“Friendly, comfortable and excellent value”
Review of Yvonne's Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palikir
Yvonne's Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Palikir B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Friendly, comfortable and excellent value”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed at Yvonne's for two months from the January to March. I was given a lovely, clean apartment (had everything I needed to prepare all my own meals) with good amenities and excellent air-con (very important in Pohnpei). The staff were always willing to help with my requests and overall they made my Pohnpei work experience highly enjoyable. I would definitely recommend Yvonne's for comfort and value for long stays on the island.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank espressocritic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 19 February 2013

There was a big conference for health when I was booked at Yvonne's Hotel.
Yvonne's upgraded my room. Excellent! I had three beds, an electric stove, plates and utensils.

I usually stay at Cliff Hotel when I visit Pohnpei. It was by chance that I was staying for 10 nights at Yvonne's. I really liked the experience of being close to town. Close enough to just walk to the various shops and attractions (spanish wall park)

The air conditioner was small for the room but the room was really big so I really can't complain. The TV was small but it had american channels like TBS (big bang theory and cougar town)

The room was cleaned everyday at noon time.

Wifi was available at the common area near the reception. It was slow and some people complained. The wifi's signal was strong enough to reach the adjacent Kai's restaurant so breakfast was a treat.

Breakfast was not included with the room.

Yvonne's hotel picked me up from the airport upon arrival (at 2am!)

The bed was comfortable but noisy. The windows were big and the curtains are a bit too thin for comfort.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
yvr
Reviewed 29 January 2013

It was a very nice and comfortable place to stay in excellent location. Owners are nice people and good to talk to. What I was impressed the most was how clean the place was - my room was absolutely spotless. I stayed in one of the rooms in the lower building below the restaurant. I originally wanted a room with balcony but they were all booked. But because the lower building is built in to the slope it had enough light and yet it was cool during even the warmest day. Also, room had an excellent AC. The size of AC was exactly right so it was keeping the temperature as one would want - but more importantly it was the most silent AC I've ever had in the hotel room.

Room Tip: As described above.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Stayed here for work with my husband, the bed was not so sturdy, the cable tv was not working very well and so was the air con which was much needed as the weather was hot! There is hot water available which was a plus for me. Internet services was difficult to get but it is available at the lobby but you have to take your laptop to be plugged in (but you have to wait for your turn as there is only one line). Location is central and ideal and there is a restaurant on site but I never had time to eat there.

Room Tip: too bad internet services difficult to get here
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank blueskai
Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Would suggest like others to take the rooms on higher floors. Its okay but was not particularly cheap for what I experienced.
I was in the apartment room at the back as I was staying for several weeks, although they didn't have any of the things that one could really use to cook with, one pot, no bowls, no peeler, can opener, knife, etc,
Although big and clean room was a bit stuffy because of only one window which didn't get any breeze. I was there during the power rationing (not the hotel's fault) and the generator running right outside was loud and didn't supply power to the rooms (only the restaurant and conference area). Anyway it somewhat tainted the experience.. Bed wasn't terribly comfortable, window curtain was see through, room wasn't insulated so could be noisy, aircon would shut off all the time with some error message, tv wasn't well tuned, internet access not available in the room - but could pick up telecom signal next door if you went into the garden.
They have laundry at the hotel which is handy. Kia's restaurant on premises does nice ramen and stays open late, very reasonable prices.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Roseville, California
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This is the first time I stayed there. The rooms were clean and the restaraunt was decent. Try and get a room upstairs as rooms 1-5 are downstairs and seem a little cavey. They wifi does not work in the downstair rooms also.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Kwajalein
Reviewed 28 December 2011

THe hotel was clean, and that was the best we can say. The lobby had smells drifting through from a nearby septic tank, the a/c was a load as a bus, dogs barked at night and the bed was like sleeping on a board.

Room Tip: see the title of my review
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Palikir hotels

Been to Yvonne's Hotel? Share your experiences!