tidy, Quiet, Helpful Staff”
Review of Avenue Motor Lodge

Avenue Motor Lodge
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Timaru
Reviewed 15 January 2009

Arrived on Christmas day and was greeted by a very helpful staff member who showed us to our room. During our stay we found that all staff members were very friendly and polite.

This motel is 10 minutes from city centre which makes it very quiet and secluded from other motels/hotels in the area.

The motel room was very clean and impressive with all new fittings. The bathroom was very clean and so was the kitchen.
We found the bed to be very confortable and we didnt have a restless night while we were there.

Overall the price of the room per night was very resonable.

I would highly reccommend this place to others wanting to visit Timaru.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 December 2008

Myself and 2 colleagues have just spent 2 nights at this motel. The check-in was quick and friendly and we were amazed at the size of the rooms. All of our rooms had large spa-baths and kitchenette. The motel appeared to be reasonably new. My room had a King sized bed and a smaller single next to it. I was upstairs and had a reasonably sized balcony with 2 outdoor chairs and a small glass table. There was a large wide screen High Definition television and plenty of working space for my laptop and various other electronic gadgets to set up. The room was super clean and smelt nice and fresh. The decor was nice and modern and I really enjoyed my stay at this motel. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2008

The unit was spacious and clean with more modern decor than a lot of motels in New Zealand. The only thing I didn't like was the shower which had no tray just the drain in the floor so no matter how hard you try the whole bathroom gets wet. I was a bit put off by list of things you can't do on the back of the door but the reception staff were friendly and helpful. It is a bit of a walk into town but would only be a short drive. I think it was good value at NZ$110 for the night.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family