“I got stranded here and loved every minute of it...” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Pacific Treelodge Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Kosrae B&B and Inns
Vienna, Austria
“I got stranded here and loved every minute of it...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Based on the reviews I had read on here, as well as several other comments I had taken note of through various online resources, I decided to stay at Treelodge during my intended 4-night stay on Kosrae. The owners/managers Mark and Maria are fantastic hosts who make you feel like family. They run a tight ship while carefully looking out for their guests needs and wishes. The resort's staff is very friendly and eager to please and interact with guests. Advice on how to make the most of your time is plentiful as well. I enjoyed one really nice day of scuba diving with Mark, as well as several days of randomly exploring the island using the bicycles and kayaks that Treelodge provides. Maria made sure to help me find the right kind of locals to take me on tours to more remote places of the island, as well as spear-fishing. The on-site restaurant Bully's serves good and reasonably priced food, and their daily specials add additional flavor to the otherwise already solid menu. After my 4 nights at Treelodge were up I was disappointed with the prospect of having to leave. Little did I know at that time that I would be forced to return for another 3 nights as the plane I was supposed to leave the island with never touched down on Kosrae that day because of an island-wide powercut, delaying my departure.unexpectedly. Continental/United offered to put me up in another resort on the island yet I requested to return to the Treelodge, and fortunately that request was honored.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Lucas K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

We've been back home for a week and we talk about Kosrae all the time, we wish were there... We chose Kosrae based on a friends recommendation and don't regret it in the least bit. After a long journey, we where greeted at the airport by Pacific Tree Lodge Staff and brought to the resort. Our room was clean and functional including very decent Wi-Fi, A/C and a fridge stocked with water, soft drinks and beer. Bully's Restaurant on premises had a great atmosphere and good and very reasonable food. We ate there the whole time and did not find the need to go elsewhere. Movie night, Happy Hour, Italian Night etc where nice changes but I loved the Sashimi and the Breadfruit Chips! But we came mostly for the Diving and Amazing Diving we got. Mark took us out every day and showed us the pristine reefs around the island. The boat was great and we met some interesting people from all parts of the world. We had our own gear, but the Pacific Tree Lodge's rental gear looked new and reliable, next time, we will use theirs rather than hauling ours half way around the world. We have been to Australia and dove the Great Barrier Reef. Kosrae's reefs can compete! All in all a wonderful trip and we hope to return in the near future. Thank you Mark and Maria for your hospitality!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank exsea
Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I selected Pacific Treelodge Resort for my wife and I to celebrate my 50th birthday in October. We arrived the end of July and spent four wonderful days there taking in may of the sights and tours. If you really want to get away from it all please consider Pacific Treelodge. The food at Bully's is great and the cooks are excellent. Please make sure you have some of the wonderful Tarot bread.

I am a ham radio operator WD0FAA from the states and operated V63FAA. When we arrived Mark and Maria put me in a room that allowed me to string up two 1/2 wave end fed antennas. I was able to work stations throughout North America along with Europe, South America, Australia, Russia and Asia giving them credit for Kosrae (IOTA OC-059) and the V63 prefix. If you are a ham please consider this location for your next vacation.
-Thida and Aaron

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maxflame
Hagatna, Guam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

Compared to the other established hotels on the island (KVR and the Nautilus) this one is by far the best value. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, we slept very well here. The Bully's Restaurant has a fantastic atmosphere and very tasty food. If you like burgers and fish, be sure to try the ground fish burger, it tastes fantastic.

The owners of the hotel are very accommodating and will do everything they can to help you enjoy your stay. For example, we really wanted to do the sunset cruise, but weren't going to be in Kosrae on a Thursday (the traditional day for this activity). This turned out not to be a big deal at all, the owner took my fiance and I out to his sailboat, which was parked in the harbor, and let us hang out there on our own to watch the sunset over the Sleeping Lady (complete with dinner).

My scuba diving experience was also very nice. If you're lucky enough to dive at Hiroshi Point, you'll be simply amazed at the health and abundance of the coral. Got to see Sea Turtles, Eagle Rays, a fairly large Napoleon Wrasse, and a Giant Trevally, among other things, on just 2 dives.

A few other notes:
*The hotel itself is within easy walking distance of the Blue Hole for accessible snorkeling.
*Car rental is available through the hotel, but they no longer rent scooters as my tour book suggested
*Pickup and drop off at the airport is included, and we got greeted with head wreaths of flowers, a very nice touch for a tropical island!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are probably about the same.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank btartler86
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

I stayed in Pacific Treelodge Resort three nights in January. Thanks to Mark who was extremely helpful in organising all the activities from snorkeling to hiking and kayaking I managed to do many things despite the relatively short time on the island. They can offer you a complete range of services, recommend local guides for trekking, rent a car etc. One hour after landing I was already on a boat going snorkeling... now how great is that!

The resort is located in a stunningly beautiful mangrove area that is a sight itself. You can use their kayaks for free to explore the area further. The rooms are simple, clean, with cable-tv, fridge, wifi, A/C and a good shower with hot water. The rooms are also well built and insulated so you don't have to worry about mosquitos getting inside.
They have also a good restaurant with friendly and smiling staff which was great and handy since there are not many restaurants in Kosrae outside the resorts.

Kosrae is a amazing and beautiful island. I hope to visit it again some day and I'll surely stay at Pacific Treelodge again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank jph01010
Hong kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

Hotel staffs is excellent , they are working from their heart to serve their guest .
In the room ,Wifi,tv, shower pressure, hot water are working well, lighting in the room is good . The view ,the food from the restaurant is the best in kosrae.
The dive shop is simple but well equip, the dive boat is proper dive boat you can expected . The coral around the island is healthy and unique. Mark is the owner , well experience to show you the underwater world in kosrae.
Beside the hotel is great , the local guild hamosion will show you the island culture and bring you to his home to cook you his daily catch fish . It is a real experience .
I spend 11 days there , enjoy every mins at the hotel and the best island I ever visit . I want to thanx Melisa , the restaurant staffs and Mark to make a perfect holiday for me .

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johnny W
Barnstable, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

My sister and I stayed four five nights and found the place clean and the service superior. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Bully's was just what we wanted for dining. Maria, Mark, and staff were most helpful. We don't dive but Maria arranged some wonderful tours of various parts of the island for the two of us. Prices throughout were reasonable. I have nothing but great memories of Pacific Treelodge and Kosrae.

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank stronglodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kosrae
Kosrae Nautilus Resort
Kosrae Village Ecolodge & Dive Resort
Ulithi Adventure Lodge
Ulithi Adventure Lodge
#1 of 1 in Falalop

Been to Pacific Treelodge Resort? Share your experiences!